The discovery thread!
May 19, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #47,312 of 101,885
Perhaps it was we who were not so clear about this, so apologies to @Dsnuts . In various studies on ear anatomy, it's true that there's no clear statistical correlation between the absolute size and depth of the concha and the external acoustic meatus, relative to race. There is some correlation with respect to gender, but these differences have not been fully fleshed out. However, from empirical observation, we noticed a clear predilection for larger size ear tips at our US and European audio shows, compared to the spread at Asian audio shows. Thus, our design philosophy has simply been to design to be as compact as possible, so that our products fit as many ears as possible. Specifically regarding LUNA, we've noticed a consistent trend of people opting for one size larger than what they usually use, so much so that we had to borrow the new extra large size SpinFits from the booth next door, and this may be specific to the fit that LUNA's particular shape requires. However, with our new products, which are all-BA based, future multi-BA offerings may make it impossible for us to make things as compact as they are on the LUNA, though we will always try to make our products as small as possible.

Strangely enough, I am using smaller tips than usual on my DK2001.

About those new all-BA offerings... Please be so kind to as tell us more:

https://hifigo.com/blogs/news/dunu-studio-series-latest-iem-series

Last edited:
May 19, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #47,313 of 101,885
I asked NiceHCK about this lucky bag, they confirm it is a brand new release and not an old stock and it is a 1 BA set.

Beyond that, they didn't wanna give any more details on FR, whether cable is detachable and design/pictures.

Hmm, I never found good bass quantity in a 1 BA set so far.
Unless it was using a sonion ba maybe ?

May 19, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #47,314 of 101,885
Unless it was using a sonion ba maybe ?
I would expect that they would say if it was a knowles or sonion BA so they can market it more.

May 19, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #47,315 of 101,885
May 19, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #47,316 of 101,885
I am very interested in the
DUNU Studio SA6

https://hifigo.com/blogs/news/dunu-studio-series-latest-iem-series

$ 129 for the SA 3--hopefully the 6 will be $ 249 or so-----

Probably double that. Based on a facebook response that the SA6 Cable is about the value of the HULK cable. "Pampered", handmade shells, wood faceplates, etc. Doesn't sound budget. If that DUNU response is accurate that they value the cable it comes with as already above $249 then $249 isn't gonna be likely.

May 19, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #47,317 of 101,885
Probably double that. Based on a facebook response that the SA6 Cable is about the value of the HULK cable. "Pampered", handmade shells, wood faceplates, etc. Doesn't sound budget. If that DUNU response is accurate that they value the cable it comes with as already above $249 then $249 isn't gonna be likely.

Maybe $ 129 for the SA3 is the way to go then.Did not see that detail about the cable--thanks!

May 19, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #47,318 of 101,885
Maybe $ 129 for the SA3 is the way to go then.Did not see that detail about the cable--thanks!

Yep, no mention of the price of it but did see that on the facebook comments...
1589911195272.png

Was thinking the SA3 with a better cable might have very good potential. Handsome and Knowles sounds good but $129 sounds like a typical stock cable. Which Knowles would be nice to know but tough for Dunu to give that price and imagine it having a cable that couldn't be improved upon.

May 19, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #47,319 of 101,885
Yep, no mention of the price of it but did see that on the facebook comments...
1589911195272.png
Was thinking the SA3 with a better cable might have very good potential. Handsome and Knowles sounds good but $129 sounds like a typical stock cable. Which Knowles would be nice to know but tough for Dunu to give that price and imagine it having a cable that couldn't be improved upon.
I keep telling myself--NO MORE audio equipment!---and just cannot resist. The technology and quality is getting better and the prices are ridiculously low for what is produced.5 years ago we could not get a 3 BA iem for $ 129----not at the quality that the Dunu will be. So many incredible products at amazing prices---so hard to chose what to get--too many choices and it only gets more difficult with the incredible gear being developed and constantly rolled out.

May 19, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #47,321 of 101,885
Got the green on order will let you all know how it is. Looks like fun sounding earphone. 1589915736868.png
I look forward to you receiving them and your impressions. I've also got a green set in my cart, but not hitting the buy button till I read a few reviews first. Besides, I'm still waiting for my Urbanfun ISSO14 to come that I ordered in March AE birthday sale. I make it a point to never buy anything else until I have at least had a chance to play with the last new toy I ordered. It's damn hard though in this case. Those green shells on the TRN look dope!

May 19, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #47,322 of 101,885
Never owned a TRN earphone so why not. I give everyone a shot. Astounding how many drivers you can get stuffed in a shell for less than a $100 spot now a days. I am not expecting top flight sound but hey I am open minded. Looks like a W Fr. Should be a fun tuned iem. Sub bass should be stout. Looking forward to hearing them.

May 19, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #47,323 of 101,885
Never owned a TRN earphone so why not. I give everyone a shot. Astounding how many drivers you can get stuffed in a shell for less than a $100 spot now a days. I am not expecting top flight sound but hey I am open minded. Looks like a W Fr. Should be a fun tuned iem. Sub bass should be stout. Looking forward to hearing them.
I'm the same...never owned a TRN either. I've been on the fence on getting the KZ ZSX because I love my KZ ZS10 PRO so much and want to keep that signature, but keep reading that the ZSX is a side grade to the ZS10 PRO. The V90 looked like a contender but I have held off on that too. Really curious now about this VX though. Six BA's, 1 DD, a gorgeous metal shell, and a detachable 2 pin cable; all for less than $100. Specs wise, it's ticking a whole lotta boxes for me. I'll wait for a few reviews first though, before I commit.

May 19, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #47,324 of 101,885
L
Got the green on order will let you all know how it is. Looks like fun sounding earphone. 1589915736868.png

If They are going typical house signature TRN V series, they will be V signature. The last V90 is deep V signature with big rumble subbass and aggressive lower trebles (full sounding on 2,4,6,8 khz) but they dont go too harsh, trebles are crispy but smooth, in borderline i would say.

Cant wait for your impressions, especially head to head with NX7 pro.

May 19, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #47,325 of 101,885

I read that differently. I know they say the "Blanche" cable that is priced similar to Hulk doesn't come with the SA3, but that doesn't necessarily mean it comes with the SA6. In fact, the photo of the SA6 doesn't show a cable. So $249 may not be out of the question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back