The discovery thread!
Jul 24, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #48,526 of 100,521
I made a full in-depth written review about FiiO's EH3 NC Headphones! The review will also be uploaded to Head-fi shortly, on the product page, but I want to give you a quick peek on what FiiO's been working on when it comes to their headphones!!

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/07/fiio-eh3-nc-commercially-cool-headphones.html

FiiO-NC3-Noise-Cancelling-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headphones-APT-X-LDAC-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-15.jpg

I also made a video about the obscure-y Sivga P-II or P2 headphones! This is a headphone I fell in love with, and althogh I knew nothing about them before reviewing them, now I want to know more about all of Sivga's headphones and will keep on reviewing them and sharing my feelings about them!!

Talking about the Sivga, I am told they are similar to the Blob B20, which I have, same drivers and in essence the same build with different colour schemes.

BLON_B20_Headphone_3_600x.jpg

Zeos hyped the Blon B20 seriously. For me they ooze oodles of planar goodness which I love. What I love about the Sivga is the cable, looks good, don't know how good it sounds, but looks good.

I will check out your review.

Jul 24, 2020 at 10:03 PM Post #48,529 of 100,521
Yes! The artwork of this shell is extremely dreamy and beautiful already. I love it so much! I cannot wait to see the final version of the shell of this headphones. Thank you for your review!
who? what?

Jul 25, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #48,530 of 100,521
H40 has a more colored sound meaning it has more bass impact and body with a great wide stage. Mids have a smoother warmish tone and a bit more in the way of treble emphasis. It is very musical sounding earphone and is one of the best in ears to get if you plan on using your nicer cables with. I say this because the stock cable that come with it while is a good cable. Every higher end cable I tried it with makes the H40 sound better than with the stock cable. This one is awesome for people that like to tinker with the sound profile to their liking using cables of all things.

TSMR-3 pros might not sound as dynamic but more than makes up for it with pin point imaging a taller more involved sound. Which makes them excellent for vocals and instrument acoustic music, Jazz, blues. Actually surprising for EDM too since you can tune the bass a bit with the switches. BA timbre but you can tell the BAs used on the TSMR earphones are a higher quality vs what is in the H40. Better detailed mids and has the cleaner treble over the H40. All TSMR earphones are fantastic for vocals actually. The H40 more for pop rock and metal, hiphop EDM.

Both these earphones are versatile actually. Both sound good to great with all genres of music but due to the tonality and strengths of the tunings is where I feel each one does better at certain genres.
Howzabout TSMR-2? In NZD closer to the $200 budget mark than the nearly 400NZD 3s! Anybody have them and care to report...?

Jul 25, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #48,532 of 100,521
Jul 25, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #48,533 of 100,521
While composing my thoughts on the budget friendly KBear KS2, I started to drift into why do these have such a firm grasp on soundstage ?

Excluding the highlighted red area (for the footprint of the dynamic driver), that's a lot of empty space, just like the Fiio/Jade Audio FD1/EA1 (share a similar empty shell ratio to driver), with a similar expanse, on the soundstage.

By the lack of cavernous space, would this equate to full resin BAs (e.g. Fiio FA7) start with a handicap, for soundstage ?
KBear shell.jpg

Jul 25, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #48,534 of 100,521
Recently bought some Kennerton Ikiz iems, there was only one review up so I took a chance and am glad I did, these sound superb imo, they deserve more attention on here. The only negative imo is the proprietary connection, though looking on IEmusic's post about different connectors they could be IPX.

I own other much more expensive iems but can happily play these for hours.

Jul 25, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #48,535 of 100,521
Recently bought some Kennerton Ikiz iems, there was only one review up so I took a chance and am glad I did, these sound superb imo, they deserve more attention on here. The only negative imo is the proprietary connection, though looking on IEmusic's post about different connectors they could be IPX.

I own other much more expensive iems but can happily play these for hours.
Unfortunately, those look different from the IPX connectors. They actually look more like MEE Audio’s proprietary connector (I forgot to include them), but still different.

Jul 25, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #48,536 of 100,521
While composing my thoughts on the budget friendly KBear KS2, I started to drift into why do these have such a firm grasp on soundstage ?

Excluding the highlighted red area (for the footprint of the dynamic driver), that's a lot of empty space, just like the Fiio/Jade Audio FD1/EA1 (share a similar empty shell ratio to driver), with a similar expanse, on the soundstage.

By the lack of cavernous space, would this equate to full resin BAs (e.g. Fiio FA7) start with a handicap, for soundstage ?

KS2 really has quite a good soundstage for the cheap price. Though my Audiosense T800 which is a full resin shell has a wide soundstage too. So maybe it isn't only the empty shell on the KS2 that contributes to this. Perhaps the KS2's overly distant lower mids may partially contribute to a sense of "spaciousness"?

Open backed sets also generally give a better soundstage, though at the expense of isolation. For the closed backed IEMs with big soundstage, maybe one factor is the empty shell as you say, or even shell sizing (eg TRI I3 with its gigantic shell size), or maybe it is down to tuning or maybe some resonances in the shell material/shape/nozzle itself can affect this? Maybe some experts can chime in.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #48,537 of 100,521
I would think the that size of the shell may play a role when the drivers fire into the space in the shell, such as with the FiiO FD1, KZ ZS10 Pro, CCA CA16, 64 Audio Trio, etc. If the IEM is designed with a fully tubed system, such as the Legacy 3, T800, Blessing 2, the empty space probably doesn’t make much of a difference, especially with CIEMs. That’s my guess anyways.

Jul 25, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #48,538 of 100,521
So many factors play a role into soundstage. I'm no expert, but one thing the bqeyz spring 1 did was put a dampener in front of the BA. The result was making the soundstage quite expansive even though it's placement was pretty much right in the nozzle. My KS2 is still in transit somewhere, I wonder if there is something similar in there too the spring 1....

On the other hand, the TRN VX had the ba directly in the nozzle with nothing between that and your ear. The result there is it sounds like the frequencies handled by that BA are shouting right in your ear from inches away, which is, needless to say, quite unpleasant.

Jul 25, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #48,539 of 100,521
So many factors play a role into soundstage. I'm no expert, but one thing the bqeyz spring 1 did was put a dampener in front of the BA. The result was making the soundstage quite expansive even though it's placement was pretty much right in the nozzle. My KS2 is still in transit somewhere, I wonder if there is something similar in there too the spring 1....

On the other hand, the TRN VX had the ba directly in the nozzle with nothing between that and your ear. The result there is it sounds like the frequencies handled by that BA are shouting right in your ear from inches away, which is, needless to say, quite unpleasant.
You mean like this? :joy:

Screaming-Dream-meaning.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back