The discovery thread!
Aug 12, 2021 at 7:28 AM Post #59,026 of 105,880
Tripowin x HawaiiBadBoy 'Mele' to drop on 20th August @ Linsoul. Price will be $49,90.

They just anounced it on their tweeter:
https://twitter.com/Linsoul_Audio/status/1425754686972329987?s=20

E8lMUV3VUAM1Z8L
Definitely looking forward to this set as well. Reminds me of the Pula 200. My guess is that they're the OEM for the set with tuning dictated by BGGAR. The fact that these will be retailing for less is curious, but certainly not a bad thing.

Aug 12, 2021 at 7:34 AM Post #59,027 of 105,880
Definitely looking forward to this set as well. Reminds me of the Pula 200. My guess is that they're the OEM for the set with tuning dictated by BGGAR. The fact that these will be retailing for less is curious, but certainly not a bad thing.

As far as HBB said:
  • The tuning, the driver and shell were chosen by him.
  • Faceplate was made by Peacock Audio by his request.
  • Cable/acessories, marketing and boxing were taken care by Tripowin(Linsoul).
  • Marketing and incoming giveaways by Linsoul.
I'm very curious since I'm looking for a single DD and this one might cover that for a while. It's a retuned version of the Blon-03 to what he thinks it should have been. I'm gonna grab a 03 as well since I've never heard it and it's cheap.

This might be a bargain, since it's tuned by a well-known reviewer for 50 bucks. Time will tell!

Aug 12, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #59,028 of 105,880
As far as HBB said:
I'm very curious since I'm looking for a single DD and this one might cover that for a while. It's a retuned version of the Blon-03 to what he thinks it should have been. I'm gonna grab a 03 as well since I've never heard it and it's cheap.

This might be a bargain, since it's tuned by a well-known reviewer for 50 bucks. Time will tell!
Yeah, if it follows his reference curve like he suggests, it definitely holds my interest. $50 is a good price for a very western-tuned IEM like that with such prominent attributions.

Aug 12, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #59,029 of 105,880
Aug 12, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #59,030 of 105,880
Tripowin x HawaiiBadBoy 'Mele' to drop on 20th August @ Linsoul. Price will be $49,90.

They just anounced it on their tweeter:

E8lMUV3VUAM1Z8L
I bought the BL03 and the Shuoer Tape partially based upon HBB's rec's and love them both, so I too am interested in how he'd tune an iem. (It looks great too I think).
It'll be interesting to see how the Mele stack up to other iem's in it's price range, as it has significant competition nowadays for sure.
The shell and faceplate look great.
The name is a great choice too, in Hawaian (song/chant/poem), Urdu (festival) and also for it's similarity to melee, which seems fitting for HBB.

I like HBB's review methodology. I just wish his music tastes/review tracks ventured into some more modern electronic stuff.
Im very familiar with the stuff he uses for benchmarking as I used to listen to loads of 'classic rock' years ago, and still do sometimes, but I'd like some more attention paid to how contemporary music, instumentation and production are handled by the iem's he reviews.
I know he uses hip hop too, but I think that modern electronic music (for example) exploits bass in more varied, and demanding ways than the parts of his library that he references in his reviews.

Regardless, I look forward to reading reviews.

Aug 12, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #59,031 of 105,880
As far as HBB said:

It's not a retuned Blon-03. He said in a YouTube comment that it is using a 10mm graphene dynamic driver.

Screenshot_20210812-090513.png

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #59,035 of 105,880

They just anounced it on their twitter:

E8lMUV3VUAM1Z8L
I recall he mentioned his target curve is close to Softears RSV, so if that tripowin(KZ affiliate) managed to get RSV curve, with those CNT drivers going around, like the one of HeartMirror’s, as a sub$50, it will be an interesting one.

It’s been a while I saw that European way of using , and . $49,90 👍

Aug 12, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #59,037 of 105,880
Sound quality is right up there for all the tunings. The sound is similar in quality CA andromeda products actually.

Probably the best IEMs for metal I have ever heard actually.

I thought "value was questionable on that one" (your own words), what changed since yesterday?

Aug 12, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #59,038 of 105,880
Well for one I just got them yesterday and I haven't gotten to know the sound fully quite yet but this morning after running them in all night with music. I put the grey reference plate back on and had a good 2 hour listening session with them listening to bunch of different types of music to see how it fairs.

Tunings are the same as I heard last night but I can tell the BAs are firing off at full capacity today. The stage of these earphones are spectacular. It is the widest stage for any NF audio earphones I have heard and their dynamic series is no joke when it comes to stage. I noticed the stage was wide on the sets last night but not quite like I heard them this morning.

Even last night I can tell the SQ was quite good. I still think the value would be been much better at a $500 price point more than what they are selling these for but the SQ is there. I can understand why they are charging the prices they are though. It has 3 distinctive tunings and not slight tweaks. It is the first time I can recollect someone pulling this off successfully. I think a lot of the price tag has to do with the amount of designing they had to do to pull this off.

The closest IEM I can think of that matches the reference plate sound is CA Andromedas. The bass end of these BAs they are using is surprising. The tuning is very good on these regardless of price.

Aug 12, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #59,039 of 105,880
Well for one I just got them yesterday and I haven't gotten to know the sound fully quite yet but this morning after running them in all night with music. I put the grey reference plate back on and had a good 2 hour listening session with them listening to bunch of different types of music to see how it fairs.

Tunings are the same as I heard last night but I can tell the BAs are firing off at full capacity today. The stage of these earphones are spectacular. It is the widest stage for any NF audio earphones I have heard and their dynamic series is no joke when it comes to stage. I noticed the stage was wide on the sets last night but not quite like I heard them this morning.

Even last night I can tell the SQ was quite good. I still think the value would be been much better at a $500 price point more than what they are selling these for but the SQ is there. I can understand why they are charging the prices they are though. It has 3 distinctive tunings and not slight tweaks. It is the first time I can recollect someone pulling this off successfully. I think a lot of the price tag has to do with the amount of designing they had to do to pull this off.

The closest IEM I can think of that matches the reference plate sound is CA Andromedas. The bass end of these BAs they are using is surprising. The tuning is very good on these regardless of price.
It's definitely a premium you pay for the development they put into the first iteration of that kind of niche crossover implementation. Hopefully subsequent revisions will drive the price down, assuming they don't start adding more drivers to maintain their pricing status quo. Honestly, I think it would be pretty interesting to have a set with that kind of crossover flexibility that featured a pair of the Sonion 38 series BA bass drivers, one of each of the configurations, since they have a very sub-bass heavy revision and one with a nearly reference flat bass response. It would be quite interesting to see them bypass one for the other based on their desired tuning.

Aug 12, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #59,040 of 105,880
Your right these might be the first generation of such designs. It has huge potential to bring something entirely new to our hobby and that is the reason why they are charging the prices as they are. Just like anything that is new and cutting edge.

I have a feeling someone in the industry will try to copy this design and bring out a much cheaper version. I bet NF audio is testing the waters with this. I can tell they must have been working on this one for a while. It isn't everyday your getting essentially 3 earphones in one. I can see them throwing out new faceplates eventually with even more tunings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back