The discovery thread!
Jun 21, 2022 at 10:15 PM Post #63,481 of 100,490
Some new Acoustune IEMs coming up:

https://www.szetoproject.com/products/1750cu-1790ti

Acoustune.jpg

The one on the right (1750CU) costs $535 USD, the one on the left (1790TI) costs an eye watering $866 USD.

Well generally Acoustune stuff are single DD types, mostly V shaped, quite good technicalities. I've tried most of them and feel they are a bit overpriced compared to other midFI single DD types, but then again, you get diminishing returns once you go up the ladder in this hobby.

Jun 21, 2022 at 11:24 PM Post #63,484 of 100,490
Some new Acoustune IEMs coming up:

https://www.szetoproject.com/products/1750cu-1790ti

The one on the right (1750CU) costs $535 USD, the one on the left (1790TI) costs an eye watering $866 USD.

Well generally Acoustune stuff are single DD types, mostly V shaped, quite good technicalities. I've tried most of them and feel they are a bit overpriced compared to other midFI single DD types, but then again, you get diminishing returns once you go up the ladder in this hobby.
The machined look is awesome, on the eyes.

Why 4k, why!?

Jun 21, 2022 at 11:24 PM Post #63,485 of 100,490

graph.png

Wow! really promising for me, just if the 200-300hz a bit dial down flatter they will be better. But they are great, the pinna that shifted to 4khz (like Z1R) instead of my sensitivity 3khz but that too much i guess, and valley of lower trebles that not too much like other chifi ( I call it valley of trap, lot of chifi maker try to smoothen trebles but too much at these region) the 6khz should be around 4-6db from neutral, or else below that lot of treble information missing (some will not hear as they will be interpreted as treble safe, but actually lot of details that gone).
Hopefully the technicalities are great on this!

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2022 at 12:08 AM Post #63,488 of 100,490
The machined look is awesome, on the eyes.

Why 4k, why!?

That thing gonna become one hell of dust and lint traps

Actually i prefer pinna on 4khz as presence region rather than shouty 2.5khz or 3khz that Im sensitive of, but the amount of the 4khz is bit too much at 10db, should be around 7-8db that is great.
The 2-3khz is where woman vocals emphasized, but 4khz is presence for "fake details" and should be ok as long as not overdue (around 8db is great amount), while a little bit up to 5-6 khz is where dangerous area should be starting to have valleys, but again not too much recessed or they will lose lot of details.

Jun 22, 2022 at 12:20 AM Post #63,489 of 100,490
Actually i prefer pinna on 4khz as presence region rather than shouty 2.5khz or 3khz that Im sensitive of, but the amount of the 4khz is bit too much at 10db, should be around 7-8db that is great.
The 2-3khz is where woman vocals emphasized, but 4khz is presence for "fake details" and should be ok as long as not overdue (around 8db is great amount), while a little bit up to 5-6 khz is where dangerous area should be starting to have valleys, but again not too much recessed or they will lose lot of details.
I agree that the lower treble should have decent presence but I also think an increase from 1k to around 3k is ideal for proper vocal harmonics, though I personally don't like as much emphasis as the typical harman curve indicates either. 4k can be pretty stimulating for electric guitars, I'll give it that, but if the mids plateau/peak at 4k you'll get sibilance with music that isn't optimally recorded, which is a lot of music.

Jun 22, 2022 at 12:23 AM Post #63,490 of 100,490
You mean this ?
graph - 2022-06-22T112315.248.png

Not sure why but these flat graph always sound good at first and lose interest over time

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2022 at 12:42 AM Post #63,491 of 100,490
I agree that the lower treble should have decent presence but I also think an increase from 1k to around 3k is ideal for proper vocal harmonics, though I personally don't like as much emphasis as the typical harman curve indicates either. 4k can be pretty stimulating for electric guitars, I'll give it that, but if the mids plateau/peak at 4k you'll get sibilance with music that isn't optimally recorded, which is a lot of music.

Actually past 4khz that are dangerous for ringing or brittle area, around 4.5-5khz. 4khz IMHO wont give you sibilance, its on presence region, but need to be cut down precisely after that (5khz for example if you want to boost 6khz, lot of TOTL using this : 2khz-up, 3khz-down, 4khz-up, 5khz-down, 6khz little bit up, 7khz-down, 8khz up
while ThieAudio and some chifis using : 3khz-up, 4khz-down, 5khz-up, 6khz-down, 7khz-down, 8khz-up
That emphasize and valleys is to create details and transients, while balancing to not over ringing or over sibilance with valleys next to emphasized region.

But most importantly, they should be under 10db, or for me ideally under 8db increment.

You mean this ?
graph - 2022-06-22T112315.248.png
Not sure why but these flat graph always sound good at first and lose interest over time

That too lean and no punch on mid bass, great on 1khz down to 200hz, but i prefer incline from there
Here i share my preference FR that i made :

DynamicEars Target FR.jpg

Jun 22, 2022 at 1:17 AM Post #63,492 of 100,490
Actually past 4khz that are dangerous for ringing or brittle area, around 4.5-5khz. 4khz IMHO wont give you sibilance, its on presence region, but need to be cut down precisely after that (5khz for example if you want to boost 6khz, lot of TOTL using this : 2khz-up, 3khz-down, 4khz-up, 5khz-down, 6khz little bit up, 7khz-down, 8khz up
while ThieAudio and some chifis using : 3khz-up, 4khz-down, 5khz-up, 6khz-down, 7khz-down, 8khz-up
That emphasize and valleys is to create details and transients, while balancing to not over ringing or over sibilance with valleys next to emphasized region.

But most importantly, they should be under 10db, or for me ideally under 8db increment.

That too lean and no punch on mid bass, great on 1khz down to 200hz, but i prefer incline from there

DynamicEars Target FR.jpg
This seems too calculated, I think the entire treble region should be gently slopping down to sound natural and decay properly, though your graph more or less does do that. I haven't heard this specific orientation though so I'll refrain from making harsh judgements.

Jun 22, 2022 at 1:40 AM Post #63,493 of 100,490

I like the graph, kinda similar to mine
graph - 2022-06-22T124541.228.png

Edited: wrong graph

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2022 at 1:58 AM Post #63,495 of 100,490
Per my reference, this set really hit home for me in the mids and I did like this flat bass for the most part as it had some punch, just lacking a bit of extension.

https://crinacle.com/graphs/iems/etymotic-er2se/

The fullness of the mid boost plus the drop off just before 3k was really vivd to me.

The ER2SE and other etymotics wont suit me well since they are heavily emphasized on 3khz pinna gain. And lack of bass for me also. But we have our difference preferences right? And I always appreciate that differences, different perception or arguments :) Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back