The discovery thread!
Jul 5, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #48,016 of 106,680
i've got the CL2 planar and they are the best sounding earphones i own, but they absolutely need an amp, and the soundstage is one of the narrowest of all the earphones i own, and the bass, though brutally quick and taut, lags a bit behind. it also lacks a tab bit of body, but overall performance wise, it kicks the can out of all my other gear. if the P2 has a bit more bass and body in the note presentation, then i'll pivot to those and sell my RHA CL2.

Jul 5, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #48,017 of 106,680
i've got the CL2 planar and they are the best sounding earphones i own, but they absolutely need an amp, and the soundstage is one of the narrowest of all the earphones i own, and the bass, though brutally quick and taut, lags a bit behind. it also lacks a tab bit of body, but overall performance wise, it kicks the can out of all my other gear. if the P2 has a bit more bass and body in the note presentation, then i'll pivot to those and sell my RHA CL2.
Uhhhhh, what are you driving your CL2 with? I've never seen the soundstage described as narrow....

I agree about the bass, good for a planar, but it's no dynamic driver in terms of weight and rumble.

I highly doubt the P2 will be as good as the CL2 there if they used a much thinner diaphragm like on the P1. The schematic was a bit confusing though, there's a possibility it's a coaxial driver with a DD, but I think they were just showing the planar in greater detail....

Jul 5, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #48,018 of 106,680
Uhhhhh, what are you driving your CL2 with? I've never seen the soundstage described as narrow....

I agree about the bass, good for a planar, but it's no dynamic driver in terms of weight and rumble.

I highly doubt the P2 will be as good as the CL2 there if they used a much thinner diaphragm like on the P1. The schematic was a bit confusing though, there's a possibility it's a coaxial driver with a DD, but I think they were just showing the planar in greater detail....

it's not like cheapo or Beats type narrow, but compared to my Sennheiser soundstage or the CCA's it comparable to the soundstage of the Moondrops. Also i use the Fiio Mont blanc iem amp.

Jul 5, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #48,019 of 106,680

"coaxial driver with a DD" is a winning formula, just making sealed IEM is Mission Impossible with it. Obravo Cupid is an example...
Will see if IMR EDP is going to do any better. As much as I like isolation, I think vented design is the way to go to reduce nightmare of a fit-tip dependency that ruined my experience with CL2. I can squeeze enough bass from P1 with Cozoy Tact + EQ but fit forces me to use large tips that farther weaken the bass. T2 plus new ergonomics gives me hope! Finally some good engineering!
At the mean time I'm getting BGVP Zero hopefully in a few days...

Jul 5, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #48,020 of 106,680
"coaxial driver with a DD" is a winning formula, just making sealed IEM is Mission Impossible with it. Obravo Cupid is an example...
Will see if IMR EDP is going to do any better. As much as I like isolation, I think vented design is the way to go to reduce nightmare of a fit-tip dependency that ruined my experience with CL2. I can squeeze enough bass from P1 with Cozoy Tact + EQ but fit forces me to use large tips that farther weaken the bass. T2 plus new ergonomics gives me hope! Finally some good engineering!
At the mean time I'm getting BGVP Zero hopefully in a few days...

Yes sir. Tip dependent it is, and though it didn't ruin my experience, it's not my go to earphone either, despite being my technical best. It sits there with the JVC's, which are technical marvels, but fit and weight SUCK, so i don't use them that often unless i'm doing stationary listening (but not sleepy time listening). This is why if something planar comes along that might be close in technicality to the RHA, but has a better fit, then i'm all over it. Same with an affordable JVC that's not shaped like the standard housing they've always used.

Jul 5, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #48,021 of 106,680
Yes sir. Tip dependent it is, and though it didn't ruin my experience, it's not my go to earphone either, despite being my technical best. It sits there with the JVC's, which are technical marvels, but fit and weight SUCK, so i don't use them that often unless i'm doing stationary listening (but not sleepy time listening). This is why if something planar comes along that might be close in technicality to the RHA, but has a better fit, then i'm all over it. Same with an affordable JVC that's not shaped like the standard housing they've always used.
TRI I3.

Good seal, easy fit unless you have tiny ears.... Dynamic bass... Wide stage. Mmmmmmmm. So good.

Jul 6, 2020 at 4:53 AM Post #48,022 of 106,680
1594025553677.png

Jul 6, 2020 at 5:44 AM Post #48,023 of 106,680
Jul 6, 2020 at 8:18 AM Post #48,025 of 106,680
Jul 6, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #48,026 of 106,680
Jul 6, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #48,029 of 106,680
Jul 6, 2020 at 8:21 PM Post #48,030 of 106,680
I posted a full in-depth written review about the YAS-207 Soundbar from Yamaha. If you love a soundbar, and one with a good quality, this one is pretty affordable too, and doesn't care much about where it is placed, so you can grab one now, and enjoy a much better movie experience than with your TV's embedded speakers.

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/07/dtsvirtual-x-made-for-movies-and-music.html

HIFI-Expert-Yamaha-YAS-207-DTX-DTS-Dolby-APT-X-Bluetooth-Wireless-Soundbar-Subwoofer-System-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-53.jpg

I posted a video review about the SPDIF iPurifier just now!~ It ain't exactly as easy to describe and make a review about as the USB iDefender and iSilencer, but it does a fair job. The worse the source is, and the more high-end the DAC that is connected is, the more effect it has, and the better the final result is.

I made a video review about the B530 PRO from Tranya. I never heard about them before making this video, but for what they made at 50 USD, I really hope I will hear about Tranya in the future!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back