The discovery thread!
Jul 21, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #58,126 of 99,914
Comparing ER4S against KBEAR Neon, both uses same single Knowles ED29689. ER4 uses impedance adapter, which is embedded with its cable, so I’m going to try to replace cables to see if KBEAR Neon with ER4 impedance cable could par.
EC08995B-2E3E-46A3-8F97-F24392E0B38E.jpeg5781243D-CC7E-4005-8598-898CF6823370.jpeg
1626894905552.png

Those IEMs are looking like massagers on those tiny hands LOL.

Jul 21, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #58,127 of 99,914

Those IEMs are looking like massagers on those tiny hands LOL.
:thinking::relieved::thumbsup: The IEM personalities are corresponding to their personal attributes too, ER4S(Cool & Analytical: Pink hair), Neon (Warm & Emotional: Blue hair)

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #58,129 of 99,914
So I took out the stock cable for the SG-01 to have a good listen. It was clearly evident to me just how much of a downgrade the stock cable is. To be fair it does have a mic included with the cable so I will give it props for being usable for conversations but for music.

Much like the included cable on the GK10 these cables are not the best for the SG-01. It clearly shows how capable the drivers and the sound tuning is with a proper cable. The included cables does absolutely no justice to the sound these things can make.

Sound becomes thinner and a bit more brighter, much less dynamic sounding makes the SG-01 sound like a decent budget offering but not what I am used to listening to with the included cable with the loftys. I found out NiceHCK sells the same cable in a brown color for $89. Which imo is overpriced should be sold at half that which if you dig around the XinHS site you will find an equivalent for much cheaper.

1626877896031.png

I am gonna test out a few others but I suppose you can't expect an optimized cable for the SG-01 when they are sold at half the price of this cable for the entire package.
Can you recommend a good "budget" cable for the GK10 ( not the penon totem please :) )

Jul 21, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #58,130 of 99,914
Ya will do some testing on both the GK10 and the SG-01. Last thing these guys are gonna do is throw in a cable worth more than the earphones so you can't expect anything premium as an included cable for sub $50 earphones. I have been using this one on the GK10

1626899146484.png

I like Silver plated cables for the GK10 and better copper cables for the SG01

So this cable breaks my own rule about not using a cable that cost more than the earphones but in this case. This particular cable is a good deal sold on XinHS site Aka white crane sold on NiceHCK site for double the price. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....store_pc_groupList.8148356.50.718a4cbbHtR6ru

The included GK10 cable is an SPC type cable and is not bad you will certainly hear what they are about using them. I would get them first and use what you got on hand and go from there.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #58,131 of 99,914
IMG_20210721_132702_GC6.1_gamma1.8.jpgIMG_20210721_184805_GC6.1_gamma1.8.jpgIMG_20210721_132726_GC6.1_gamma1.8.jpgIMG_20210721_184837_GC6.1_gamma1.8.jpg
Headphones ThieAudio Legacy 2 arrived. They look better than they sound, average bass quality, subtle high frequencies and shifted mids, average detail. the membrane does not stick when inserted into the ear. The camera for the speaker is made on a 3D printer, there are compensation holes in the amount of 2 pcs for each earphone
I would probably say something similar if I was coming from higher priced gear. Maybe the Aria are much better though and some cheaper stuff could be too. (I have a lot incoming in the mail)

So much of how we qualify audio gear comes from whatever context we are coming from.

Jul 21, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #58,132 of 99,914
super safe shipping pack from Aroma 😜

4D12A245-DA91-4AB4-BA57-370C005E7B4C.jpeg

Jul 21, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #58,134 of 99,914
I like that name witch girl. Sooo edgy. That packaging vacuum sealed? Am I seeing that correct?
1626902327898.png

I thought the same but for Italian Ham of Parma or San Daniele🤣

Jul 21, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #58,135 of 99,914
The "Witch Girl" series has been running for five years. In response to changes and market needs, we (AROMA Audio) have decided to discontinue production of Witch Girl Pro (also known as Witch Girl W6) and launch the second generation of Witch Girl Pro "Witch Girl W6.2".

