The discovery thread!
Oct 13, 2022 at 10:02 AM Post #65,851 of 103,525
Je parle un peu français. Je ne le parle pas très bien.

I tried to say, "I do speak a little French. I just don't speak it very well."

How did I do? 👍😁

Long live the music!

Ah oui ! C'est parfait 🤗 Merci de l'effort 👍

Vive la musique !

Oct 13, 2022 at 10:14 AM Post #65,852 of 103,525
It is the effort that counts! Bravo!

Those of us who natively speak English assume that everyone must speak English, and many do speak English (as a second language) to their credit, but it is their wealth and our loss if we do not attempt to speak other languages.
Merci belle vision !
Thank you for this openness 😊 however it remains very difficult for everyone to speak other than their mother tongue. A little over a hundred and fifty years ago, French was the language of the world. Sovereigns spoke French and knew the language of their country very poorly. Disproportion of other times.

English is very practical, it does not have the complexity of my language, whose nationals do not always grasp everything... I would have liked to be truly bilingual or trilingual, I see young people who are much more so now, also through networks.

Come on, ......music is our total language 😉
Here is our language 🌞

Oct 13, 2022 at 12:26 PM Post #65,853 of 103,525
Ah oui ! C'est parfait 🤗 Merci de l'effort 👍

Vive la musique !

I learned some Spanish and French in high school and college, but never became fluent in either. When I joined the Marines (a branch of the US Military) I studied Arabic, Pashto, and Farsi as part of the training for my specialty. I wouldn't say I'm fluent in any of those either, but I'm close in Arabic. I don't use any of them as often as I should since I was discharged.

It's always amazing to me when I run into people that are truly fluent speakers of several languages because it's truly not an easy thing to attain. I think it's great that so many countries and cultures have made a point of teaching English to the young to make it a global language and I also think it's crazy how far translation software has come so that almost anyone can converse in basic terms in scores of languages.

And, you're right, it's cool to see the younger generations becoming much more educated in each other's languages and even cultures and customs.

Oct 13, 2022 at 12:36 PM Post #65,854 of 103,525
Je parle un peu français. Je ne le parle pas très bien.

I tried to say, "I do speak a little French. I just don't speak it very well."

How did I do? 👍😁

Long live the music!
Oui c'est parfait 😎👍

Oct 13, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #65,855 of 103,525
I learned some Spanish and French in high school and college, but never became fluent in either. When I joined the Marines (a branch of the US Military) I studied Arabic, Pashto, and Farsi as part of the training for my specialty. I wouldn't say I'm fluent in any of those either, but I'm close in Arabic. I don't use any of them as often as I should since I was discharged.

It's always amazing to me when I run into people that are truly fluent speakers of several languages because it's truly not an easy thing to attain. I think it's great that so many countries and cultures have made a point of teaching English to the young to make it a global language and I also think it's crazy how far translation software has come so that almost anyone can converse in basic terms in scores of languages.

And, you're right, it's cool to see the younger generations becoming much more educated in each other's languages and even cultures and customs.

You have multiple experiences, and still seen more than 5 languages, which you can already understand. Ok not completely but that's it. It's impressive.

Oh yes modern machine translators are absolutely mind blowing. I would never have believed that they could arrive at this stage of ease. I have seen all the evolutions in computing and I can assure you that it has remained at the stage of incomprehensible stammering for more than 20 years.

The current results are wonderful even if they are not quite perfect, the ease, the speed, even the immediacy, since we can translate videos on the fly into commentary for subtitling.

Absolutely ! it makes it easier for people all over the world to relate, hopefully it brings a little bit of peace in the long run....
.... "J'ai fait un rêve" disait MLK 😊

Oct 13, 2022 at 4:09 PM Post #65,856 of 103,525
Talking about several languages excites me to the point of no return, but it is not really a discovery :triportsad:
i speak several languages myself and no longer live in the country I grew up - let's just say, you really learn a language if you live in their country.
You learn and start valuing the people.
Cheers.
Ciao.
Tschüß.
Salut.

Oct 13, 2022 at 11:48 PM Post #65,857 of 103,525
Oct 14, 2022 at 2:18 AM Post #65,858 of 103,525
Fit sucks big time (refer to Picture 2). Shell is on the heavy side and the awkward ear hook is pulling the IEMs down. Nozzle is long (like the Moondrop SSR) so they have to go deep into the ear canal to fit well. Problem is, the nozzle is on the wider side so getting a deep fit isn’t something everyone can do. With a terrible fit, the Stellaris sounds damn bad—Bright, harsh, bass-less. Eww.

Tip Rolling the Moondrop Stellaris
🌠
- Can the Horrendous Fit Be Fixed?
🤔

After trying out a lot of eartips in my collection, here are my favourite eartips to use with the Stellaris—with 1 specific ear tip that takes the crown as the best fitting and best sounding (for me).

Let's start with how the Stellaris "should fit". According to the official manual (refer to picture below), this is how the Stellaris should fit in one's ears.

Picture 3 - Manual.jpg

This means that the Stellaris should go deep into your ears, and not "hang out" like how we see most people wear them. We can't blame people for wearing the Stellaris "wrong" though, as with the stock UC eartips, I don’t think going deep into the ear canal is possible lol. The eartips are too huge and grippy to be able to go that deep. (Refer to picture 6 to see how the Stellaris with the smallest S size UC eartip fits in my ears)

With that in mind, I have taken the time to try out almost all of the eartips I have in my collection. After countless tries, I have finally found the one eartip that fits my ears really well with the Moondrop Stellaris, and that's...

Spinfit CP-360 (S size)

The cp360 S size allows me to fit the Stellaris deep into my ears, get a great seal, and also prevent the heavy IEM shell from "weighing and pulling down" the Stellaris from my ears (refer to picture below), which kept happening when I was using the stock UC eartips provided by Moondrop.

Picture 7 - after.jpg

In terms of sound, the deeper and better fit with the cp360 makes the sub-bass more prominent and the treble less harsh, which in return makes the Stellaris more pleasant to listen to.

Don't get my wrong, the Stellaris is still unquestionably a bright IEM, but if you find yourself wearing the Stellaris with half of the IEM's shell "hanging" outside your ears like how I used to (refer to picture below), you might be wearing them wrongly and thus not getting the most optimal sound out of them.

Picture 6 - before.jpg

I understand that not everyone's ears are the same, so here are a few notable options that you can try if Spinfit cp-360 doesn't work for you:
  • stock foam tips provided by Moondrop
  • Spinfit cp-360 (M)
  • KBEar a07
  • KBEar a08
  • Epro Horn
  • Spinfit CP-145

Keep in mind that I have also cut off the earhooks to get a better fit. YMMV.

Hope this helps!

Thank you HiFiGo for loaning me the Moondrop Stellaris for review purposes. All eartips mentioned in this post are all from my own personal collection. Full review of the Moondrop Stellaris + FR measurements will be up within a week.

Picture 1.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    854.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Picture 4.jpg
    Picture 4.jpg
    453 KB · Views: 0
  • Picture 5.jpg
    Picture 5.jpg
    607 KB · Views: 0
Oct 14, 2022 at 8:19 AM Post #65,859 of 103,525
Oct 14, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #65,861 of 103,525
Oct 14, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #65,865 of 103,525
Lots of drivers for 13-15 ohms and a 3.5mm termination... just sayin'

Seriously. I love how manufacturers aren't even trying to stay in the 16ohms and up range that most sources are designed to operate in. These really low impedance setups have consequences for the sound and the hardware that's driving them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back