The discovery thread!
Nov 6, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #4,667 of 106,628
Quote:

Well it took me like 4 days with constant burn-in on max volume to get that clear and balanced sound everyone seems to be hearing on open box. LoL
Guess I was one of those unlucky ones that got raw drivers with zero factory burn in on them.  YMMV but couple of days on constant full blast with heavy bass music should do the trick, max one week I guess???

Mines are sounding marvelous right now, it is truly crazy to hear how much they have transformed from open box to what I am hearing now. I can't get these things outta my ears at the moment.
L3000.gif

I put them on a burn in last night, checked them today, and did not see much progress, so they are cooking once again.

I was expecting a lot more from these, the burn in I hope will help, so that I can fit it comfortably and actually enjoy a sound that all here are touting.

Three more days to go...

Nov 6, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #4,668 of 106,628
Don't know if you guys seen this.

1. Sead
  2. Member of the Trade: Sony Mobile
  3. badge_junior.v1305918894.png
  5. online
  1. 10 Posts. Joined 10/2012
 Hi guys,

as there have been some ongoing discussions related to MH1 mods, here comes some suggestion what can be done to shape and customize the sound according to your own preference.

mod1. If you experience bass being muddy/exaggerated, try to block the vent, this is suppose to reduce the bass ~2-3dB

mod2. if you would like to improve some "airiness" try to remove foam from the tube. However without foam, overall smoothness of the treble will be affected.

mod3 If you would like to get some more presence in the mids, make a small hole (~0.2mm diameter) in the center of the filter mesh. This one require some delicate work, so be careful to not oversize the hole.  

Anyhow, these are just some of suggestions what can be done relatively easily to influence certain ranges, however i don't take any responsibilities for your actions, so do it on your own risk!
L3000.gif

So it seems we can tune these more to our sound preference. Nice.

Nov 6, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #4,670 of 106,628
Quote:

I put them on a burn in last night, checked them today, and did not see much progress, so they are cooking once again.

I was expecting a lot more from these, the burn in I hope will help, so that I can fit it comfortably and actually enjoy a sound that all here are touting.

Three more days to go...

Yeah there was minimal change for me on the 1st 2 days or so, but on like the 4th, it begins to really shine. Keep burning these in, you are gonna get there real quick, although it might seem to take forever. LoL
beerchug.gif

edit: those mods looks really interesting and easy, might try it if I get a 2nd set.......thanks Ds!

Nov 6, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #4,671 of 106,628
Hi-I had previously written that my HA-fxd80's had bitten the dust in one channel...Dug up receipt/email, Adorama had been supplier, sent them an email, they replied with a shipping label to return it the next day, Sweet. (burning in the mh1c's, do have some harshness on initial listen, maybe a tad better after about 8 hours burn in, have them hooked up now...)

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #4,672 of 106,628
This looks interesting...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JVC-HA-FXZ100-Dynamic-Closed-Canal-Earphone-/181015827409?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item2a256253d1

But I am just not sure I want to take a chance on another JVC IEM. I had the FXT90 twice and just never got to where I liked the treble, had the FXD80 and liked it better but still wasn't satisfied. So I am fearful these may have the same issues in the areas that matter to me and just have monster bass. At this price point I am not sure I could "take one for the team". But for any crazy over the top JVC fans these might be your ticket to heaven...

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #4,673 of 106,628
Quote:
This looks interesting...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JVC-HA-FXZ100-Dynamic-Closed-Canal-Earphone-/181015827409?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item2a256253d1

But I am just not sure I want to take a chance on another JVC IEM. I had the FXT90 twice and just never got to where I liked the treble, had the FXD80 and liked it better but still wasn't satisfied. So I am fearful these may have the same issues in the areas that matter to me and just have monster bass. At this price point I am not sure I could "take one for the team". But for any crazy over the top JVC fans these might be your ticket to heaven...

Wait for our fearless leader Currawong to tell us what we need to hear:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/633755/xba-3-overlooked-the-appreciation-thread/90#post_8839065

Or, let dsnuts get his (or is it the fxz200) and wait for his impressions. But if you do that, give someone else your credit card (unless you want to make a spontaneous purchase LOL!).

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #4,674 of 106,628
I would hold off a bit. That is a bloated price. I am sure the prices will come down very soon. In other news,. I just found out. My state of Colorado voted to legalize the Weed. I never thought that would pass. That my friends is a discovery for me. Lol.

I will be able to go to a 7/11 buy a 6 pack o beer and a pack of joints. Lol!

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #4,675 of 106,628
Quote:
I would hold off a bit. That is a bloated price. I am sure the prices will come down very soon.

Indeed. I think I'll wait for futureshop to put them on sale :wink:

In other news,. I just found out. My state of Colorado voted to legalize the Weed. I never thought that would pass. That my friends is a discovery for me. Lol.

Party on Garth!

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #4,677 of 106,628
Quote:
I would hold off a bit. That is a bloated price. I am sure the prices will come down very soon. In other news,. I just found out. My state of Colorado voted to legalize the Weed. I never thought that would pass. That my friends is a discovery for me. Lol.

Damn it, you guys are so lucky, even here at Cali weren't able to pass this.  God there is so much ignorance/ dis/ mis-info about hemp/ weed, it is literally like willful sophomoric ignorance.

So happy for you'll up there at the rocky peaks!!!
beerchug.gif
Now I can literally say you're smokin' something when you hype things ha.    

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #4,678 of 106,628
Quote:
Ya. The next few months will be interesting in Colorado..I hear the feds might interfere with completely legalizing but. Wow it is surprising to say the least.

They even interfere with medicinal dispensaries, so that is expected. Feds need to get their dirty lil' hands off and stop interfering with state rights and sovereignty, so wish you'll luck! Light one up for me brah, even though i don't even smoke. ha 
popcorn.gif

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #4,679 of 106,628
I always thought Colorado would be the first but it actually happened tonight. It got passed. How Colorado state is gonna go about it I have no idea. I am pretty sure I can walk into a MMJ dispensary and just buy some as it is Legal. That is mind blowing..No card necessary. Just a driver license. Sorry guys back on topic.

So I am looking into something that might compliment the MH1s and all your other iems on the cheap.. Will let you guys know soon.

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #4,680 of 106,628
Quote:
I always thought Colorado would be the first but it actually happened tonight. It got passed. How Colorado state is gonna go about it I have no idea. I am pretty sure I can walk into a MMJ dispensary and just buy some as it is Legal. That is mind blowing..No card necessary. Just a driver license. Sorry guys back on topic.

So I am looking into something that might compliment the MH1s and all your other iems on the cheap.. Will let you guys know soon.

HYPED!!! Damn my poor wallet is gonna take another hit. LoL Better make it REAL cheap and godly sounding like these MH1Cs.
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back