Witch Girl W6.2 is the second generation based on Witch Girl Pro. It still uses the same unit design as the Pro, 4xBA units and 2xDD 8mm units on each side.

Both units of Witch Girl W6.2 use the latest version drivers and the experience accumulated by AROMA Audio over the past five years has been applied to Witch Girl W6.2, making this "little witch" transformed and even more "mature".

This time Witch Girl W6.2 uses a 3-way 4-tube crossover design.

Compared with the previous generation of 3-tube design, the sound level will be richer and more delicate, whether it is a tri-band connection, the sound will be more fluid.

In terms of sound, thanks to the AI 2 DD and the newly adopted BAs, the sonic potential of Witch Girl W6.2 has been strengthened once again.

Faced with the challenges posed by the progress of the new drivers, we have combined the experience of recent years and Play here; while the high frequency extension becomes more beautiful, the low frequencies dive deeper and the sense of strength is strengthened, the density of the mid frequencies is also strengthened to prevent the overall sound from being uncoordinated, and the double DD gives excellent air and a wide sound field, but they are all designed to make users feel natural sound.

In terms of the casing, the design is still almost similar to the first generation, because we believe that the previous design has actually avoided fatigue caused by long-term wear.The difference from the first generation is the interior.
the serial number begins with "W6.2 -XXXXXX".

The little witch's musical party is still going on.

General specifications

Headphone drivers: 6 units for side (2BA for highs, 2BA for mids and 2DD 8mm for bass)
4-pipe, 3-way CROSSOVER

Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz

Sensitivity: 110dB @ 1kHz

Impedance: 10 Ω
0B6E2A75-57C1-4A53-B117-0EE918451CE5.jpeg
1BA43760-ED90-49BE-B4F7-79E7B2AE4694.jpeg
8001AB85-2A73-4D90-BC5D-C4AD62D5CF3E.jpeg

Jul 21, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #58,136 of 99,914
Unboxing Aroma Audio Witch Girl W6.2

8E86F80A-BA86-4FF1-B220-C1BD6CA6BAAA.jpeg
B2B99B0F-922A-448A-8007-E12D3F0C2563.jpeg
2558F506-54F5-497B-B438-37EB0506E9EB.jpeg
F8EDC928-8F17-43D5-8DA2-648788A897C6.jpeg
5486DD9C-53B8-4D8F-B38D-EDC11E6C1297.jpeg

Jul 21, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #58,137 of 99,914
E11AE129-F60D-488F-90F5-A456797A23B1.jpeg

Jul 21, 2021 at 11:45 PM Post #58,138 of 99,914
it's okay, I understand it,
so Aria have a better timbe, treble extension and more coherent,

can you test it with some metal songs?
with a lot of instruments playing,

thank you, 🙏

Hey man, I know this isn't really what you asked for but I'm also a metal enthusiast and as it happens have these songs in my playlist. Good songs 👍

Plague Years - Evil One
Moondrop B2 Dusk:
- Too warm for this song so instruments blend together in general
- Cymbals mush together
- Handles the bass and vocals fine

Thieaudio Monarch (with EQ):
- Handles everything fine

Catastrophist - Trivium
Moondrop B2 Dusk:
- Cymbals mush together or just get lost (see 1:39)
- Not fast enough to handle the quick kicks in the bass. Turns to mush. (see 3:08)
- Handles the guitars and vocals fine

Ten Thousand Crows - The Lovers
Moondrop B2 Dusk:
- Again, cymbals mush together or just get lost
- Again, not fast enough to handle the quick kicks in the bass

So I'm sure you can see a pattern here which is why I can't recommend a tribrid enough for metal music unless you don't listen for the cymbal hits...
When I receive the Geek Wold I'll be listening to see how it does with the busy cymbals but, similarly, won't expect it to be able to keep up with the kicks.
You've already got some great picks but here's some other metal recommendations on evaluating IEMs:

Orpheus Omega - In Time for the busy cymbals and drums (just insane drum work in general:
Orbit Culture - The Shadowing for the busy instruments
Even the Monarch can't deal with those two songs which makes me sad but realize how much potential is left for IEMs in the future.

