The discovery thread!
Jun 9, 2020 at 5:57 AM Post #47,611 of 103,012
58540141-2308-4013-BE1E-2173C5D3AD6A.jpeg
@Dsnuts looks veeery interesting and Penon gift a discount to their customers

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2020 at 8:10 AM Post #47,612 of 103,012
Can't wait to try those. I have to admit I am more excited for the Orb than anything I have gotten this year. Should have them this week.
Would love to see your comparison with Blessing 2. I almost going to buy Blessing 2.

Jun 9, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #47,614 of 103,012
Received today.

MT300-1.jpg

MT300-2.jpg

MT300-3.jpg

MT300-4.jpg
please give us an impression on how it sounds. And does it fit good? The fit looks like it is weird with it.

Jun 9, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #47,615 of 103,012
please give us an impression on how it sounds. And does it fit good? The fit looks like it is weird with it.

No problem with fitting. MMCX connector is rigid. Depending on tips, the DD bass can be there, not weak, enough quantity for my taste. Mid-high is emphasized and clear. Three different drivers blend nicer than a bunch of hybrid iems.
Early bird discount is tempted and I think worth it. People can ask seller if the discount is still available.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #47,616 of 103,012
Jun 9, 2020 at 11:37 PM Post #47,617 of 103,012
I got the Orbs in my ears as I am typing. Initial impressions out of the box. The balance is superb on these. I got them plugged into my M15. Threw on my Sendafit tips. Stock cable is a good cable nothing special however. This cable is infinitely better than the cable that was included on the Spheres. Looks like a SPC variety a thinner cored 8 core cable in single end. I got the micd version as well to test out.

Cohesion is suberb between bass dynamic and the full range BA they are using. Mid range is rich/ smooth with very good dimensional qualities to it. It does remind me of the mid range on the Spheres. Treble is clean and don't seem to have any hot spots I am hearing. Graph on these look a touch V shaped but I wouldn't even say that they are. The bass lift is done very tastefully. Bass is cleaner with a bit less emphasis than what is on the H40. Mid range emphasis is similar but I want to say the Orb sounds richer in tone to me. Sound stage is superb. Has very good imaging. It is a clean rangy dynamic sounding unit. These sound great. I think Penon got another winner on thier hands.

Bass is surprisingly very high quality on these. It is tight and digs deep. Great rumbling sub bass texture. The description of the bass dynamic.
10mm dynamic driver Graphite fiber wire paper dome soft grainless vibrating membrane. Paper dome? Hmmm Paper dome as in Wood dynamic? In any case this dynamic driver they are using seems to be of a very high quality. Bass is excellent on these.

Treble is airy and don't poke your ears with any type of grain or splashiness. These sound very mature out of the box. Will do the burn in ritual and see where this one goes but thus far. Very impressed.
DSC07226.JPGDSC07225.JPG

Jun 10, 2020 at 12:06 AM Post #47,618 of 103,012
I got the Orbs in my ears as I am typing. Initial impressions out of the box. The balance is superb on these. I got them plugged into my M15. Threw on my Sendafit tips. Stock cable is a good cable nothing special however. This cable is infinitely better than the cable that was included on the Spheres. Looks like a SPC variety a thinner cored 8 core cable in single end. I got the micd version as well to test out.

Cohesion is suberb between bass dynamic and the full range BA they are using. Mid range is rich/ smooth with very good dimensional qualities to it. It does remind me of the mid range on the Spheres. Treble is clean and don't seem to have any hot spots I am hearing. Graph on these look a touch V shaped but I wouldn't even say that they are. The bass lift is done very tastefully. Bass is cleaner with a bit less emphasis than what is on the H40. Mid range emphasis is similar but I want to say the Orb sounds richer in tone to me. Sound stage is superb. Has very good imaging. It is a clean rangy dynamic sounding unit. These sound great. I think Penon got another winner on thier hands.

Bass is surprisingly very high quality on these. It is tight and digs deep. Great rumbling sub bass texture. The description of the bass dynamic.
10mm dynamic driver Graphite fiber wire paper dome soft grainless vibrating membrane. Paper dome? Hmmm Paper dome as in Wood dynamic? In any case this dynamic driver they are using seems to be of a very high quality. Bass is excellent on these.

