The discovery thread!
Jul 20, 2020 at 11:59 PM Post #48,406 of 100,890
Jul 21, 2020 at 12:05 AM Post #48,407 of 100,890
I have a few others I have to write about but I am excited about this one. These sound so refined it is shocking. Each level be it treble to the airy mids to the crazy high end bass. These have a sound like a stupid high end H40 basically Solaris level. Which has me thinking these are a damn good value. I am gonna stew over this one before making any conclusions but so far so good.

These were unexpected. Never heard of these guys I remember @audio123 was telling us about these a while ago. Havent heard them till now.

Jul 21, 2020 at 12:10 AM Post #48,408 of 100,890
I have a few others I have to write about but I am excited about this one. These sound so refined it is shocking. Each level be it treble to the airy mids to the crazy high end bass. These have a sound like a stupid high end H40 basically Solaris level. Which has me thinking these are a damn good value. I am gonna stew over this one before making any conclusions but so far so good.

These were unexpected. Never heard of these guys I remember @audio123 was telling us about these a while ago. Havent heard them till now.

@audio123 provided the review on Penon, and he liked them too. very similar review of the sound between the two of you.

Jul 21, 2020 at 12:29 AM Post #48,409 of 100,890

@audio123 provided the review on Penon, and he liked them too. very similar review of the sound between the two of you.
Mofasest Trio Review. I have reviewed the Trio and it is easily one of the best tribrid IEMs even though I have heard more expensive IEMs that use similar drivers combination. Cheers.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2020 at 12:34 AM Post #48,410 of 100,890
Mofasest Trio Review. I have reviewed the Trio and it is easily one of the best tribrid IEMs even though I have heard more expensive IEMs that use similar drivers combination. Cheers.

How would you compare the treble to the H40? Im trying not to convince myself to buy a higher tier mid-ranger. The Monarch has me piqued and this somehwat.

Jul 21, 2020 at 12:46 AM Post #48,411 of 100,890
Yes. what is meant by smooth treble? does that mean it lacks definition and extention? the IE800 has smooth treble but it's still has wonderful resolution and extension, or is it smooth like the Zero Audio's, where it was rolled off and smoothed over becaue it lacked a bit of definition and extension?

Jul 21, 2020 at 12:51 AM Post #48,412 of 100,890
Yes. what is meant by smooth treble? does that mean it lacks definition and extention? the IE800 has smooth treble but it's still has wonderful resolution and extension, or is it smooth like the Zero Audio's, where it was rolled off and smoothed over becaue it lacked a bit of definition and extension? The Moondrop's have smooth treble, which is why i'm not that hip on them.

Jul 21, 2020 at 1:11 AM Post #48,413 of 100,890
These are the first time I heard them Sonion Electostats for treble. Now I see what the deal is with these. Sounds amazing for the highs. High notes just float in the air. It is shocking on some tunes Lol. Will have some more observations on them when I get them nice n run in.

First tips I used on them was the Xelastecs. Seems to mesh well with the sonic ability of them. That isolation hones in on their sonic signature really well. Look forward to getting to know these.

Jul 21, 2020 at 1:27 AM Post #48,414 of 100,890
How would you compare the treble to the H40? Im trying not to convince myself to buy a higher tier mid-ranger. The Monarch has me piqued and this somehwat.
I will test when I am free. Cheers.
Yes. what is meant by smooth treble? does that mean it lacks definition and extention? the IE800 has smooth treble but it's still has wonderful resolution and extension, or is it smooth like the Zero Audio's, where it was rolled off and smoothed over becaue it lacked a bit of definition and extension?
No sibilance and harshness. Smooth and detailed akin to what you mentioned on the IE800. Cheers.
These are the first time I heard them Sonion Electostats for treble. Now I see what the deal is with these. Sounds amazing for the highs. High notes just float in the air. It is shocking on some tunes Lol. Will have some more observations on them when I get them nice n run in.

First tips I used on them was the Xelastecs. Seems to mesh well with the sonic ability of them. That isolation hones in on their sonic signature really well. Look forward to getting to know these.
It will only get better with burn-in. :)

Jul 21, 2020 at 6:37 AM Post #48,415 of 100,890
I think it’s the most affordable tribrid currently. I’ve been wanting to hear more opinions on this IEM.

For tribids, TRI I3 is much cheaper at the usual $169 usual pricing, one of my keeper sets for a great soundstage. And there's a banned brand with a piezo and DD and BA at $17 USD! Though yeah this new IEM for sure looks dope. Look forward to more reviews!

Jul 21, 2020 at 7:34 AM Post #48,416 of 100,890
For tribids, TRI I3 is much cheaper at the usual $169 usual pricing, one of my keeper sets for a great soundstage. And there's a banned brand with a piezo and DD and BA at $17 USD! Though yeah this new IEM for sure looks dope. Look forward to more reviews!
Good call. I should’ve specified that I meant most affordable “Sonion” tribrid that includes DD, BA, and Sonion Electret drivers. The BQEYZ Spring 1&2 are also tribrids, as is the LZ A6.

Jul 21, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #48,418 of 100,890
The mighty Hiby Seeds II have landed! :)

Jul 21, 2020 at 8:46 AM Post #48,419 of 100,890
Asked mofasest for the frequency response for the trio awhile back and was sent this.

20200721_125314.jpg

I managed to demo an owner's set awhile back and the graph seems in line with what I heard. It's a well implemented electret tribrid, though some things to note are that the lower mids are fairly thin, staging is wide but flat, the dd is on the slower side, and the 8k peak can result in a bit of sibilance. Aside from that it's fairly coherent and the thinner, lighter presentation along with some electret magic makes vocals, especially female vocals, amazing. It's one of the better sonion electret implementations I've heard, in that upper tier alongside the hua jiang and dawn, a tier below the gold standard of the elysium and a tier above more incoherent implementations like the ej07 and the empire ears models.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #48,420 of 100,890
Asked mofasest for the frequency response for the trio awhile back and was sent this.

20200721_125314.jpg

I managed to demo an owner's set awhile back and it's seems in line with what I heard. It's a well implemented electret tribrid, though some things to note are that the lower mids are fairly thin, staging is wide but flat, the dd is on the slower side, and the 8k peak can result in sibilance. Aside from that it's fairly coherent and the thinner, lighter presentation along with some electret magic makes vocals, especially female vocals, amazing. It's one of the better sonion electret implementations I've heard, in that upper tier alongside the hua jiang and dawn, a tier below the gold standard of the elysium and a tier above more incoherent implementations like the ej07 and the empire ears models.

That looks very good, not much to nit-pick on FR alone. Thanks for the heads up re technicalities, definitely will keep an eye on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back