The discovery thread!
May 23, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #56,716 of 100,250
Just ordered the XINHS HIFI Audio Store pure silver, pure copper cable MMCX 4.4mm. I'm going to use it with the BGVP NS9, which I find a really top notch IEM. Some write good reviews, some write poor reviews. My set are exceptionally good, and are my go to set along with the LZ A7. I hope the cable even makes it better to my ears than the good stock cable.

Last edited:
May 23, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #56,717 of 100,250
Hey guys,
I would like to share my first impression on the Aria. Firstly, I am not even a fan of the Starfiled, I find out it is lack of cohesiveness, and also too mids focus for my taste, straight into the point, the Aria is better than starfiled in any aspect IMO.

The bass is more controlled and engaging than starfiend, with slightly more mid bass allow it to produced touch a warmth in the midrange, which make it more pleasing to listen to. The treble don’t have much different, probably a little more laid back on Aria. The soundstage is wider and also slightly deeper on Aria. In my opinion this is the best Moondrop IEMs single DD I ever tried, a part from illumination, haven’t heard it yet.

68CF8515-746A-41C4-9DCB-2BCCFFA5A91F.jpeg

Last edited:
May 24, 2021 at 8:35 AM Post #56,718 of 100,250
Looks like the qdc cable that comes with the VX.
Indeed, I may try that cable if PWA’s copper28 v2(music sanctuary just contacted me the product is discontinued so they will ship Satin Audio’s similar product) Satin Audio’s copper cable doesn’t fit VX for balanced.

6D3E6CB0-3ACF-4DF3-8EA5-B87660295318.jpeg

For headfiers
MTM Audio still has regular 2pin and MMCX model stock, I ordered 2pin from them, qdc finish from Music Sanctuary. If interested, that will be last 2pin/MMCX stocks.

https://www.mtmtaudio.com/products/...one-upgrade-cable?_pos=2&_sid=c9780cc70&_ss=r

Last edited:
May 24, 2021 at 8:44 AM Post #56,719 of 100,250
Hey guys,
I would like to share my first impression on the Aria. Firstly, I am not even a fan of the Starfiled, I find out it is lack of cohesiveness, and also too mids focus for my taste, straight into the point, the Aria is better than starfiled in any aspect IMO.

The bass is more controlled and engaging than starfiend, with slightly more mid bass allow it to produced touch a warmth in the midrange, which make it more pleasing to listen to. The treble don’t have much different, probably a little more laid back on Aria. The soundstage is wider and also slightly deeper on Aria. In my opinion this is the best Moondrop IEMs single DD I ever tried, a part from illumination, haven’t heard it yet.

I highly suggest try this, and replace stock cable, I spent 150 hours to find the source of incoherency of Aria, as one of first pre-order guy, I’m pretty sure I payed with Aria the most.

7BE6EC3F-F77E-479F-A271-E267AAE3D5EA.jpeg
CC65146A-E255-4BA2-8FEF-C44460FA9796.jpeg
D2930E40-18BB-45EC-808A-FB46BE53F6B3.jpeg

with Stock cable & stock dumper filter (outer hex shape iron filter) attached, Aria fails to 70/100 B-. Which KB EAR Larks$26 scores higher. With that stock cable changed and filter removed (&with 100 hours of manufacturer guided burn-in; many users reported noticeable change) 81/100 A-. It is a fist A- IEM for sub $100 which surpasses its higher grade siblings Starfield $129 75/100 B, and KXXS $179 78/100 B+.

A grade is very high as I only put blessing2, Recabled Mangird Tea(again this sounds very poor like Aria with stock cable), TRI Starsea, KBEar Believe in the same class.

Last edited:
May 24, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #56,720 of 100,250
Hey guys,

I love Aria as well, it really great IEM for $80.
20210524_085144.jpg
As for this 100 hours "burn in" - I have a hard time getting it as a consumer.
If it is crucial - then manufacturers should do it in controlled setting; it can also greatly help with the quality control, unit variations, etc.

My Aria sounded good right from the package (minus unusable to me tips and plugging a balanced cable).
Indeed very noticeable changes in the first 3-5 hours, and not sure how much changes after...

