The discovery thread!
Mar 14, 2022 at 11:11 PM Post #62,086 of 100,585
Shozy Djembe
i have a Black Hole Mini Steel - they also have a pretty nice wide sound with a wonderful soundstage in bassss.
Yep, housing so small but not for a big ears (so small nozzle).

"Spiraldots" also includet with Djembe ? BlackHoleMini does have :)

Mar 14, 2022 at 11:32 PM Post #62,088 of 100,585
i have a Black Hole Mini Steel - they also have a pretty nice wide sound with a wonderful soundstage in bassss.
Yep, housing so small but not for a big ears (so small nozzle).

"Spiraldots" also includet with Djembe ? BlackHoleMini does have :)
Unfortunately the Djembe is a $100 earphone that has some basic accessories. No spirtal dots, you just get a set of generic silicones instead.
Cable is a bit cheap as well.
Looking forward to hearing more about Djembe but I haven't owned any Shozy IEMs since their measurements weren't to my taste.
Shozy has different tunings that is for certain. I like the YST-02 more than the Djembe but the Djembe has its place. Not too many earphones its size. Folks that love small IEMS and it is one of the better IEMs for vocals of all things.

I have been working on the review on them. Will reveal much more on my review of them.

Mar 15, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #62,089 of 100,585
Mar 15, 2022 at 5:36 PM Post #62,090 of 100,585
anyone that can help lowBuget meet his buget. Please do so. Only phone I heard on your list is the Mackie MP320 which is not that great. So you can cross that one out looks like it has been discontinued any how.

On a different note. DSC09613.JPG

New Shozy Djembe. These are small shelled IEMs and the entire housing fits in your Concha. What that means is for folks that been looking for a good relax and sleeping IEM well here you go. These are more mid focused tuned so vocals stand out. I am current writing about them. This is one of those IEMs that absolutely requires burn in as they dont sound all that great out of the box. But if your willing to burn them in. They live up to their price point. I wouldnt say they are class leading at the price but there are not too many small earphones. It is a single dynamic design and housing being used has some vents on the bottom of the shell which makes these a semi open design.

Will have much more on my review of them but for now interesting earphones from Shozy.

looks good. its going to be difficult to get it but im adding it to my list.

Mar 16, 2022 at 3:33 AM Post #62,091 of 100,585
Mar 16, 2022 at 4:26 AM Post #62,093 of 100,585
Anyone here heard the Zishan daps and are they worth checking out?
Their latest seems to be Zishan Z4?
Dual ES9038Q2M.

As always, proceed with caution with Zishan. sounds great, awesome price, but you need to know your way around pcb and solder to be safe.
Nympho have review it.
---

Zishan Z4 ($100 ish)

1647451609895.png
1647451618975.png
1647451659589.png

1647451730282.png

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2022 at 11:14 PM Post #62,094 of 100,585
I was extremely disappointed by the NFAudio NM2 when I first took them in hands. The build quality was akin to $5 KZ/TRN IEMs, and even those got a metal nozzle which the NM2 don't.

Fortunately, they sound good, and at times great. The energetic presentation can get too much for some (and also the IEMs require a tip change IMO), but overall these got great technicalities aka staging, imaging, overall resolution.

They give the Titan S a good run for their money. Whereas the Dunu offering is a more well-rounded package, the NM2 is slightly more resolving which make them a very interesting option around $100, if you can live with the build that is.

Full review can be read here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/nf-audio-nm2.24401/review/28156/

IMG_9260.jpg

Mar 17, 2022 at 5:52 AM Post #62,095 of 100,585
Just popped the top of this one about 20 minutes ago! Insane what you can buy for under $100. I will have a review in a few days. Best described after a 5 minute session.........pure bliss! I'm serious! They will sell-out.

DSC_0051.JPG

Tipsy TTROMSO PineStone Sea Universal IEM
Comes with a 1 year warranty, free shipping.........anywhere.

$89.00

Get them here:
Linsoul website: https://www.linsoul.com/
Linsoul Aliexpress Store: https://ddaudio.aliexpress.com/store/2894006
Linsoul USA Amazon Store link: https://www.amazon.com/s?me=A267P2DT104U3C&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2022 at 6:48 AM Post #62,096 of 100,585

First Impressions:
Well, the build is super nice. I know why they call them PineStone Sea, because they are clear blue, and you can kinda see into them. This was not apparent in the photos. Also there is a super small gold vent, that for whatever reason never showed-up in the pictures. You could just barely see it in photographs? So I was suspicious of it, but now that they have arrived, it’s nothing, being so small.

