The discovery thread!
Jan 14, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #61,426 of 100,489
New Final Audio bullet shaped budget set soon to be available:
Called the Study 1

https://final-inc.com/products/study1-jp

Capture2.PNG
Capture4.PNG

Is 2980 Yen, which is about $26 USD. Comes with Final E white tips.

Apparently this IEM marketed for students. Like do students need a particular graph/sound signature haha? However, the specs suggest an amp is needed (low sensitivity), I am doubtful most students own an amp.

Capture3.PNG

STUDY HARD STUDENTS!!! Don't get distracted by the gear music but focus on studying!!!
I have seen this but I spent too much money on CD now...
Should I buy it just for fun? :))))))

If there are enough request for review, I probably will get it and do measurement

Jan 14, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #61,427 of 100,489
I have seen this but I spent too much money on CD now...
Should I buy it just for fun? :))))))

If there are enough request for review, I probably will get it and do measurement

Yes please. I need all the help I can get to pass the course I'm currently taking...

Jan 14, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #61,428 of 100,489
Yes please. I need all the help I can get to pass the course I'm currently taking...
*Me looking at next week exam

Yeah... I might buy it after all :D

Jan 15, 2022 at 12:23 AM Post #61,430 of 100,489
I'm not sure if I'm underestimating 'students' here but provided they get enough volume are they likely to know they need an amp for this to scale? It looks like it's aimed towards young teenagers...I don't like to make sweeping generalisations but I'm inclined to say they will be more concerned with earphone aesthetics and the latest social media trends.

I think you are spot on.

I tried letting some of my younger cousins listen to some well regarded budget CHIFI IEMs. But they weren't interested in even trying them out, they were going for Beats stuff (no offence to Beats lovers) and some celebrity endorsed stuff. I guess being fashionable is the more important priority over sound quality.

Or they are into TWS gear. Even among the general public, in subways and buses, 90% of peeps use wireless gear or some cheap bundled earbuds that come with smartphones. I do have a fair share of TWS stuff, they are great for convenience and perhaps exercising, but in terms of absolute sonic fidelity, at this point in time, wired gear is still superior, though I think the general public go for convenience as a first priority.

Where is the link to buy international for the study1

It is not released yet, I think you have to order it on their japanese site first, and it releases on 10.02.22 apparently.

Capture5.JPG

Jan 15, 2022 at 5:43 AM Post #61,431 of 100,489
Jan 15, 2022 at 7:52 AM Post #61,432 of 100,489
It is weekend, so it is time to bring out the good music, the best headphones / speakers you have and enjoy some free time!!

I finished and posted my full review on a cable, the Copper+ from PLUSSOUND!! This is a high-end one, worthy of your ears and time, best IEMs and best DAP!

Regardless whether you believe in cables changing the sound or not, it should make for an interesting read, and don't forget the company has many other options, including some entry-level ones but still with great ergonomic and build quality~

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2022/01/plussound-copper-time-for-flagship-cable-magic.html

Plussound-Copper+-Copper-Plus-Coaxial-IEM-Cable-Connectors-2-Pin-4.4mm-Balanced-Review-Audioph...jpg

Jan 15, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #61,433 of 100,489
Interestingly Final Audio claims that this Study 1 IEM lets students score higher marks LOL!

Capture5.PNG
Capture7.PNG

Hmm maybe we should get a set to see if this IEM can let audiophiles differentiate 320 mp3 from FLAC files in a blind A/B test!
But KZ is named KNOWLEDGE ZENITH which ones do I buy if I want to be smart?

Jan 15, 2022 at 5:09 PM Post #61,434 of 100,489
Jan 16, 2022 at 1:14 AM Post #61,436 of 100,489
Buy a QKZ - "Quality Knowledge Zenith". The Quality in the name clearly means you get quality knowledge to be even smarter.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2022 at 1:24 AM Post #61,437 of 100,489

None i guess?

Haha @nayt94 has a great point.

I have had around 15 or so KZ/CCA pokemons in the past and I gave up on them a year or so back after they kept churning out weekly V shaped sidegrades and used everyone as beta tester guinea pigs. A "pro" version of whatever KZ model you bought would be released a few weeks later, with not much value add. Similar concept to what BLON is doing now in throwing as much crap on the wall and hoping something finally sticks. KZ were also locked in a multi driver nuclear race with TRN for a long time, and focusing on driver count rather than tuning.

But having said that, lately KZ has been collaborating with bignames like Crinacle and BGGAR to tune IEMs, and those releases have had good reviews and nice graphs, something different from the spam V shaped multi driver behemoths.

I think you can check out those bigname tuned KZs, they probably are more "audiophile" tuned than an old school KZ.

Jan 16, 2022 at 3:11 AM Post #61,438 of 100,489
My DT9 just arrived:
IMG_20220116_121735.jpg

IMG_20220116_144221.jpg

The good:
- Build (small, light weight), actually look really good
- Cable is awesome, better than kz one for sure
- 2 set of tips (blon tips + kz white short tips)
- BASS (fast, detail)
-Treble extension
The bad:
- Sibilance at sibilance at sibilance prone track
- Soundstage
- Bass (sub bass focus - subjective)
- Might sound bright for some
- Lack accessory
Will update after proper burn in
Edit: they do sound kind of like this
graph (4).png

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2022 at 3:11 AM Post #61,439 of 100,489
New TFZ release:

TFZ Tequila Pro

Capture2.JPG

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003802284995.html

$169 USD

The kicker is that the FR bandwidth is indeed beyond imagination and hearing. Only our bat and dolphin friends can appreciate this set!
Capture1.JPG

I still own the original Tequila, it is a V shaped basshead set, huge soundstage (open backed), but technicalities wise subpar for a $100 set.

TFZ is generally known to push out basshead sets, so this will probably follow the same vein, they can end up sounding like one-trick ponies after a while, but they would do well for bass forward music eg hip hop, EDM.

Jan 16, 2022 at 3:40 AM Post #61,440 of 100,489
TFZ is generally known to push out basshead sets, so this will probably follow the same vein, they can end up sounding like one-trick ponies after a while, but they would do well for bass forward music eg hip hop, EDM.
They are going to fade into obscurity if they keep this up. The last 2 years they haven’t released something worthwile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back