The discovery thread!
Nov 27, 2022 at 10:45 PM Post #67,876 of 103,846
I haven’t seen any of this guy’s vids, does he normally hype everything or is this a good sign?

Queen of Audio, spend a lot on their outlook of the IEM, and their ads to me is mainly targeting female audiences, who treats nice looking IEM as a part of their ear-ring extensions. That’s my 2 cents. Not necessarily a bad sound, but if a cost is spent on the outlook, there will be a trade-off of what’s inside, that’s a logical prejudgment of mine.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2022 at 10:50 PM Post #67,877 of 103,846
They look like normal tips flipped, to me

I bet they got the idea of the tips from the inversion mod. What I like about the S&S tips is that it is both rigid and sticky at the same time. If you guys own the Azla crystal tips the material of the S&S are identical.

I have numerous tips I have inverted and they are a hit or miss depending on the quality of the silicone. In any case I suppose if any you guys want to try a similar style tip you all can invert some tips to see if you like it and go from there.

Been using the S&S tips on just about all my IEMs and it just works. Perfect seal every time.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2022 at 11:10 PM Post #67,878 of 103,846
I bet the got the idea of the tips from the inversion mod. What I like about the S&S tips is that it is both rigid and sticky at the same time. If you guys own the Azla crystal tips the material of the S&S are identical.

I have numerous tips I have inverted and they are a hit or miss depending on the quality of the silicone. In any case I suppose if any you guys want to try a similar style tip you all can invert some tips to see if you like it and go from there.

Been using the S&S tips on just about all my IEMs and it just works. Perfect seal every time.

I'm down to give them a shot. It never hurts to have another option. Where would you rec ordering them from?

Nov 27, 2022 at 11:16 PM Post #67,879 of 103,846
Last edited:
Nov 27, 2022 at 11:31 PM Post #67,880 of 103,846
Nov 27, 2022 at 11:39 PM Post #67,882 of 103,846
No worries. These tips are a bit out of the box in design. We were always fed this idea that the ideal tip is dome shaped. Well yes and no. It will depend on your physical ear shape but if you look at your garden variety tip and how they actually fit inside your ears. The actual part that seals well inside your ears is actually the very top of the tips and not necessarily the skirt portion. If you think about it the skirt portion of the tips that goes into your ears a are all flimsy no real rigidness to it. So it is the actual top of the tip if it has a larger surface that counts. The S&S tips has a larger top portion with minimal skirt portion. Seals amazing and are very comfortable.

I know these wont work out for some folks like they have for me but the off chance they will work for you is definitley worth exploring. You guys all know how important the right tips are to hearing well with your IEMS. These things with thier square shape and all will replace a lot of your older tips you thought was fitting you well. Looking foward to see what you guys have to say.

As many IEMs as you all own and listen to. I am saying these are substantial, I am not the only one that is saying that.

Watch the intro portion the first minute of this vid and see what he says about the no named tip he has been using. I agree 100% what he is saying here. Bought 6 pairs for me. Lol. I have been using them on everything.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2022 at 11:53 PM Post #67,883 of 103,846
Queen of Audio, spend a lot on their outlook of the IEM, and their ads to me is mainly targeting female audiences, who treats nice looking IEM as a part of their ear-ring extensions. That’s my 2 cents. Not necessarily a bad sound, but if a cost is spent on the outlook, there will be a trade-off of what’s inside, that’s a logical prejudgment of mine.
QoA Vesper is very good value for money. Possibly an unusual tuning - I get the impression that QoA like doing a different type of tuning. But still it was a good clean bass heavy sound with 10 mm DD and Knowles BA. The DD wasn't specified. The shell is of a very high quality. Currently sells for US$69.

Nov 28, 2022 at 12:10 AM Post #67,884 of 103,846
My feeling too. I ordered a set of Ls when they first came out. If they’re too small so be it, but I’m hopeful they’ll work great.

