The discovery thread!
Aug 28, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #59,776 of 100,510
Aug 28, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #59,777 of 100,510
Seems like there is a trend for rapper bling IEMs lately, yo gimme these mofos dogz!
I
tacos-de.gif

Aug 28, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #59,778 of 100,510
I've purchased a pair of earbuds from a company I've purchased quite a lot of audio products from, starting with the excellent Resonates and onwards.

This is a review on the Avant Air from the company Rock Jaw Audio. A wireless pair of earbuds that offers incredible value.

This is my review and it it's free of any outside influence, no money has changed hands and no shady dealings have taken place.

Right onwards and upwards.

As you can see it comes fitted with eartips as standard but they can be removed but I wouldn't recommend it as it's a right pain trying to put them back.

It comes with the extremely short USB A to USB C connector but since must people have a normal sized charging cable it's fine to have as a backup.

If you have a wireless charger then you'll be right at home as the Avant Air's case also supports wireless charging.

Right the most important part of the review the sound. So what does it sound like? Well if truth be told it's a really fun sounding pair of earbuds. It's V shaped in it's sound signature which to be honest brings out the best in it's usage case. The custom drivers which by the way have liquid silicone and beryllium coatings have a incredible frequency response 15–40000Hz that means you hear nuances on tracks that you've heard many times before. The earbuds support AAC and AptX codecs.

The bass is impactful but not overwhelming. The treble might be slightly harsh to some people because of the overall sound signature but I haven't had any issues.

Soundstage as I've spoken briefly about above is absolutely beautiful. I feel the team at Rock Jaw have done themselves proud as I can tell they're not just thrown the kitchen sink at the development of these bad boys they've included the whole kitchen as well.

Battery life is another thing they've excelled at, with up to 12 hours in ear and 39 hours in the case. You'll definitely have enough to last you though the day and then some.

Connectivity is amazing, not once have I had any issues pairing with the Avant Air or any problems with it cutting out on my Android device with Bluetooth 5.0. The Avant Air supports Bluetooth 5.2 out the box.

The Avant Air comes with touch controls which control volume and voice assistant compatible.

It's also IPX5 water resistant.

Each earbud is 6.5 grams.

Here's where to purchase them https://rockjawaudio.com/products/avant-air

Attachments

• IMG_20210809_150931.jpeg
    IMG_20210809_150931.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Aug 28, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #59,779 of 100,510
Aug 28, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #59,780 of 100,510
Aug 28, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #59,781 of 100,510
Aug 28, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #59,782 of 100,510
Aug 28, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #59,783 of 100,510
Mele thread got undeleted and unlocked now. I'll appeal to everyone here to not make further comments on the subject on this thread, to keep it clean.

The only reason I'm posting about this in this thread it's because I know most of the guys interested, hang around here.

Thanks everyone. Have a nice day and let the music guide you!

See you there
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Aug 28, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #59,784 of 100,510
DSC08789.JPG
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/fiio-fh5s-pro.25384/

So this one is basically for cable believers. Fiio has changed their FH5s to a new Pro version. The kicker here is that the new pro version includes a new cable that changes the sonic character of the FH5s. It now has a proper cable to go along with the sonics that improves everything about the sound tuning of the base FH5s. If your not much into cable enhancing effects I would skip this one as it is all about their new Pro cable the LC-RC. These are now sounding like it should and while they still have the full treble end of the tuning this new LC-RC cable does not accentuate the highs effectively cleaning up the treble end. It also has a positive effect on the rest of the tuning as well.

Aug 28, 2021 at 8:59 PM Post #59,785 of 100,510
DSC08789.JPG
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/fiio-fh5s-pro.25384/

So this one is basically for cable believers. Fiio has changed their FH5s to a new Pro version. The kicker here is that the new pro version includes a new cable that changes the sonic character of the FH5s. It now has a proper cable to go along with the sonics that improves everything about the sound tuning of the base FH5s. If your not much into cable enhancing effects I would skip this one as it is all about their new Pro cable the LC-RC. These are now sounding like it should and while they still have the full treble end of the tuning this new LC-RC cable does not accentuate the highs effectively cleaning up the treble end. It also has a positive effect on the rest of the tuning as well.
I had a lengthier response, but didn't want to restart the whole cable civil war thing again. Hopefully this version is better received than the previous iteration.

Aug 28, 2021 at 11:44 PM Post #59,787 of 100,510
Something good is happening when you have another company announcing your product launches:
2021-08-28 02_28_17-(16) CCA Official Store (@StoreCca) _ Twitter.png
The people running CCA's twitter seem to be pretty swell.
Lol CCA!

Aug 29, 2021 at 2:40 AM Post #59,788 of 100,510
I know! I was on their Twitter hoping for news about the launch date for the C24 and stumbled across that. At first I thought it was a retweet, but no. They were just tweeting about the new i3 Pro. Pretty cool of them.

Aug 29, 2021 at 2:50 AM Post #59,789 of 100,510
A great gift for your beloved. After all, it is not only beautiful, but also there is one more merit. When she listens to music, she doesn't speak.
In my wife case.. When she listens to music, she sing.. :smile:

Aug 29, 2021 at 3:07 AM Post #59,790 of 100,510
20210829_115956.jpg

Sorry for meshy picture.. Got Oppo Enco X... It got my interest with the marketing of dual driver: dynamic and planar.

Early impression: (just less than 1 hour)
- this is not bad... Balanced with leaning a bit on clear and a bit bright side
- reading "tuned by Dynaudio", my expectation was high. But reality is.. it does not reach that Dyn's level. (Mind you.. My 1 piece of Dyn tweeter alone is almost twice the price of his $100 TWS with its luxury package.)
- but the tuning marketing don't lie.. This TWS tuning is really away from consumer TWS. Closer to audiophile's. Less midbass, more on Sub. Quite safe treble.
- resolution is 2 levels behind my HZ Heart Mirror properly driven. Hopefully 10s hours later there will be some improvement..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back