Jul 22, 2021 at 12:39 AM Post #58,139 of 99,914
Hey man, I know this isn't really what you asked for but I'm also a metal enthusiast and as it happens have these songs in my playlist. Good songs 👍

Plague Years - Evil One
Moondrop B2 Dusk:
- Too warm for this song so instruments blend together in general
- Cymbals mush together
- Handles the bass and vocals fine

Catastrophist - Trivium
Moondrop B2 Dusk:
- Cymbals mush together or just get lost (see 1:39)
- Not fast enough to handle the quick kicks in the bass. Turns to mush. (see 3:08)

Ten Thousand Crows - The Lovers
Moondrop B2 Dusk:
- Again, cymbals mush together or just get lost
- Again, not fast enough to handle the quick kicks in the bass

So I'm sure you can see a pattern here which is why I can't recommend a tribrid enough for metal music unless you don't listen for the cymbal hits...
When I receive the Geek Wold I'll be listening to see how it does with the busy cymbals but, similarly, won't expect it to be able to keep up with the kicks.
You've already got some great picks but here's some other metal recommendations on evaluating IEMs:

Orpheus Omega - In Time for the busy cymbals and drums (just insane drum work in general:
Orbit Culture - The Shadowing for the busy instruments
Even the Monarch can't deal with those two songs which makes me sad but realize how much potential is left for IEMs in the future.

Wow, 😍

Thank you so much,
yes, I also think treble separation is very important in metal,
the Gen 2 sonion EST should be better.

the down side of most EST is they sure offer the details but it lacks the bite/weight of the initial/start of the cymbal hits,
it doesn't feels real,
BA offer more tactile feeling with every hits,
but often with a harsher sound,

Example for a proper realistic tactile treble would be the Dunu SA6,

I love to hear an EST speed with a tactile feeling of a BA,

oh, and I read somewhere, piezzo should have a proper speed and note weight,

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2021 at 1:18 AM Post #58,140 of 99,914
DSC08359.JPG
These folks make some good looking shells. Reecho Spring and Summer.

Spring the green shells are using a single BA for trebles and an 8mm dual dynamic for mids and bass.

Summer the blue shells uses a dual 8 mm dynamic for the sound. Both units cost $129 a piece. Both come with some outstanding accessories in the box.

As per sound I just started to listen to the Spring. One thing is for certain. These folks deserve a following. Their earphones all of them have solid value. I haven't heard one yet that I thought was just average or an outright fail. I have been listening to their SG-01 all week and writing some notes about them. Next to the GK10 the SG-01 really is a superior budget offering especially with a better cable. I am thinking they will have a SG-02 out soon. Just a guess since thy have an SG-01 and the SG-03. Both using metal housing single dynamic designs. I am gonna assume there will be a SG-02. Why would they skip on number 2 but then again they came out with the SG-03 before the SG-01?

In any case both units exhibit good technical chops exhibiting good clarity and detail. Summer has a bit more in the way of bass chops and sound more like a mild U shaped sound signature while the Spring is nicely balanced signature is a bit more monitor like in presentation and more closer to a neutral type tuning. So if these guys made the Spring and Summer I am gonna assume they will come out with the other two seasons. Fall and winter. Great idea on themes for earphones. Summer exhibiting some bass warmth a nice spacious sound. Spring exhibiting great detail for trebles with a more neutralish presentation.

Will give both these a good run in and see where they go. So far so good. I am late to get these two but one thing for certain Reecho need some recognition for their earphones and they clearly show value for their craft and make some nice sounding stuff and not that expensive either.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back