The discovery thread!
May 18, 2020 at 4:53 PM Post #47,296 of 102,395
I was like that as well. It is the type of sound that grows on a person more so than gives a wow at first. I am glad I got them as a part of my line up. I got word the S8 has slight enhancements but is more or less identical to the Blessing 2 tuning wise. Which means value goes to the Blessing 2.

May 18, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #47,297 of 102,395
I was like that as well. It is the type of sound that grows on a person more so than gives a wow at first. I am glad I got them as a part of my line up. I got word the S8 has slight enhancements but is more or less identical to the Blessing 2 tuning wise. Which means value goes to the Blessing 2.

Yep even Crinacle said "Very, very solid IEM overall. Probably belongs in the same conversation as the S8"
Blessing for bargain hunters I guess :)

May 18, 2020 at 5:59 PM Post #47,298 of 102,395
I orderd what was suppose to be large of these. Only to get a bunch of mediums. When I contacted the vendor about it. They sent me a large. And the large is no different than the mediums. I don't know if large actually exist in these.
They do, I always get the SML sets of these and the mediums are a tiny bit smaller than large but slide/fall out of my ears a lot easier.

Unless you have a medium and a large side by side it can be very hard to tell the difference though.... I know a lot of people get them from the ebay seller in bulk but I always just tack a few sets on to my Ali orders usually as filter items for Ali coupons. But the large is not larger than the medium by enough IMO.

May 18, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #47,299 of 102,395
Ya that is what I mean. That vendor on ebay told me it was Large. The large is not any different than the mediums. Lol. It is barely noticeable. It goes from something like 12.5mm to 13mm. I cant tell the difference between the two sizes in my ears if at all.

May 18, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #47,300 of 102,395
I have posted my in-depth review of the Ananda Bluetooth as well! :)

This is a really interesting headphone, because it is what I can safely call the best bluetooth headphone out there at this moment. Nothing is perfect, and neither is this one, but I'm really happy with it, and I even use it portably pretty often. I'm not sure, from the faces of the people around me, if they really appreciate me sharing my music, or not...

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/05/bt-magnifique-hifiman-ananda-bt.html

HIFIMAN-Ananda-BT-Bluetooth-TWS-APT-X-LDAC-Headphones-Open-Back-Planar-Magnetic-Flagship-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-27.jpg

May 19, 2020 at 7:40 AM Post #47,302 of 102,395
May 19, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #47,303 of 102,395
I could not find any reviews and figured I would give it a shot. I was looking at the
ThieAudio Voyager3
But Amazon has the delivery date Aug 5--Sept 7. The Soloist Arrives: July 8 - 29 according to Amazon--
IF I do not like them I will return and go with the V3-----and still have to wait.
FWIW, I think the Legacy 3 sounds better and costs less. My full review should be done in a couple of days.

May 19, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #47,304 of 102,395
FWIW, I think the Legacy 3 sounds better and costs less. My full review should be done in a couple of days.
Thanks for your input--I canceled my order for the Soloist from amazon after seeing the Bad Guy Good Audio Review-

Looks good on paper but the review made me change my mind. I want the Voyager 3 but the delivery time is sooo long. Do you know if the Legacy 3 is as good, would you recommend the L3 as just as good as the V3? Thanks for the input

May 19, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #47,306 of 102,395
Thanks for your input--I canceled my order for the Soloist from amazon after seeing the Bad Guy Good Audio Review-

Looks good on paper but the review made me change my mind. I want the Voyager 3 but the delivery time is sooo long. Do you know if the Legacy 3 is as good, would you recommend the L3 as just as good as the V3? Thanks for the input

The L3 sounds more natural to me. Plus, I prefer DD bass, even though the L3 has a fairly light bass in terms of quantity. Keep in mind my L3 is a custom version so the tuning may differ from the universal model.

May 19, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #47,307 of 102,395
Anyone hear anything about the new TRN VX yet?
Based on the specs (6ba+1dd) and FR graph it looks like the V-90 on steroids....

May 19, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #47,308 of 102,395
So Aliexpress sale going on. Looks like another opportunity to pick up some phones and some cables. Been recommending the NiceHCK DB3 to coworkers that want a good sounding cheapo. $15.76.. So cheap Lol. Great for working out. Will post some decent deals when I come accross them.

May 19, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #47,310 of 102,395
This "western market" bigger ears and "asian market" smaller IEMs is so dumb. I think audioreviews started with this claim and some people for whatever reason started parroting it and honestly it's funny, especially when you have products like Xelento and IE800 made by Germans LOL.

XDOEgSK.png
Agreed. However I was told this by Dunu just so you know. So not so dumb. I have owned plenty of larger Chinese made IEMs, your more right than wrong but I think in general it is better to make smaller shelled IEMs for universal purposes vs making a large one. Just makes a lot of sense.

Perhaps it was we who were not so clear about this, so apologies to @Dsnuts . In various studies on ear anatomy, it's true that there's no clear statistical correlation between the absolute size and depth of the concha and the external acoustic meatus, relative to race. There is some correlation with respect to gender, but these differences have not been fully fleshed out. However, from empirical observation, we noticed a clear predilection for larger size ear tips at our US and European audio shows, compared to the spread at Asian audio shows. Thus, our design philosophy has simply been to design to be as compact as possible, so that our products fit as many ears as possible. Specifically regarding LUNA, we've noticed a consistent trend of people opting for one size larger than what they usually use, so much so that we had to borrow the new extra large size SpinFits from the booth next door, and this may be specific to the fit that LUNA's particular shape requires. However, with our new products, which are all-BA based, future multi-BA offerings may make it impossible for us to make things as compact as they are on the LUNA, though we will always try to make our products as small as possible.

DUNU It's a good time to go #PRO. Our next generation of in-ears powered by ECLIPSƎ are here! Learn more on our official website. Stay updated on DUNU at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/DUNU.FANS/ https://twitter.com/DUNU_Headphone https://www.instagram.com/dunu_topsound/ https://www.dunu-topsound.com/ https://m.me/DUNU.FANS int_ops@dunu-topsound.com, support@dunutopsound.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back