Treble is airy and don't poke your ears with any type of grain or splashiness. These sound very mature out of the box. Will do the burn in ritual and see where this one goes but thus far. Very impressed.
DSC07226.JPGDSC07225.JPG
I concur. When I first tried the Orb, I am really surprised at the sound. Very refreshing and tuning is spot on. Great sub-bass, engaging midrange, clean and extended treble, holographic stage to sum it up for me. I am still burning in mine but so far, this is a no-brainer.

Jun 10, 2020 at 12:13 AM Post #47,619 of 103,012

DSC07226.JPGDSC07225.JPG
How's the build? Are the bodies resin filled or are the drivers floating? Thank you for your impressions so far.

Jun 10, 2020 at 12:21 AM Post #47,620 of 103,012
Oh yea they are all Resin. Solid piece of Resin. Has great isolation due to the solid piece of resin. Has a vent on the back end for the dynamic.

I can tell just from initial listen to now. The bass is getting even better with more music playing from them. Just been listening to them since I got them. Tried 3 different sources I have. My old Cayin M5ii, my Fiio M15 and now I have them on my Shanling M6 pro. Sounds great on all 3 of the sources I tried them on.

These sound organic and rich vs being bright and analytical. Very enjoyable listen. They sound like a more mature sounding Sphere + ISN H40 mixed in one. As much as I am digging on the full range BA they are using on these. I am loving the bass end of these things. This has excellent bass. It is a top quality type of bass.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #47,621 of 103,012
Oh yea they are all Resin. Solid piece of Resin. Has great isolation due to the solid piece of resin. Has a vent on the back end for the dynamic.

I can tell just from initial listen to now. The bass is getting even better with more music playing from them. Just been listening to them since I got them. Tried 3 different sources I have. My old Cayin M5ii, my Fiio M15 and now I have them on my Shanling M6 pro. Sounds great on all 3 of the sources I tried them on.

These sound organic and rich vs being bright and analytical. Very enjoyable listen. They sound like a more mature sounding Sphere + ISN H40 mixed in one. As much as I am digging on the full range BA they are using on these. I am loving the bass end of these things. This has excellent bass. It is a top quality type of bass.
Tempting. Someone mentioned a discount to penon customers. Did you receive a discount? Im inclined to reach out to them. I should just stop messing around in the $200 range and get what i really want but times are not so great financially.

Jun 10, 2020 at 12:29 AM Post #47,622 of 103,012
Try using the code 9BBEFTZH.
It worked for me. They use DHL express for free shipping,so hopefully not 4 weeks waiting
Tempting. Someone mentioned a discount to penon customers. Did you receive a discount? Im inclined to reach out to them. I should just stop messing around in the $200 range and get what i really want but times are not so great financially.

Jun 10, 2020 at 12:39 AM Post #47,623 of 103,012
DHL will get to you in a week n half at the most.
I did a review for Penon for their Spheres, I have been doing reviews for Penon since actually. Been getting to know these folks and these guys are serious about their sound. I knew about these about 2 months ago. Lol. But didn't say anything. Their original housing design was unique it actually had a circular housing on it. lol but I am glad they went to a more traditional ergonomic resin universal shell.

By the way the shells are of a medium in size. Not large and not small like the Spheres. It has a very good shape to it. Will fit everyone fine. Looks stunning in person in all clear. Very cool design in my book.

Jun 10, 2020 at 1:11 AM Post #47,625 of 103,012
their MT100's curve from their product page is as flat as a railway

Screenshot_20200609-092648_Gallery.jpg

it's one of my most favorite (and most neutral) sounding IEM though, even though BGGAR puts it in the most bottom barrel of his list.
it's one of those IEM that sounds great and don't hurt my ears even with louder than usual volume
He doesn't like the TRI I3 at all either, which is mind boggling to me. The reaction to the mt100 was a bit more mixed overall. But on the I3 he's a serious outlier. On the other hand he loves the bl-03 and thieaudio L3, which I just don't see as special at all.

The L3 is at least good. The blon just has a huge soundstage and that's about all I can think of positive to say about them.

Just more proof that we all have different hearing sensitivities and different tastes.

This penon orb sounds interesting. But I'm really having a hard time getting over 1dd+1ba at that price point....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back