The discovery thread!
Jan 15, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #46,112 of 106,811
Jan 15, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #46,113 of 106,811
I am getting the DK-2001 so I am think the blessing 2 is a direct competitor in the price range. Should be interesting. Premier Chi fi show down.

Samurai-Shodown.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #46,114 of 106,811
So I had a relization. Just noticing that earphones now a days all sound pretty damn good. I havent really had one that I can say was an absolute fail. Seems SQ is ramping up more and more now a days. I think competing manufacturers are noticing this too. Such competion only means. Better stuff for us.

No longer do we need to shell out $500 for a great sounding iem. My H40 and TRi I3 has proven to me how good stuff can cost withought spending a ransome. With that being said it is the mid fi realm that is really intriguing. That Blessing 2 is less than the first Blessing. RP being $320 or so. From the looks of it. It should be every bit as good as my IT04 maybe even better which was $500. Heck right now I would actually take my H40 over the IT04.

Progress is good my friends!
I am loving the TRI I3. Like all planars I've had, it's just getting better and better with burn in.

Spending $500+, nevermind $2k+ on a set seems insane to me at the moment with how good these <=$200 pairs are. If you have a specific sound preference, something has you covered. Unless you NEED brand new tech, or snake oil, the major, major diminishing returns problem is just absurd.

I thought the it04 was a bargain 18 months ago, now it's absurd to me at $500.

Jan 15, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #46,117 of 106,811
I'm a bit confused why Blessing 2 is being advertised as 1DD+4BA.
According to image and description there are 1DD and only 2 BA units.

Bass: 10mm paper cone diaphragm coil
Treble unit: Knowles SWFK
Midrange: Softears D-MID-A

Are they counting BA chambers as separate BA units?
Yes, it's done by everyone. They count each rod/enclosure as one whether or not they're combined into one unit. The manufacturers of the BAs do it too so it's standard practice.

Jan 15, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #46,118 of 106,811

looks like 4 to me :)
2 BA units with 2 chambers each :)

Yes, it's done by everyone. They count each rod/enclosure as one whether or not they're combined into one unit. The manufacturers of the BAs do it too so it's standard practice.
Oh, so basically regular shady marketing practices. Ok.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #46,121 of 106,811
I hope to get mines before my Bday next month. I figured since I have never heard a moondrop before might as well be a good hybrid. Fingers crossed it will be a good one.

Moondrop and aliexpress charges more tax for US buyers than for same stuff on ebay by the way.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #46,122 of 106,811
I figured since I have never heard a moondrop before might as well be a good hybrid. Fingers crossed it will be a good one.
Same.
I was torn between the Fearless S8Freedom and Blessing 2 at first, but after reading that Fearless does hiss on most sources, decided to go with Blessing2 instead (also I'm still sceptical about BA-only IEMs without a DD for the lower end. I yet to hear one with a nice bass).

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #46,123 of 106,811
Anybody tried those new thieaudio voyager iems?

Jan 15, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #46,124 of 106,811
2 BA units with 2 chambers each :)

Oh, so basically regular shady marketing practices. Ok.
I wouldn't say it's super shady. Take a look at some of the spec sheets to see the difference. Both Knowles and sonion publish these.

https://www.knowles.com/subdepartme...e-receivers-and-speakers/subdpt-premium-audio

The difference between 2 single BAs and a double BA it's that they just have one sound output tube instead of two but are mirror images of each other basically. They are also more sensitive than a single BA.

I'm not aware of ones that just have one balanced armature driver in a two chambered enclosure .... THAT would be shady.... But basically it's two units with a shared nozzle/tube.

Jan 15, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #46,125 of 106,811
I wouldn't say it's super shady. Take a look at some of the spec sheets to see the difference. Both Knowles and sonion publish these.
https://www.knowles.com/subdepartme...e-receivers-and-speakers/subdpt-premium-audio
The difference between 2 single BAs and a double BA it's that they just have one sound output tube instead of two but are mirror images of each other basically. They are also more sensitive than a single BA.
I'm not aware of ones that just have one balanced armature driver in a two chambered enclosure .... THAT would be shady.... But basically it's two units with a shared nozzle/tube.
So far I only heard that those were referred as BAs with multiple tweeters/drivers (1BA with dual tweeters for example). It's also what Knowles' and Sonion's product descriptions say.
I think calling tweeters BAs is kind of misleading. It's like saying that i have 2 noses because there are 2 nostrils in it ^_^'

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back