The discovery thread!
Aug 27, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #49,471 of 106,829
I'm awaiting delivery of an R6 pro - so it's advisable not to use it plugged in?...it never affected my Sony ZX battery - still provides a solid 30 hours!
Yeah, something isn't right using it plugged in all the time. Granted I have many many many many hours on the R6 pro, but I basically have to use it plugged into something at this point. $10 power brick works just fine for mobile use.

Aug 27, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #49,472 of 106,829
Aug 27, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #49,473 of 106,829
Last time I tried to order this from Amazon.jp, it seems the listing was removed. I assumed Final discontinued it or something.

I was planning on just making my own tool...

MTMTaudio (Hong Kong) sell these and lots of accessories and tips. Fast delivery.

Aug 27, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #49,474 of 106,829
Yeah, something isn't right using it plugged in all the time. Granted I have many many many many hours on the R6 pro, but I basically have to use it plugged into something at this point. $10 power brick works just fine for mobile use.
Ok thanks for the advice! - I've probably the same usage from my Sony - think I'll be a bit more careful with the Hiby. I've got a $50 power brick as back up also. How would you describe the R6 pro treble & stage? I'm also looking forward to pairing it with Trio & tweaking the MSEB.

Aug 27, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #49,475 of 106,829
Ok thanks for the advice! - I've probably the same usage from my Sony - think I'll be a bit more careful with the Hiby. I've got a $50 power brick as back up also. How would you describe the R6 pro treble & stage? I'm also looking forward to pairing it with Trio & tweaking the MSEB.
Stock tuning with MSEB, plugins and EQ off? It's neutral to warmish with good staging.

I have my gripes about the device. Battery, hiby "support", interference issues, but the sound is very very good and MSEB and the plugins make it truly special and competitive with anything out there. If you're not utilizing MSEB, I would say it's like not using the focus knob on a microscope.

I have zero interest in an "upgrade" after trying some "upgrades". Maybe next gen DACs/Thx amps could pursuade me but the likes of the ak4497, or ess9038 players won't be able to dislodge the R6 Pro for me.

MSEB is magical.

Aug 27, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #49,476 of 106,829
Stock tuning with MSEB, plugins and EQ off? It's neutral to warmish with good staging.

I have my gripes about the device. Battery, hiby "support", interference issues, but the sound is very very good and MSEB and the plugins make it truly special and competitive with anything out there. If you're not utilizing MSEB, I would say it's like not using the focus knob on a microscope.

I have zero interest in an "upgrade" after trying some "upgrades". Maybe next gen DACs/Thx amps could pursuade me but the likes of the ak4497, or ess9038 players won't be able to dislodge the R6 Pro for me.

MSEB is magical.
Sweet!...looking forward to the delivery even more now....cheers!

Aug 27, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #49,478 of 106,829
Where you get that for that price?
I got mine from NiceHCK, but it looks like they are out of stock right now...not sure if that’s temporary or not. VS Audio also had them on sale but I can’t find them listed any more, and no one else is discounting as deeply. :slight_frown:

Edit: fwiw the Kxxs uses whats almost certainly the same a similar driver and has almost identical (like 99% similar) tuning.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #49,479 of 106,829
I got mine from NiceHCK, but it looks like they are out of stock right now...not sure if that’s temporary or not. VS Audio also had them on sale but I can’t find them listed any more, and no one else is discounting as deeply. :slight_frown:
Sounds like a lot of people couldnt resist the low price on them :joy:

Aug 27, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #49,480 of 106,829

Edit: fwiw the Kxxs uses what's almost certainly the same driver and has almost identical (like 99% similar) tuning.

KXXS is decent. Not my favorite earphone. Thinnish midrange and treble too polite, but otherwise a well built and musical earphone with wide soundstage, but too dark for my tastes, though MSEB did help it out a bit. I was able to coax out as good a performance out of my CCA CA16's, which of all my collection minus the Sennheiser IE800, benefited the most from MSEB. it's like a brand new tuned winner.

Aug 27, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #49,481 of 106,829

Edit: fwiw the Kxxs uses what's almost certainly the same driver and has almost identical (like 99% similar) tuning.
I certainly hope the oxygen is better as I dont think the KXXS competes anymore...

Do hope this is a case where hearing it is more accurate than the graph, but they do look extremely similar.

Aug 27, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #49,482 of 106,829
KXXS is decent. Not my favorite earphone. Thinnish midrange and treble too polite, but otherwise a well built and musical earphone with wide soundstage, but too dark for my tastes, though MSEB did help it out a bit. I was able to coax out as good a performance out of my CCA CA16's, which of all my collection minus the Sennheiser IE800, benefited the most from MSEB. it's like a brand new tuned winner.
I certainly hope the oxygen is better as I dont think the KXXS competes anymore...

Do hope this is a case where hearing it is more accurate than the graph, but they do look extremely similar.

I re-edited my post, it’s not the same driver, they just have the same impedance and sensitivity. Apologies.

Aug 27, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #49,483 of 106,829
I re-edited my post, it’s not the same driver, they just have the same impedance and sensitivity. Apologies.
The graph are similar though:
graph (1).png

But doesnt the blon 03 use a similar driver to the oxygen? both CNT? and also tuned by the same person?

Aug 27, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #49,484 of 106,829
But doesnt the blon 03 use a similar driver to the oxygen? both CNT? and also tuned by the same person?
And yet most opinions on the technicalities of the Oxygen vs BL03 are that there is a HUGE discrepancy on capability. This of course is appropriate given the huge price difference.

Aug 27, 2020 at 6:33 PM Post #49,485 of 106,829
And yet most opinions on the technicalities of the Oxygen vs BL03 are that there is a HUGE discrepancy on capability. This of course is appropriate given the huge price difference.

Agreed. If it was as easy as copying the tuning via FR graphs, there would be no need for TOTL gear because TRN and KZ would just do it with $20 earphones full of Bellsing drivers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back