They have a tight-cloth covered cable which is also blue. I have never seen a cable like this, miles better than anything plastic, or rubbery. To tell you the truth I wasn’t sure about this color scheme in the photographs, but in real life it feels and looks fantastic. Fit was absolutely perfect straight off. They are not super-super low weight, but definitely not heavy. They are not super small or big in size.

The sound:
Well being one DD I was surprised how well they cover the whole sonic spectrum. Linsoul must know what sound I’m after...........because they nailed it with this IEM.

The bass is just ever so slightly slow, but that’s the magic. The decay is natural but also forever it seems. Not un-naturally long but that is totally the fascination at this point. Also combine that with the resolution at hand, truly a deal for under $100.

Vocals are centered perfectly and not set back like you often find with V style signatures. Though I haven’t got to female vocals yet? Really the biggest deal going on at this moment is soundstage. Huge huge soundstage! That and the coherence that comes with a single DD. I’m really surprised as this tuning is ever so special. Due to hitting the mark with FR they will have absolutely no problem selling this. It’s extremely well rounded for what it is, I’m guessing so far? Combine that with the overall big-big-sound and you have a winner!🔥🔥🔥

Not even started to be burned-in yet, who knows what it will be like?

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #62,097 of 100,585
Curious how it sounds, looks a lot like Final E2000-E4000 series
Received a hiby thor today as part of a bundle with r3 pro saber. very first impression is "bright, lacks bass". Which i would attribute to them being quite tiny (they are my first bullet-style iems and if thats how all of them sound also my last :wink:)

The nozzle is 5mm wide and the included tips have a very short length, when attached it's 1-2mm from the nozzle mesh to the outer end of the tip.

edit: using narrow bore tips (hard to get over the wide nozzle but all metal construction allows liberal use of force) with a longer tube gives me a better seal and bass gains some "thump"

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2022 at 8:17 PM Post #62,098 of 100,585

First Impressions:
Well, the build is super nice. I know why they call them PineStone Sea, because they are clear blue, and you can kinda see into them. This was not apparent in the photos. Also there is a super small gold vent, that for whatever reason never showed-up in the pictures. You could just barely see it in photographs? So I was suspicious of it, but now that they have arrived, it’s nothing, being so small.

They have a tight-cloth covered cable which is also blue. I have never seen a cable like this, miles better than anything plastic, or rubbery. To tell you the truth I wasn’t sure about this color scheme in the photographs, but in real life it feels and looks fantastic. Fit was absolutely perfect straight off. They are not super-super low weight, but definitely not heavy. They are not super small or big in size.

The sound:
Well being one DD I was surprised how well they cover the whole sonic spectrum. Linsoul must know what sound I’m after...........because they nailed it with this IEM.

The bass is just ever so slightly slow, but that’s the magic. The decay is natural but also forever it seems. Not un-naturally long but that is totally the fascination at this point. Also combine that with the resolution at hand, truly a deal for under $100.

Vocals are centered perfectly and not set back like you often find with V style signatures. Though I haven’t got to female vocals yet? Really the biggest deal going on at this moment is soundstage. Huge huge soundstage! That and the coherence that comes with a single DD. I’m really surprised as this tuning is ever so special. Due to hitting the mark with FR they will have absolutely no problem selling this. It’s extremely well rounded for what it is, I’m guessing so far? Combine that with the overall big-big-sound and you have a winner!🔥🔥🔥

Not even started to be burned-in yet, who knows what it will be like?
Thanks for the observations! I'd love to hear more about this one-- any more insight, comparisons, and review you can give us as you listen more, will be appreciated.

Mar 17, 2022 at 10:18 PM Post #62,099 of 100,585
Well, review comes out in two days or so? I will post a link here.
Thanks for the observations! I'd love to hear more about this one-- any more insight, comparisons, and review you can give us as you listen more, will be appreciated.
07D89097-6499-4355-B101-7963AB891784.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2022 at 11:19 PM Post #62,100 of 100,585
I heard from my friends that these Tipsy are so-so - soft and without details. I would be wary of buying them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back