The discovery thread!
Jul 8, 2020 at 8:49 AM Post #48,061 of 106,690
Glad to see you enjoying the IT00. The IT00 is a no-brainer at its price hence highly recommended. In this hobby, it is simply about trying as much gears as possible and being seasoned gradually (having high end reference points help definitely). Of course, ultimately it depends on your personal preference. Speaking of the Starfield, this is an IEM I didn't rave/recommend as I didn't enjoy listening to it. At the end of the day, happy listening and enjoy the music. The IT00 will get better with burn-in. :)
I really want to listen to the Starfield, for a point of reference. It’s just that it’s not an IEM I really want to purchase, unfortunately. I am very curious about the IT00. The tuning looks like my cup of tea.

Jul 8, 2020 at 8:53 AM Post #48,062 of 106,690
Glad to see you enjoying the IT00. The IT00 is a no-brainer at its price hence highly recommended. In this hobby, it is simply about trying as much gears as possible and being seasoned gradually (having high end reference points help definitely). Of course, ultimately it depends on your personal preference. Speaking of the Starfield, this is an IEM I didn't rave/recommend as I didn't enjoy listening to it. At the end of the day, happy listening and enjoy the music. :)
Yep it's much fuller and faster than the Starfield. The reason I compared is because it accentuates all the good features of the Starfield and many will have recently got the Starfield. The bass on the Starfield is a little subdued to me. This it00 it is just right. The it00 is kind of archetypally musical. Also it seems to sound good at higher volumes (take care with that one). Vocals sound great. Treble very nice and not a fatiguing bone in it's sound.
Thanks

Jul 8, 2020 at 9:00 AM Post #48,063 of 106,690
I really want to listen to the Starfield, for a point of reference. It’s just that it’s not an IEM I really want to purchase, unfortunately. I am very curious about the IT00. The tuning looks like my cup of tea.
Get the IT00 over the Starfield all day everyday.

Yep it's much fuller and faster than the Starfield. The reason I compared is because it accentuates all the good features of the Starfield and many will have recently got the Starfield. The bass on the Starfield is a little subdued to me. This it00 it is just right. The it00 is kind of archetypally musical. Also it seems to sound good at higher volumes (take care with that one). Vocals sound great. Treble very nice and not a fatiguing bone in it's sound.
Thanks
Definitely. When I first heard the IT00, I know this is going to be a hit hence my praise for it. The IT00 has good vocals clarity and treble energy which make Starfield sounds to be subdued and boring. For its price, the IT00 has a sound to a tee. Just brilliant.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #48,064 of 106,690
20200708_150745.jpg

They came in pretty fast

Jul 8, 2020 at 9:30 AM Post #48,065 of 106,690
Jul 8, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #48,066 of 106,690
Get the IT00 over the Starfield all day everyday.

Definitely. When I first heard the IT00, I know this is going to be a hit hence my praise for it. The IT00 has good vocals clarity and treble energy which make Starfield sounds to be subdued and boring. For its price, the IT00 has a sound to a tee. Just brilliant.
Yeah, that's great and all, but where do you buy them if you live in the US? I can't seem to find them.... I like ibasso as a company but don't currently own anything of theirs.

Jul 8, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #48,067 of 106,690
Thanks

Is the midrange too thick/warm?

Jul 8, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #48,068 of 106,690
I have a couple of pairs of the Blon 03s, recabled and the supreme YBF iss014. They have been my daily drivers for some time. The Blon are a legend. Have the Blon 03s been ousted? Maybe. I think so. The iBasso it00 may be the new DD King. Under lockdown I've been living in a ghost town and listening to the Stones 'Living in a ghost town' I think we may have found a new contender for best DD IEM, especially at the price point.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #48,069 of 106,690
Jul 8, 2020 at 9:40 AM Post #48,070 of 106,690
Is the midrange too thick/warm?
I don't think so. They are very balanced. The midrange is great for vocals but I don't think they are over thick. IMHO. They are quite seamless. No bleed from bass to mids or even mids to treble. Well tuned IBasso for this it00.

Jul 8, 2020 at 9:42 AM Post #48,071 of 106,690
Yeah, that's great and all, but where do you buy them if you live in the US? I can't seem to find them.... I like ibasso as a company but don't currently own anything of theirs.
Not sure about this.
I don't think so. They are very balanced. The midrange is great for vocals but I don't think they are over thick. IMHO. They are quite seamless. No bleed from bass to mids or even mids to treble. Well tuned IBasso for this it00.
This is precisely why I enjoy the IT00 so much.

Jul 8, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #48,072 of 106,690
What about the bass in comparison to the Urbanfun?

Jul 8, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #48,074 of 106,690
First impressions of the azla sedna xelastec

Used with my kxxs with feeal cable and my fiio q5s with am3d at 12 o clock. Like i ever used it with the small changes of the tips. I was using the azla sedna earfits before

My favorite iem is the t800 and i didnt test them first because i have fit issues with the kxxs on my left ear it just slips out every few minutes.

First things i notice

These are much louder then the azla sedna earfit lets say 5-10 db really no joke

They fit incredible they just stick and you dont feel them perfect fit with my kxxs

To sound quality

The bass jumbs like a panther out of the bush and hits you in the face like mike tyson in his prime

The bass really feels like it intended to attack you.

Mids are more forward for my feeling nothing spectacular there

Treble also seems more forward and aggressive. It feels really snappy but also more sibilant. I think it could be fatuigin for some i cant judge that im not sensible

In short words punchier snappier louder more foreward then sedna earfits

These are the most comfortable tips i did ever wear

I can just recommend them to everybody. These are definitely the new life saver for fit issues.

Now i go on to my favorite t800

P

Jul 8, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #48,075 of 106,690
What about the bass in comparison to the Urbanfun?
Just listened to both. Sub bass on the YBF is more prominent but midbass about the same. Mids on it00 much more real and better placement. I like the treble of the YBF but I think it is better integrated on the it00. I have had a bit of a surprise. I did not expect them to be so well tuned. Damn this hobby it always surprises. I wondered why @audio123 was so excited? I get it now. A great recc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back