The discovery thread!
Jul 26, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #58,441 of 105,109
In all seriousness. You guys that got them please post on the GK10 thread cuz that is what it is for. I am certain there are readers on there that are deciding if they want to get on the train. Not that I am gonna kick you outta here but I am sure others here don't need to read more hype. They seen enough of that from me so adding fuel to the fire is not gonna help.

Not to tempt folks that haven't even thought about getting a break through earphone at $45 or something but I am sure these guys don't need to keep seeing folks gush about a $45 earphone.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2021 at 9:25 PM Post #58,442 of 105,109
The GK10 remind me a TON of the Sennheiser IE300, but without that annoying overblown bass. The highs are very similar. This is a very well tuned treble. I think that's the secret to these? It's the tuning. These are tuned like something that's in the $300 range and above, vs the stridency you see in earphones sub $50. Hell, in what you hear in earphones in the sub $100 range. The sound image is controlled, mature, and upscale. No wonder @Dsnuts, @audio123, and @activatorfly like these. These are better than the DQ6, IE100 pro, Dunu EST112, and the NX7 mk III. These play in a different level, and i'm pretty sure will become my favorite go to every day listen? Still early, and I haven't tried them out with metal yet, or on my Sony player, but that's coming, and so far so good. They are better than those mentioned OOTB. No doubt.

Jul 26, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #58,443 of 105,109
One last observation on the GK10 for a bit...I prefer silver cable to pure copper. The silver just adds a bit more resolution to the treble, while copper warms up the sound a bit too much for my liking. Bassheads and people who enjoy a thicker sound will want to use pure copper cable, but i'm sticking with the silver cable.

Jul 26, 2021 at 10:03 PM Post #58,444 of 105,109
For our Geekwold GK10 consumers here, how is the timbral accuracy on this set?

I've tried a few piezo driver sets before and almost all of them had some issues with the timbre at the frequencies handled by the piezo drivers. When compared to single DD sets that is.
I think it is mostly a physics issue as the piezos tend to be very airy and have fast transients, sometimes being so fast that the decay and naturalness of acoustic instruments is a bit unnatural. But the piezos bring more air and better technicalities to the table, so I guess there's pros and cons among the different driver types.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2021 at 11:14 PM Post #58,446 of 105,109
Not too much different from how they are implemented on the BQEYZ Spring 2 a bit smoother sounding actually. Spring 2 has a touch more upper treble emphasis but similar in tone and ability. They remind me of what EST drivers do. It is tuned really well and while upper treble notes sound a bit thinner but is clearly defined at the same time. It is resolving and airy, blended well with the lower treble. It is tuned masterfully especially after burn in.

There is a reason why these sound higher end than your average budget fi. They were tuned by a person that tunes much much higher end earphones. Let me put it that way. These almost sound like an experiment that went right. Lol. Worth getting a set if you ask current owners.

Jul 26, 2021 at 11:24 PM Post #58,447 of 105,109
For our Geekwold GK10 consumers here, how is the timbral accuracy on this set?

I've tried a few piezo driver sets before and almost all of them had some issues with the timbre at the frequencies handled by the piezo drivers. When compared to single DD sets that is.
I think it is mostly a physics issue as the piezos tend to be very airy and have fast transients, sometimes being so fast that the decay and naturalness of acoustic instruments is a bit unnatural. But the piezos bring more air and better technicalities to the table, so I guess there's pros and cons among the different driver types.
Quite simple utterly sublime...there's perceptibly no fast decay whatsoever! These piezos are next level: handle everything with no hint of splashy percussion etc...Brass, Strings, Piano, Guitar, Drums, Bass, are all incredibly well rendered. So much so that authenticity and timber are absolutely faultless, plus instrument layering & separation are seamlessly dealt with by GK's cross over circuitry magnificently......( I think you get the picture - I'm a huge fan.....)
It's a small "Wold" - until you try to paint it ! haha !!

Jul 26, 2021 at 11:28 PM Post #58,448 of 105,109
In all seriousness. You guys that got them please post on the GK10 thread cuz that is what it is for. I am certain there are readers on there that are deciding if they want to get on the train. Not that I am gonna kick you outta here but I am sure others here don't need to read more hype. They seen enough of that from me so adding fuel to the fire is not gonna help.

Not to tempt folks that haven't even thought about getting a break through earphone at $45 or something but I am sure these guys don't need to keep seeing folks gush about a $45 earphone.
Point taken - I'll try to redirect my enthusiasm via the GK10 thread in future,....Cheers Ds !