Just ordered M and L to try out. I generally favor foam tips on my UIEMs, but I have a couple sets that I prefer silicone on and, on top of that, I'm always looking for something better. I'm not a huge fan of the grippiness of the Xelastecs, but I can ignore that minor issue if the improvement in SQ is there. And, of course, even if they don't work for what I have now, you never know when some IEM you pickup in the future is going to have its potential unlocked by these tips. The way I figure it, tips are cheap and having options I don't normally favor or use has paid off more than once so it's worth the gamble.

No worries. These tips are a bit out of the box in design. We were always fed this idea that the ideal tip is dome shaped. Well yes and no. It will depend on your physical ear shape but if you look at your garden variety tip and how they actually fit inside your ears. The actual part that seals well inside your ears is actually the very top of the tips and not necessarily the skirt portion. If you think about it the skirt portion of the tips that goes into your ears a are all flimsy no real rigidness to it. So it is the actual top of the tip if it has a larger surface that counts. The S&S tips has a larger top portion with minimal skirt portion. Seals amazing and are very comfortable.

I know these wont work out for some folks like they have for me but the off chance they will work for you is definitley worth exploring. You guys all know how important the right tips are to hearing well with your IEMS. These things with thier square shape and all will replace a lot of your older tips you thought was fitting you well. Looking foward to see what you guys have to say.

As many IEMs as you all own and listen to. I am saying these are substantial, I am not the only one that is saying that.

Watch the intro portion the first minute of this vid and see what he says about the no named tip he has been using. I agree 100% what he is saying here. Bought 6 pairs for me. Lol. I have been using them on everything.

Funny you mention their shape because their resemblance to the classic foam shape is what has me thinking these might have some special sauce. 🤞 I guess we'll see and, as you said, the cheap price for trying them is worth it for the potential payoff if they work.

Nov 28, 2022 at 1:18 AM Post #67,886 of 103,846
Yeah head scratching indeed. There appears to be no theoretical reason it won't fit. The 3.5 MM TRS with 2 rings has tip = L, ring = R, sleeve = L&R combined ground. All the sockets will be the same.

There is one thing about the AP80 DAPs from Hidizs that may be different. The 3.5 mm socket allows any cable conencted to act as an antenna for FM radio. It is the only way to get FM radio to work on the unit. On the X model is there a software setting that locks the 3.5 mm socket into "antenna only" setting.
That would make sense if all the IEMs had the same problem but it is only the KLIM Fusion which fails to work. And the AP80 Pro X does not have an FM radio!

Nov 28, 2022 at 1:34 AM Post #67,887 of 103,846
I bet they got the idea of the tips from the inversion mod. What I like about the S&S tips is that it is both rigid and sticky at the same time. If you guys own the Azla crystal tips the material of the S&S are identical.

I'll give them a go next time I order something.
Currently waiting delivery on Tri Clarion, TRN T, Whizzer Easytips, FiiO HS18 and some BQEYZ eartips, so probably hold off for now.

Nov 28, 2022 at 2:42 AM Post #67,888 of 103,846
There appears to have been a discussion with a reviewer on Facebook where Meaoes advised that the filters were incorrect and they would send the correct filters. What wasn't mentioned was whether that only applied to some early review units or the first production units as well. I asked on Facebook and will post when I get a reply.

Update: I contacted Penon and asked them about this. They confirmed that some sets have incorrect filters and are sending me a new set. Evidently mine was one of the early ones that got the wrong filters.

Now, this is pretty good news since the Eagle is already in my estimation one of the best sets of 2022. Taming the treble a bit would make it better as it can be just a touch sibilant with the currently installed filter. But honestly? Had no one mentioned it I probably wouldn’t have considered the treble a problem at all.

Bottom line: Penon customer service is excellent and I’m very curious to hear what the Eagle sounds like with the manufacturer approved filters.

Nov 28, 2022 at 3:09 AM Post #67,889 of 103,846
@Scuba Devils in case you want a calm, and yet open sound, with very nice balance among all three ranges, with pretty decent treble air, you can go with the Hiby Lasya. Costs $129 during BF Deal which is a pretty sweet deal in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back