The discovery thread!
Aug 6, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #48,766 of 103,072
Random L earphones. Today. There is no denying it uses a BA in the nozzle for treble duties. Dynamic does the bass and mids. Stage is not great since it is a compact smallish design. Seems to be a semi open design. Coherency is a touch off due to the relative bright crisp treble for the BA and a fairly warm bass and mid range for the dynamic. Maybe that is why these have no name attached to them. Lol.

I don't know about 4D. I thought 4D was when you went on them universal rides and you got a spray of mist when you was riding through with the Simpsons ride. That would be something if an earphone gave you a 4D sensation. Maybe something that comes out of the earphones that plays drums on your ear lobe? These do share some similarities to the KS2. They have a bit of that splashiness forward treble which is similar to the KS2. Both these earphones are V shaped signature. The L phones being a bit less in the V which is due to the bass end not being as prominent on the Ls.

For the price range. Pretty good. Again a random hybrid that sounds good and looks good with a mic.
Hey Dsnuts, saw your post and went ahead and ordered a pair. If you have time, maybe a fresh post after some good burn in. I know they’re just a $25 set, but it’s nice to have a backup that’s somewhat in the total “non-disappointing “ category. 😉 Thanks again for all of your insight. Greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #48,767 of 103,072
They sound good especially with a warmer source. They arent gonna be world beaters but I was very surprised by their sound after a few hours of burn in. I just use music to burn in earphones now a days. Especially with cheaper BAs that are involved. They arent the most refined earphones as you would expect but they do have an energetic sound to them that bodes well for portable use on a phone. I will give them a good burn in and see where they go but for what they are it is money well spend. They do look a bit feminine which I think was the purpose of the design a bit akin to them QOA earphones.

The pouch and cable holder they come with look like a ladies compact case. That was the reason why I thought these are marketed toward the ladies.

One word of advice though. Don't bother listening to them on open listen. You can if you want to actually hear changes on a new earphone but. Not the best sounding out of the box. I would just let music play for a while first before taking a listen.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #48,768 of 103,072
Random L earphones. Today. There is no denying it uses a BA in the nozzle for treble duties. Dynamic does the bass and mids. Stage is not great since it is a compact smallish design. Seems to be a semi open design. Coherency is a touch off due to the relative bright crisp treble for the BA and a fairly warm bass and mid range for the dynamic. Maybe that is why these have no name attached to them. Lol.

I don't know about 4D. I thought 4D was when you went on them universal rides and you got a spray of mist when you was riding through with the Simpsons ride. That would be something if an earphone gave you a 4D sensation. Maybe something that comes out of the earphones that plays drums on your ear lobe? These do share some similarities to the KS2. They have a bit of that splashiness forward treble which is similar to the KS2. Both these earphones are V shaped signature. The L phones being a bit less in the V which is due to the bass end not being as prominent on the Ls.

For the price range. Pretty good. Again a random hybrid that sounds good and looks good with a mic.

That’s quite a name. At first I thought you forgot to type the full name and I was confused what you were talking about. Then I looked back a bunch of posts and saw the package. Yup, just plain old L!

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #48,769 of 103,072
Ya why have a name for an earphone when you can just call them "L"
There is no name attached to them. Just "L" A capital cursive L which can stand for many things. I would assume Ladies? Come look at my nice golden pewter colored earphones and compact case that look like your make up compact? I have no idea. They sound very good for the price however. As long as your willing to go in on one with an open mind. They will surprise. Not so much on open listen but after some burn in. Lol.

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #48,770 of 103,072
Damn it. Well I just found out I'm not allowed back in my office until January 4, 2021. Which is what made me impulsively join the drop for the Thor mjolnir. *Sigh*

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #48,771 of 103,072
Moar IEMs? Heck why not. Your at home. I can tell you guys a little bit of when I get my listening time. I purposefully didn't fix my sprinkler system at my house so I can give water to the grass. Happens to be the perfect time to have an earphone with me. While I water the grass. Very therapeutic.

In all seriousness. Looking forward to read about how you hear those.

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #48,772 of 103,072
That’s quite a name. At first I thought you forgot to type the full name and I was confused what you were talking about. Then I looked back a bunch of posts and saw the package. Yup, just plain old L!
Yeah, I did a search for the “L” without any specific results. But I then just scrolled down the page, and found them. Of course I ordered a pair...I just bought a used Shanling MX2 (from a head-fier) and thinking its not a warmish source but has eq ability. Also ha e an iPhone and a MacBook 12” so have an alternative in sources. Shout out to Dsnuts for his diving into the lower-tier world of iems...🤠
Cheers

Aug 6, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #48,773 of 103,072
Spot on but pertaining to OG Andro only. Andro 2020 is a step up from OG Andro. Nonetheless, the Trio has an excellent price to performance ratio and it is an easy recommendation.

I just went through your review. Nice find. Several years back we wouldn't get this sort of a product at its price. We live in happy audiophile times!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Aug 6, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #48,776 of 103,072
Nice
Yeah, I did a search for the “L” without any specific results. But I then just scrolled down the page, and found them. Of course I ordered a pair...I just bought a used Shanling MX2 (from a head-fier) and thinking its not a warmish source but has eq ability. Also ha e an iPhone and a MacBook 12” so have an alternative in sources. Shout out to Dsnuts for his diving into the lower-tier world of iems...🤠
Cheers
People are forgetting how this thread started. It was with budget finds that was getting overlooked. Not to mention some of the best bang for buck earphones are in the budget sector. Look forward to see what you think about them.

I just went through your review. Nice find. Several years back we wouldn't get this sort of a product at its price. We live in happy audiophile times!

Innovation is a good thing. I would imagine the Mofasest Trio being flagship level sonically about 5 years ago in sound.

Aug 6, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #48,777 of 103,072
Nice

People are forgetting how this thread started. It was with budget finds that was getting overlooked.

With your Marshmonothermalpricetakemallow's and things of that sort.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #48,778 of 103,072
the Philips SHE3580, Xaiomi Pistons 2.0, Sony MH1c and JVC HA-FX40 come to mind for those early budget discovery earphones.

Aug 6, 2020 at 8:17 PM Post #48,779 of 103,072
People are forgetting how this thread started. It was with budget finds that was getting overlooked. Not to mention some of the best bang for buck earphones are in the budget sector. Look forward to see what you think about them.
Some oldies but goodies

DB07301D-1FBA-44DE-B2EC-C969E18CFB5F.jpeg

Aug 6, 2020 at 8:17 PM Post #48,780 of 103,072
Moar IEMs? Heck why not. Your at home. I can tell you guys a little bit of when I get my listening time. I purposefully didn't fix my sprinkler system at my house so I can give water to the grass. Happens to be the perfect time to have an earphone with me. While I water the grass. Very therapeutic.

In all seriousness. Looking forward to read about how you hear those.

still the most therapeutic listening moment for me is while swimming or shallow diving in a pool.

sadly can't use any of my other earphones on that scenario.. only can use specific waterproof ones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back