The discovery thread!
Oct 20, 2021 at 11:37 PM Post #60,586 of 100,497
On reddit I saw a post with this transcript from the Linsoul Discord:

According to Dèng in the Linsoul Discord channel

(https://discordapp.com/channels/565373664921649153/598758400670564363/900222806531407922)

FAQs on THIEAUDIO Monarch MKII

Q: How big is the Monarch MKII?

A: It's similar to the Original Monarch.

Q: Will there be custom options available?

A: No, it's highly unlikely.

Q: When will it be launched?

A: By the end of October, together with THIEAUDIO V16 Vinity, hopefully.

Q: What's the price of the Monarch MKII?

A: This information will be available during launch.

Q: Will the Monarch MKII be available for pre-order?

A: Like the V16 Divinity, we will be releasing limited in-stocks for Monarch MKII during launch.

Q: Will the Monarch MKII have switches?

A: Like the V16 Divinity, there are no switches.
Thanks

Oct 21, 2021 at 12:22 AM Post #60,587 of 100,497
At this price, It's going to face a lot of competition with Lotoo Paw S2 and LP W1.
Kinda newbie for dac things
How good this might be compared to btr5?
All i have owned is, dragonfly black+red, btr5.

I have tried xduoo xd05 which is freakin awesome which i think is better than all the things i owned, but its been awhile since i tried it.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2021 at 1:18 AM Post #60,590 of 100,497
The flagship Kinera Baldr 2, reviewed:

https://www.headfonia.com/kinera-baldr-2-review

Kinera-Baldr-2-11.png

Oct 21, 2021 at 1:59 AM Post #60,591 of 100,497
The DQ6 has decent bass and excellent sparkle. Mids are very lively. Bass is probably their weak spot, but I still love em.

Oct 21, 2021 at 2:09 AM Post #60,592 of 100,497
Been using the CCA NRA, and after I changed out the stock cable with the K Bear Limpid pure silver, they really improved. They were kinda meh with the stock cable and the copper K Bear Rhyme. The stage was insufferably narrow, but going pure silver 8core was a revelation for these. The bass got more defined, the stage opened up a bit more left and ride wide, and the sound got more pleasing. an EST (magnetostat for you sticklers) for $20.00. Not bad at all with pure silver 8core cable.

EDIT : Using Sony A55 with latest mr walkman update.

Attachments

• IMG_8852.jpg
    IMG_8852.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 21, 2021 at 4:32 AM Post #60,593 of 100,497
Ahead of my full review (which will be completed in the next couple of weeks) I just wanted to post a few first impressions of the NF Audio NE4. I’ve been aware of NF Audio for a while, but this is the first time I’ve actually listened to any of their products, and I must say I’m super impressed.

The NF Audio is a 4 BA model with one key feature, namely changeable faceplates that contain different crossover circuitry. Unlike most IEMs that have different switch settings (with the exception of the exceptional @Penon Legend – more on that next week), the NE4 faceplates make a considerable change to the sound signatures by utilising the drivers in completely different ways. And each of these sound profiles are carefully and thoughtfully tuned for very specific use cases. The black ‘reference plate’ has a pleasantly balanced signature with a slight low-end bump. The red ‘pop’ plate significantly increases the thump in the lower registers (by several dB) whilst recessing the mid-range slightly and smoothing out the treble marginally. Whereas the blue ‘transparent’ faceplate presents a signature that might accurately be described as ‘most neutral’, with an almost completely linear presentation from the lower to mid registers and a slight bump in the treble. All discernibly different signatures for very different listening experiences, all three of which are extremely satisfying in their own right.

My only gripe so far is with the stock cable which, whilst not particularly egregious in any way, just doesn’t bring out the best of what this IEM can offer. As soon as I switched the cable to something a little more suitable, the NE4’s showed their true colours and have provided me with several hours of listening pleasure with all of the faceplates.

Will all three signatures be right for everybody. Of course not (the ‘transparent’ plates likely to be the most divisive) but surely that’s the point of having changeable signatures in the first place.

With the NE4 you genuinely do get 3 IEMs in one for a very reasonable price given what they offer! And, apparently, NF Audio may be releasing additional faceplates/crossovers for the NE4 too.

When you put on the blue one, NE4 turn off a BA for bass, there will be a big change.

Oct 21, 2021 at 4:38 AM Post #60,594 of 100,497
At this price, It's going to face a lot of competition with Lotoo Paw S2 and LP W1.
choose LP w2, don't choose hiby. as long as I tried Hiby, I know I would never buy any Hiby in my life.

Oct 21, 2021 at 5:39 AM Post #60,595 of 100,497
Miss click edit with quote
---

I'm going to buy another dq6 to mod with tanya filter, but still waiting abit for ZEX news.
I wonder which one "better" In direct comparison.
I have sat and compared the KZ DQ6 and the KZ ZEX side by side, 3.5mm from the HiBy R5, and A/B'd them. ZEX with Stock Cable, and L Spiral Dot's. KZ DQ6 with KZ upgrade cable and L Spiral Dot's.
Both sound good to my ears for very little money. I find the ZEX is a safer tuning and I prefer the DQ6's upper mids and treble. The ZEX treble rolls of a bit early and is less forward in the stage. The DQ6 has a more spacious presentation and a tad more general attack. The three DDs have more edge and oomph than the DD and Magnetostat of the ZEX. Bass is well presented on both and well forward in the V-shape. The DQ6 has slightly better placed mids and upper mids. The ZEX will probably please everyone it has a really toneful nice sound and the bass perhaps slightly more forwards, but the DQ6 to my ears is way more spacious and gives a better positional sense of instruments as on Tears Inside by Ornette Coleman, same on his Focus on Sanity. The DQ6 may divide more with it's more exciting presentation but it does 'edge' well.
The main difference is the staging, imaging, spaciousness, separation, which is more three dimensional in the DQ6, but both are good listens, and do KZ proud. So much for so little. You can't go wrong with either.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2021 at 6:46 AM Post #60,596 of 100,497
I was under the impression that true balanced is possible one dac.🥲
Yes, if you are using a DAC with more than 2 channels, like ES9038PRO.
You can think of it as four 2-channel DACs in a single package.

Oct 21, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #60,597 of 100,497
choose LP w2, don't choose hiby. as long as I tried Hiby, I know I would never buy any Hiby in my life.
Hmmm. Sounds like you’ve had a bad experience with HiBy before. I have the HiBy R6 Pro and like it very much, so I personally would recommend HiBy to others. But, I guess how each of us see it will depend on our own experiences.

Oct 21, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #60,598 of 100,497
FB_IMG_1633994937937.jpg

Oct 21, 2021 at 9:25 PM Post #60,600 of 100,497
Hmmm. Sounds like you’ve had a bad experience with HiBy before. I have the HiBy R6 Pro and like it very much, so I personally would recommend HiBy to others. But, I guess how each of us see it will depend on our own experiences.
I don't recommend hiby because I think they lack something, such as: the musical. I once have R8 for a month, R8 is great on power and soundstage, but it is short on something musical, many people may say that R8 is referance product, but I think that to be referance doesn't mean not to be musical.

And I tried all products last weekend of hiby, the rs6 is a lot better than prototype, but the others, be careful.:darthsmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back