The discovery thread!
Sep 19, 2022 at 8:53 PM Post #65,237 of 103,233
Haha tell that to KZ/CCA.

They spam release IEMs on an almost weekly basis with a "PRO" moniker, mostly these are sidegrades with not much value add. Indeed, they seem to be using consumers as beta testers for feedback. Throw as much stuff on the wall and something will finally stick.

Anyways, the word "PRO" is actually passe now. So many IEMs have utilized the "PRO" word ad naseum that they ran out of IEMs to christian it "PRO". The new thing to use is "MAX" or "X" or "ULTRA".
Still waiting for that "KZ ZS10 Pro X-MAX PlusUltra mk.III"

Thankfully KZ have slowdown a bit on releasing sidegrades. Back then, it feels like they release 2 iem per week or something.
And seriously, some people actually moans this naming thing in KZ discord, saying "we prefer theme names like Lyra rather than PLA13"
it got response from KZ rep, "understood, we take it for consideration"

few weeks later, "KZ PR1 HIFI" comes out...

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2022 at 9:13 PM Post #65,238 of 103,233
Still waiting for that "KZ ZS10 Pro X-MAX PlusUltra mk.III"

Thankfully KZ have slowdown a bit on releasing sidegrades. Back then, it feels like they release 2 iem per week or something.
And seriously, some people actually moans this naming thing in KZ discord, saying "we prefer theme names like Lyra rather than PLA13"
it got response from KZ rep, "understood, we take it for consideration"

few weeks later, "KZ PR1 HIFI" comes out...

I'm beta testing the pre production prototype of the SuperMaxUltraStealth Mk. Infinity Special Bestest KZ IEM Ever Edition. It's pretty sweet. I mean it still has that grainy treble and the graphs look like KZ house tuning from 2017 so sweet for KZ, I should say. In fact, if I had to describe them, I'd say they sound like the KZ ZS10 Pro with a longer better name. 😉

Sep 19, 2022 at 10:12 PM Post #65,239 of 103,233
I'm beta testing the pre production prototype of the SuperMaxUltraStealth Mk. Infinity Special Bestest KZ IEM Ever Edition. It's pretty sweet. I mean it still has that grainy treble and the graphs look like KZ house tuning from 2017 so sweet for KZ, I should say. In fact, if I had to describe them, I'd say they sound like the KZ ZS10 Pro with a longer better name. 😉
What's the battery life on those? If it's more than 20 hours as the name suggest, I would give it a shot.

Sep 19, 2022 at 10:22 PM Post #65,240 of 103,233
Haha tell that to KZ/CCA.

They spam release IEMs on an almost weekly basis with a "PRO" moniker, mostly these are sidegrades with not much value add. Indeed, they seem to be using consumers as beta testers for feedback. Throw as much stuff on the wall and something will finally stick.

Anyways, the word "PRO" is actually passe now. So many IEMs have utilized the "PRO" word ad naseum that they ran out of IEMs to christian it "PRO". The new thing to use is "MAX" or "X" or "ULTRA".
KZ is probably the undisputed king of mass producing IEMs, they'll start calling their IEMs Pro Ultra Max Ver 3.0. 2025 edition soon enough.

That is a ton of drivers being wasted on mediocre products.

It's funny how they waste so many drivers yet I don't think a SINGLE one of their IEMs come with a carrying case, not even a BLON-03 coffee bean bag.

Sep 19, 2022 at 10:41 PM Post #65,241 of 103,233
Sep 19, 2022 at 11:27 PM Post #65,242 of 103,233
Siblings :p
s12vsz12.jpg

Sep 19, 2022 at 11:29 PM Post #65,243 of 103,233
Sep 19, 2022 at 11:32 PM Post #65,244 of 103,233
Do they sound the sound? other than the sub bass boost on the Zeos's version?
I feel like the bass was kind of already good on the S12, Z12 just takes it up a notch. What it balances is the treble. After listening to the Z12, the S12's treble sounds snappier. I guess the bass elevation has created a more balance throughout the frequency band. I feel Note-definition is also a little smoothened out on the Z12. Rest they sound identical tonally and clarity-wise (mainly a little more bass on the Z12). I like modular cables, so Z12 feels good to me. after all same price but a modular cable hehe.

Sep 19, 2022 at 11:33 PM Post #65,245 of 103,233
I feel like the bass was kind of already good on the S12, Z12 just takes it up a notch. What it balances is the treble. After listening to the Z12, the S12's treble sounds snappier. I guess the bass elevation has created a more balance throughout the frequency band. I feel Note-definition is also a little smoothened out on the Z12. Rest they sound identical tonally and clarity-wise (mainly a little more bass on the Z12). I like modular cables, so Z12 feels good to me. after all same price but a modular cable hehe.
Thanks for the impression mate! Good to know

Sep 19, 2022 at 11:36 PM Post #65,246 of 103,233
Sep 20, 2022 at 1:42 AM Post #65,248 of 103,233
1) RAPTGO HOOK-X and TINHIFI P1 Max
2) 7Hz x Salnotes Dioko
3) Moondrop Planar Stellaris, Kinera Celest Gumiho, TANGZU Wu Zetian

An update on my testing. Really it consists of three waves. I received the RAPTGO and P1 Max first. Then the Dioko way later.....finally in the mail right now is the Stellaris, Gumiho and Wu Zetian. I’m not sure if I’ll ever hear the Talos? :)

you got a chance to try them out yet mate?

Sep 20, 2022 at 2:08 AM Post #65,249 of 103,233
2) 7Hz x Salnotes Dioko

An update on my testing. Really it consists of three waves. I received the RAPTGO and P1 Max first. Then the Dioko way later.....finally in the mail right now is the Stellaris, Gumiho and Wu Zetian. I’m not sure if I’ll ever hear the Talos? :)
Nice! Looking forward to your impressions!
Stellaris is out? Moondrop's Planar right?

Sep 20, 2022 at 2:12 AM Post #65,250 of 103,233
2) 7Hz x Salnotes Dioko

Rapt Go Hook X is my absolute favorite set of Planar IEMs. Yet to try Gumiho, Wu Zetian. Dioko is good, but my personal ratings are as such:
Rapt Go Hook X≥S12/Z12>P1 Plus(max I personally feel a little warm)>Dioko.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back