If "100 hours" is an added clause to say or "you did not burn it for X hours", so you need to listen more before you can tell for sure - it does not sound right to me....

It reminds me each time that I have Fiio F5 (if someone remembers), I did not find F5 any exciting and did not listen to it more than 10-20 minutes for the last three years. Perhaps, I should "thoroughly burn it" and enjoy - after all it was highly rated by the reviewers back then, those experienced reviewers :)

Last edited:
May 24, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #56,721 of 100,250
So I was in a shopping mood, and went around trying to check as many pairs as shops here allowed. Here are some of them:

Sennheiser IE 300
  • Pros: surprising better build than IE 400 Pro, sounds cleaner, clearer and slightly more extended. Much better bass.
  • Cons: mid is a bit thin
Moondrop Blessing 2
  • Pros: very agreeable tonality, very good mid details, more versatile than IE 300
  • Cons: bass is too soft, and treble could do with more extension
SeeAudio Yume
  • Pros: sounds like Blessing 2, maybe a bit fuller
  • Cons: Slightly less clarity than Blessing 2, but with a lower price to match
Moondrop Aria
  • Pros: smooth
  • Cons: boring and soft
Fiio FD5
  • Pros: decent technical abilities, very good build
  • Cons: boring, and bass was not tactile
Whizzer HE-01
  • Pros: much better clarity than any other Whizzer (and I have auditioned most of them), certainly a looker
  • Cons: still boring, but less than Aria
TRN TA1
  • Pros: inoffensive tonality, decent technical abilities
  • Cons: ordinary sound, nothing memorable

Tanchjim Tanya
  • Pros: surprising technical abilities given the price, wide soundstage despite the small drivers, Harman-inspired but is better than Sony MH755, Tanchjim Cora and dare I say Aria
  • Con: some midbass bleed, soft sound but not as soft as Aria
Stax SRS-002 mk2
  • Pros: smoothest sound I ever heard, very fast drivers with excellent details, with open-back headphone soundstage
  • Cons: not Harman so the tonality is less exciting (flat bass)
Skullcandy Dime
  • Pros: very good Harman-ish tonality
  • Cons: volume level is a bit limited
CCA CC1
  • Pros: looks good
  • Cons: still unmistakably KZ sound (piercing treble)
The shops also had Sennheiser IE 100 Pro, Dunu SA6, Dunu EST112, Moondrop S8, Thieaudio Excalibur and Thieaudio Monarch, all of which were 'sealed' so I could not try.

At the end of the day, I took home the SRS-002 mk2, Tanya, and backordered Shure KSE1200. Can't get the electrostatic sound out of my head.

Last edited:
May 24, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #56,722 of 100,250
So I was in a shopping mood, and went around trying to check as many pairs as shops here allowed. Here are some of them:

Sennheiser IE 300
  • Pros: surprising better build than IE 400 Pro, sounds cleaner, clearer and slightly more extended. Much better bass.
Moondrop Blessing 2
  • Pros: very agreeable tonality, very good mid details, more versatile than IE 300
SeeAudio Yume
Moondrop Aria
Fiio FD5
Whizzer HE-01
  • Pros: much better clarity than any other Whizzer (and I have auditioned most of them), certainly a looker
TRN TA1

Tanchjim Tanya
  • Pros: surprising technical abilities given the price, wide soundstage despite the small drivers, Harman-inspired but is better than Sony MH755, Tanchjim Cora and dare I say Aria
Stax SRS-002 mk2
  • Pros: smoothest sound I ever heard, very fast drivers with excellent details, with open-back headphone soundstage
Skullcandy Dime
CCA CC1
The shops also had Sennheiser IE 100 Pro, Dunu SA6, Dunu EST112, Moondrop S8, Thieaudio Excalibur and Thieaudio Monarch, all of which were 'sealed' so I could not try.

At the end of the day, I took home the SRS-002 mk2, Tanya, and backordered Shure KSE1200. Can't get the electrostatic sound out of my head.
Good to hear Tanya is something worth attention. I feel same for blessing2, the pros for midrange, cons for boring bass&treble. Well, Yume is two grade down compared to blessing2 in terms of technicalities , it’s more than slight, I’d refer significant downgrade though. I own both and listened both extensively. yume tonality 85/100, technicality 65/100.

