The discovery thread!
Apr 10, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #55,891 of 103,133
KZ EDX fans! :trophy::smile:

So, who ever has the EDX already at home, just swap the copper cable for "silver cables" and let the magic begin! Very hard to beat at its price point and then some! The latter will bring you excellent balance and clarity throughout the whole range with plenty of detail from lower bass to excellent highs! Not the muddy sound it brings from the copper cables. So, in this situation silver cables work best for the EDX. Just stick with silver cables instead. They are truly a winner at its price point!

-Clear
I second this. This reflects my own experience.

Apr 10, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #55,893 of 103,133
I use the default cable, they are not muddy at all. :)
Good to know!...Glad it worked for you. :blush::thumbsup:

No worries, this is a just a suggestion for those who had experienced this situation, like many in head-fi that complained about the muddy or congested busy songs or faster tracks.

-Clear

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2021 at 1:26 AM Post #55,894 of 103,133
I second this. This reflects my own experience.
Great! :beerchug:

These are so crazy cheap here in China at 35 yuan (around $5 US dollars) that I decided to pick up all five colors -porcelain white, grey, see-through black, piano black, and clear! The silver cables did it for me only at 40 yuan (around $6 US dollars). Priceless "cheapest" budget king that can take down many GIANTS in sound alone, IMHO!

KZ EDX Favorite Five.jpgO1CN01Z2QUP31KApgtNgmNU_!!3011501124(2).jpg

To all those that have the EDX, try mounting SILVER cables!☝️...You won't regret it!

-Clear

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2021 at 3:06 AM Post #55,895 of 103,133
received from the seller with Aliexpress Light Harmonic Mera. the speaker, as I think, is not at all original, and sound...not for 100$

Attachments

• IMG_20210411_123530_GC6.1_gamma1.8.jpg
    IMG_20210411_123530_GC6.1_gamma1.8.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210411_123548_GC6.1_gamma1.8.jpg
    IMG_20210411_123548_GC6.1_gamma1.8.jpg
    618.1 KB · Views: 0
Apr 11, 2021 at 4:21 AM Post #55,896 of 103,133
I'm really looking forward to checking the FH3s out in comparison to the Tin T2+ I have at home, especially since many frequent posters here have recommended I try these given my musical taste. I'll post impressions once I've had some time with them :)
Wow am I glad I never auditioned the FH3s earlier. I'm a big believer in never checking out gear I can't yet afford :joy:
These totally blow away my T2+ and Blon 03s. It's not even close, but I suppose that isn't surprising given the $100 premium the FH3 commands over those sets.

Bass: Incredibly tight and articulate. Just the right quantity for me. It feels like a really high quality subwoofer - not flabby, just the right balance to effortlessly engage you with the driving bassline of your music. As I've only really got the Bl03s and the T2+ to compare with, I find the FH3s to be the best of both worlds - very fast response, like the T2+, but perhaps a touch slower. Enough sub and mid bass, comparable to the Blons in quantity, but without muddying up the midrange one bit. At least, not that I'll find out about until I can afford to :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I'm seriously impressed with the bass response on these. Even at lower volumes, they sound engaging and smile inducing.

Mids and Highs: This is where I'm completely blown away. Having never heard a multi driver set previously, my first impression with the FH3s was just "Wow, these are super clear. Like really clear!". Going back and forth between this and my other sets, I can now perceive what I can only refer to as "congestion" on the other 2 sets. In the busier parts of tracks (which is basically nearly the full length of most of the tracks in my music library!), the other sets seem to "mute" certain details. The result is basically a loss of perceived energy in the music. Logically, I'd attribute this step up in clarity to the multi driver setup in the FH3, whereas the others are single driver sets. That said, I can't say I've heard any higher tier single DD sets, so I won't make any generalisations just yet. But holy cow, I feel I can now hear stuff in my music I've never heard before! I mean, yeah, it was probably all still there if I listened closely enough, but now it just seems effortless to pick out every detail in each layer of the tracks.

I have been using a new source for my desktop setup, which has also been somewhat of a "revelation", so I can't dismiss the possibility that there is some sort of placebo effect adding to my overall experience. I'm using the headphone out on a Motu M2 professional audio interface. I'm playing full quality wav or aiff files through a windows PC, and sometimes via an iPad (since the Motu is USB-C powered, it's super easy to swap it between sources). But when I try the FH3 out on my trusty Qudelix 5k (unbalanced, for now), I'm still experiencing that dramatic leap in clarity and quality vs the Blons and T2+. I sure feel like I struck gold with this purchase. It's got me hearing all my music in a totally new light, and I can't have asked for more than that from an upgrade! I can see why there was a general consensus about the FH3's bang for buck.

