The discovery thread!
Aug 8, 2021 at 8:04 AM Post #58,816 of 101,528
Oh, so it has ON-KE switches👍
Yes. The Ace is in a different league for vocals reproduction which comes as no surprise considering it cost 4500 USD.

Aug 8, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #58,817 of 101,528
Been wanting to find that IEM to fill that last slot in my favourite 4 IEMs. I guess it is completed now.

Top: Aroma Ace, Oriolus Traillii
Bottom: Fitear Titan, Dunu Luna

photo_2021-08-08_15-28-19.jpg

Here's another hypnotic photo. One that simply cannot take my eyes off of it, lol. Like gazing on sunrise or the setting sun...

Aug 8, 2021 at 8:44 AM Post #58,818 of 101,528
1628425464673.png

Ikko OH1s.

So this is the first ever Ikko for me. Never heard any of their previous offerings. The design of these things are interesting. The shells are very compact small in form. Triangular shaped. The Ikko OH1S is a hybrid using a single knowles BA and a 10mm carbon nanotube design.

Out of the box these have good clarity, fairly well balanced but these are guilty of having two clearly separate timbres so coherency is not the best I have heard from a hybrid. If you can tell blind folded the treble output is from a BA and the dynamic is doing the rest of the sound that equates to not the best coherency.

Treble tuning packs plenty sizzle and spark. Trebles is enhanced to give the sound presence and that clarity. The issue here is I think carbon nanotubes already has a good resolving ability and so the treble BA even with a less resolving dynamic would cast a brighter shadow for the tuning but with this particular combo warm is not how I would describe the sound tuning. But this again is out of the box. I am digging on the compact design and the comfort of these things. It comes with silicone tips that are oval shape. They are similar to the comfort silicones that come with Beyer dynamic xelentos. This particular shape will be a hit or miss depending on your inner ear shape for me I threw on a set of Final E tips and it fit my ears much better giving me a much better sound.

Unfortunately the masterclass of earphones in this price range I have been writing about before these so it might sound like I am not blown away by these but these are not bad but compared to the Aladdin there is a clear separation what level of earphones those are in comparison here. Will give these a good burn in and reevaluate.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #58,819 of 101,528
Here's another hypnotic photo. One that simply cannot take my eyes off of it, lol. Like gazing on sunrise or the setting sun...
Yea this is why I am confident of my audio gear recommendations as I have played until this level. I hope everyone can see discern who the wannabe users are, they keep recommending mediocre gears but I won't call them out now. It is simple that only by trying the best will one know what's really good sound.

@Dsnuts I concur. The OH1S is good but it is not "blown-away" standard. ikko has set the bar so high with the OH10.

Aug 8, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #58,820 of 101,528
I can see this particular design and tuning more favorable maybe several years back but man how quick our hobby advances. I ain't gonna lie the Aladdin is a good two tiers of earphone over these things. It don't have coherency or tonality issues. Treble don't sound forced. Tuning is a masterful no other earphone can touch their holographic imaging in the price range. Its sub bass is world class.

Not gonna give up on the OH1s. It does have some good detail going for it. Gonna throw it on the burn.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #58,821 of 101,528
Yea this is why I am confident of my audio gear recommendations as I have played until this level. I hope everyone can see discern who the wannabe users are, they keep recommending mediocre gears but I won't call them out now. It is simple that only by trying the best will one know what's really good sound.

@Dsnuts I concur. The OH1S is good but it is not "blown-away" standard. ikko has set the bar so high with the OH10.
It should not be necessary to denigrate other user opinions in order to elevate your own. There are no short cuts to credibility.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #58,822 of 101,528
It should not be necessary to denigrate other user opinions in order to elevate your own. There are no short cuts to credibility.
I agree and disagree at the same time. It is all about the exposure to audio gears. How can someone who has no exposure to flagship IEMs knows what's good sound? :)

Aug 8, 2021 at 10:25 AM Post #58,823 of 101,528
Yes. The Ace is in a different league for vocals reproduction which comes as no surprise considering it cost 4500 USD.
I concur, Aroma has better mids ever heard but I don’t own Aroma Totl… yet!
Maybe I’ll go with thunder when I’ll sell some IEMs ☺️

Aug 8, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #58,824 of 101,528
ikko has set the bar so high with the OH10.
OH-10 is a good deal right and CTU-01
Cable is the best cable for its price, ridiculous price!

Aug 8, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #58,825 of 101,528
I agree and disagree at the same time. It is all about the exposure to audio gears. How can someone who has no exposure to flagship IEMs knows what's good sound? :)
- go to concert, listen to live music
- play music instrument
- buy decent headphones
- go to audio exhibition or store for demo

Aug 8, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #58,826 of 101,528
I think @audio123 won’t denigrate anyone but Bro believe me, he listened everything and own many of IEMs he speaks about.
So I understood by my self that you can’t have a real idea about IEMs world until you play with cheap products.
Is it better have 50/60 cheap IEMs or 2 TOTL?
Maybe who but many many IEMs waisted more money.
Sometimes when I read fantastic things about cheap iem I’m tempted to pull the trigger, but I’m pretty sure that 100$ iem can beat 1000$ iem.

Aug 8, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #58,827 of 101,528
This, to me, is an attempt to establish an external standard which, on its face, is somewhat reasonable, and users are likely able to discern for themselves who has & hasn't been exposed, had access to totl items, etc.
Regardless, everyone plays/hears at their own level. Objectivity has real limits here.
This is a discussion forum. Folks are permitted to come across as ignorant or knowledgeable.
But, as a “reviewer,” to me it is poor form to repeatedly tout one’s bona fides and, moreover, use presumed credentials to disparage the basis for other, conflicting opinions, no matter how misguided those opinions may be. This approach can’t help but come across as insecure and, really, lacking the very authority it asserts.

Aug 8, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #58,828 of 101,528
This, to me, is an attempt to establish an external standard which, on its face, is somewhat reasonable, and users are likely able to discern for themselves who has & hasn't been exposed, had access to totl items, etc.
Regardless, everyone plays/hears at their own level. Objectivity has real limits here.
This is a discussion forum. Folks are permitted to come across as ignorant or knowledgeable.
But, as a “reviewer,” to me it is poor form to repeatedly tout one’s bona fides and, moreover, use presumed credentials to disparage the basis for other, conflicting opinions, no matter how misguided those opinions may be. This approach can’t help but come across as insecure and, really, lacking the very authority it asserts.
I am sure you are aware there are some reviewer wannabes in this thread who can't even afford a flagship IEM. They just want free samples to sell & money from Patreon. I am warning audiophiles to avoid them. :)

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #58,830 of 101,528

Users who are viewing this thread

Back