If you like blessing2’s softear-MID BA tonality, they will release 2EST+2 Softears MID+LCP Bass(Aria’s) next month.

Last edited:
May 24, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #56,723 of 100,250
May 24, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #56,724 of 100,250
May 24, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #56,725 of 100,250
I would regard it as not a good thing to have to release a new tuning for T5 and P2+ so soon after their original release. Perhaps reviews for these 2 Tin products weren't the best from what I've seen. But at least they didn't do a stealth retune without informing consumers, that is a greater bugbear in my book.
...has it even been a month since the T5 came out though? :joy:

May 24, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #56,726 of 100,250
May 24, 2021 at 8:26 PM Post #56,727 of 100,250
May 24, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #56,728 of 100,250
CB5185A3-5A30-41D9-83B3-22AFE51CD120.jpeg
3091DA88-4422-4137-8937-C08D7B7EEAF2.jpeg
0041CE1E-0522-43BD-8FD9-E8F67F5D2CF1.jpeg
F899CCFE-9011-47DA-A92E-742D4012E435.jpeg

Tansio Mirai Spark has arrived and it sounds amazing. Crystal clear and reference like sound signature. It is picking up a very slight EMI noise from the 9038S but not really audible when music is playing. Timbre is quite shockingly good. I would guesstimate it is near the 3DT level which is awesome considering the Spark has 4xEST + 7BA configuration. More to come..

May 24, 2021 at 11:37 PM Post #56,729 of 100,250

I was listening to the IER-Z1R before Spark arrived today. The mellow violin sound of the Z1R that I had heard before was strongly engraved in my ears, so I first listened to Shostakovich and Vivaldi’s Violin Concerto with Spark. The former is played by Ibragimova and the latter by Biondi, and the tune and tone are contrasting.

In conclusion, Spark faithfully reproduces the characteristics of each player's performance and timbre. The sound of Ibragimova is not only sharp and high in tension, but it is also convincing for the awesome sound that squeezes out. On the other hand, Biondi’s solo is bright and mellow, and the contrast between the wetness of the bass and the brilliance of the mid-high range is vivid. Even if the 4 low frequency BAs are stacked one above the other, the movement of the low-pitched musical instrument is responsive, and there is no overhang in the PRaT of the fast-paced movement.

Tansio Mirai’s earphones have a reputation for bringing out the expression of the music in a particularly vivid and bright manner and it continues the trend with the spark here.

When listening to the 4th movement from “Shostakovich: Symphony No. 11” conducted by Stokowsky, the large number of instruments that fill the stage is visualized, and a massive and dynamic swing rushes in and out. Even if the sense of volume increases, the sense of resolution and speed are similarly scaled up, and the sense of stability of stereo imaging is also exceptional. Even if a percussion instrument or a low string strikes a ferocious fortissimo, the sound image does not blur, and the entire orchestra synchronizes to create a strong rhythm.

There is no doubt at all that classical music is the most demanding style of music to play for the earphones. The massive soundstage, the high number of instruments and the great dynamism of an entire orchestra make it a difficult task. Maintaining control in both loud and quiet passages is one thing, to be able to convey every little musical detail at the same time is something that is only reserved for the very best and most well tuned earphones.

Few if any earphones succeed in recreating the feeling of a concert hall in reality for me. However, Tansio Mirai’s new reference IEM is worthy of its name “Spark” and comes closer than any other I have heard.

Will be reviewing this set for sure.

Cable used: Penon PAC480
Eartips used: JVC Spiral dots
Earphones setup: 020

Last edited:
May 25, 2021 at 2:42 AM Post #56,730 of 100,250

Sennheiser IE 300
Moondrop Blessing 2
SeeAudio Yume
Moondrop Aria
Fiio FD5
Whizzer HE-01
TRN TA1

Tanchjim Tanya
Stax SRS-002 mk2
Skullcandy Dime
CCA CC1

Congratulation on your newly acquired Stax... electrostatic sound once heard is difficult to unheard... :wink:
To me, the sense of effortless sound coming through STAX is what differentiate them with others...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back