Random musings: Best fitting iems I've ever tried just using the stock standard tips which came already attached to the iems. I haven't bothered to tip roll with any of the other options as of yet, but suffice it to say, there's enough there to play around with to get the ultimate seal for your ears. Far better isolation than the T2+, and slightly better than the Blons too. I got a great seal on the Blons with some Sony hybrid tips. With this set I've found that I can't go beyond a certain volume for very long, but to be fair, I found that with the T2+ as well. I believe I'm sensitive to highs, but that said, I don't find either the FH3 or the T2+ to be too sharp/bright for my taste. On the contrary, with the newfound combo of better detail retrieval, bass quantity and improved isolation, I'm getting an excellent experience at lower volumes, and my ears are thanking me for it :L3000:

Apr 11, 2021 at 5:13 AM Post #55,897 of 103,133
Screenshot_20210411_101214_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg

Has anyone tried these, oppinions? Found only one review here on the forums. I really like the looks of these :)

Apr 11, 2021 at 6:32 AM Post #55,898 of 103,133

Has anyone tried these, oppinions? Found only one review here on the forums. I really like the looks of these :)

I ordered a pair last week. :)

Apr 11, 2021 at 6:46 AM Post #55,899 of 103,133
Apr 11, 2021 at 6:56 AM Post #55,900 of 103,133
KZ EDX fans! :trophy::smile:

So, who ever has the EDX already at home, just swap the copper cable for "silver cables" and let the magic begin! Very hard to beat at its price point and then some! The latter will bring you excellent balance and clarity throughout the whole range with plenty of detail from lower bass to excellent highs! Not the muddy sound it brings from the copper cables. So, in this situation silver cables work best for the EDX. Just stick with silver cables instead. They are truly a winner at its price point!

-Clear
Seeing this.. i just realised that I've never listened to the EDX with the included copper cable. I just used it with the silver cable from the ZST X because it was more convenient. I didn't keep it and ended up giving it away to a friend since I have other gear I enjoy more, but I thought it was pretty great value for money considering that everything sounded decent and nothing really sounded too off or weird to me, which isn't something you can always say for earphones this cheap. :joy: Now waiting for the TRN MT1 I ordered.

Apr 11, 2021 at 7:31 AM Post #55,901 of 103,133
Great! :beerchug:

These are so crazy cheap here in China at 35 yuan (around $5 US dollars) that I decided to pick up all five colors -porcelain white, grey, see-through black, piano black, and clear! The silver cables did it for me only at 40 yuan (around $6 US dollars). Priceless "cheapest" budget king that can take down many GIANTS in sound alone, IMHO!

KZ EDX Favorite Five.jpgO1CN01Z2QUP31KApgtNgmNU_!!3011501124(2).jpg

To all those that have the EDX, try mounting SILVER cables!☝️...You won't regret it!

-Clear
Clear.., you mean silver plated copper, right? Cause $6 won't buy a real silver cable...

Apr 11, 2021 at 7:51 AM Post #55,902 of 103,133
a comparison would be nice,
KZ EDX vs TRN MT1 vs QKZ Vk4,

Apr 11, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #55,903 of 103,133
a comparison would be nice,
KZ EDX vs TRN MT1 vs QKZ Vk4,
I can do VK4 vs. EDX all in stock:

- VK4 more organic. Edx more technical.
- Build is about the same but EDX has a "better" cable and tips.
- VK4 mid-bass focused and boomy. EDX is about the same, less warm and tighter.
- Midrange is no competition. VK4 more pleasant in ear. Upper midrange is harsh in EDX.
- VK4 treble is rolled-off and splashy. EDX treble is peaky and piercing but is more controlled.

I've done reviews for both so do check them out.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #55,904 of 103,133
Apr 11, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #55,905 of 103,133
Here is a review of Ikko OH10, written by me.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ikko-oh10.23876/review/25667/

Let me know how you find it @RikudouGoku
I will continue with my review next weekend and hopefully be done then.

Right now I think it is an iem that I can recommend to bassheads. Not so much for everyone else. Since even I find the sub-bass (rumble) to be a too much...
Slightly below average technicalities for the price it is at, except the soundstage which I do find to be holographic due to big width and depth.

I think the FH3 is a safer rec though, slightly better technicalities (except soundstage) and a much cleaner sound overall that is also less fatiguing (that rumble and the super heavy weight are pretty big dealbreaker for comfort, as I can only use it for an hour). Although the coherency and timbre are very impressive on the OH10, very Sony-like actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back