Jul 26, 2021 at 11:50 PM Post #58,449 of 105,109
The GK10 remind me a TON of the Sennheiser IE300, but without that annoying overblown bass. The highs are very similar. This is a very well tuned treble. I think that's the secret to these? It's the tuning. These are tuned like something that's in the $300 range and above, vs the stridency you see in earphones sub $50. Hell, in what you hear in earphones in the sub $100 range. The sound image is controlled, mature, and upscale. No wonder @Dsnuts, @audio123, and @activatorfly like these. These are better than the DQ6, IE100 pro, Dunu EST112, and the NX7 mk III. These play in a different level, and i'm pretty sure will become my favorite go to every day listen? Still early, and I haven't tried them out with metal yet, or on my Sony player, but that's coming, and so far so good. They are better than those mentioned OOTB. No doubt.
The GK10 is a must buy. Period.

Jul 27, 2021 at 12:17 AM Post #58,450 of 105,109
Any post burn-in Lofty compared to Believe impressions? I’m not really a fan of Believe tuning(too V) and interested in Lofty.
I received my Lofty’s yesterday, without burning them, I liked them more than the Believe, and they are easer to drive, I didn’t like the feel and comfort of the stock cable, so I am using them with a KBear Rhythm cable I had at hand.

The Lofty although heavy, feel very comfortable

Jul 27, 2021 at 1:19 AM Post #58,451 of 105,109
Yes. the highs are very reminiscent of EST highs. They sound like a cross between the MT300 and EST112 highs, while not as extended, the tonality and timbre are very similar, but with more air. Greater air and smoother more controlled response than the MT300 & EST112, but with slightly less resolution, but that might just be because they are a tad more reserved, but not rolled off.

Jul 27, 2021 at 1:20 AM Post #58,452 of 105,109
Some details about the Fiio FD3:
Flagship-level DLC diamond diaphragm
Front acoustic prism
Semi-open acoustic design
Interchangeable sound tubes
2.5D film coating glass faceplate
Quality swappable cable
If the graphs come out promising, I may have to invest in a set. I've been trying to find another set of similar size to my CCA CKX so I can sleep in them, but it's quite a challenge to find any that are both small and durable and don't sound cheap. The Rose Mini series was looking promising, but apparently they aren't particularly durable with their current shell design, so they immediately left my list after that. A real shame. Hopefully these are a better option and I certainly wouldn't mind adding a quality single DD to my collection.

Jul 27, 2021 at 1:28 AM Post #58,453 of 105,109
My opinion is that the GK10 are not giant killers, and aren't revelatory as far as overall sound go, but are definitely in contention for best under $100 earphone on the market. They very well might be the most refined under $100 earphone to ever exist that i've heard. THAT I'VE HEARD. Giant killers? no. A best of candidate? ABSOLUTELY. These are $300 earphones posing as $49 earphones. That's the best way I can put it, and they are all-arounders because they handle pretty much any genre you throw at them with aplomb. They handle heavy metal (black, thrash, death, and progressive as well as they do jazz, funk, r&b and hip hop) and other fast passage genres quite easily, while providing a measure of refinement I only find with my higher priced earphones (aka Senn IE800 and UETF10). Whoever tuned these is a tricky jack. I think he's trying to make money in a quantity over parts quality type move, and as DS mentioned, he succeeded. Ooops. Good for us. Good for him.

Jul 27, 2021 at 2:13 AM Post #58,454 of 105,109
The only thing overblown about the Geeks is the "Hype" haha!....In one fell swoop, imafo the Tens have fulfilled all those years of paying ones' dues...bigtime! The necessity to spend big bucks now has been reduced massively! After I'd collected 50+ earbuds, I became disillusioned with the hobby & realised that iems were where it was really at. I knew it would be an arduous trek - to try to seek out high-end gear, for a budget price. The GK10 for me have made the trajectory of that journey...completely worthwhile! I wholeheartedly agree with Ds & FreeWheelin - that these beauties go way beyond the signature of NX7 Mk3 & Apesonic Rain etc. Love is indeed in the "Air" :beerchug:

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2021 at 2:40 AM Post #58,455 of 105,109
The GK10's RED came in today. I've been listening OOTB. As of this moment? AIR AIR AIR! One of the airiest earphones I've ever heard. Very mature sounding for a cheapo. Side by side against the DQ6, they have similar detail retrieval, but the overall presentation is more "upscale" than the DQ6, and the bass is noticeably more punchy and present than the DQ6. Excellent timbre and extension without being sizzly or siblilant. More observations to come....but right out the gate? This is a $49.00 earphone that plays in the $300 arena. EASILY. Looking forward to burn in.
maybe a comparison with dunu est112 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back