The discovery thread!
Nov 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM Post #44,716 of 101,088
Yeah, I finally gave in and picked up a pair of BL-03, and bass is all over the place when switching tips, and the stock cable also causes issues in my case at least b/c the ear guides made it hard to get any seal with shallower tips. Initially I could only get a decent seal with spinfits, and in that case the bass was pretty boomy.

After hacking the guides off and reversing the connectors, I can use spiral dots, which clean up the bass.

Bass is also somewhat sensitive to source.

Would be great to see a version of these that worked for most folks out of the box, because they'd make really easy recommendations/gifts. Especially if they shipped with a cable that was suitable wear down as well as up. Lots of folks find over-ear cable routing to be a non-starter.
You simply need a worse fitting IEMs for these. I use MH755 big eartips. The bass is big, but more subbassy than midbassy.

Nov 12, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #44,717 of 101,088
Yep, according to reviews, they have a good bass... Now I am thinking: to get these or Dunu Falcon C or EX800ST. I'm not a basshead, but I just dislike undefined bass which will just make it all monotone and will lack texture.
I'm not sure about the other two since I don't have or hear them yet. But in term of price DR2 is really a bang for bucks IEM for sure.

Nov 12, 2019 at 3:17 AM Post #44,720 of 101,088
Yeah. I guess I'll just wait so I can get EX800ST as these are supposedly very deep in terms of bass quality. If I won't have enough for 800ST, I will get No. 3s.

Which IEMs have a great bass quality (I can stand any quantity)?

For me personally the A6 has the best quality/quantity ratio for bass. I should have my A6 Mini later today if my colleague returned from China as planned yesterday and can let you know how it compares in the bass department.

The NiceHCK NX7 does also have very good bass quality albeit less quantity than the A6. The new NX7 Pro for $89 would probably be a better alternative today but I haven't heard it yet myself...

Nov 12, 2019 at 3:23 AM Post #44,721 of 101,088
For me personally the A6 has the best quality/quantity ratio for bass. I should have my A6 Mini later today if my colleague returned from China as planned yesterday and can let you know how it compares in the bass department.

The NiceHCK NX7 does also have very good bass quality albeit less quantity than the A6. The new NX7 Pro for $89 would probably be a better alternative today but I haven't heard it yet myself...

What about Audiosense T800? They should have similar bass to Anole VX due to fully BA bass. They should have speed and texture, but not depth. Asking cause I bought T800 yesterday and I am questioning did I do a good decision with them.

Nov 12, 2019 at 3:54 AM Post #44,722 of 101,088
What about Audiosense T800? They should have similar bass to Anole VX due to fully BA bass. They should have speed and texture, but not depth. Asking cause I bought T800 yesterday and I am questioning did I do a good decision with them.

I'm sorry but I've never heard them. They do seem to be highly regarded by others though.

Nov 12, 2019 at 4:56 AM Post #44,725 of 101,088
I also listen to a lot of metal. So far the most impressive sound for guitar has come from LZ A6. For the lower price, I think you could do with TRN V90, the separation of which is above the price. Or the Sennheiser IE 40 Pro for everything.
So I managed to buy LZ A6 for $211 with the AE coupons. Thank you for the recommendation. I wonder why it is not popular (here, youtube). It was not much hyped, but some guys on HeadFi really like this IEM. Hope to join the gang :D

Nov 12, 2019 at 5:31 AM Post #44,726 of 101,088
So I managed to buy LZ A6 for $211 with the AE coupons. Thank you for the recommendation. I wonder why it is not popular (here, youtube). It was not much hyped, but some guys on HeadFi really like this IEM. Hope to join the gang :D

Nice! You will be overwhelmed by the technical abilities of A6 I'm sure.

Nov 12, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #44,727 of 101,088
Nov 12, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #44,730 of 101,088
Guys,

Are there any planar IEMs under $100?

When I last looked on Taobao, even the raw planar drivers (like what's in the MT100 and ToneKing BL1) were more than $100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back