The discovery thread!
Sep 9, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #43,697 of 100,642
Anyone here got their kbear hi7?

Yes :wink:

20190906_143821.jpg

Sep 9, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #43,698 of 100,642
flavor of the whole year is Blon BL03 sounding like a 200$ earphone for 30$

While I don't have a BLON BL03, the MH755 could be argued as another contender for flavor of the year.

I think for the past 1 year the gap in quality between the budget FI segment and mid Fi segment has been getting narrower. Like for example, the KZ ZS10 Pro can give me about 80 -90% of sound quality of my Westone W30 for a fraction of the price.
Maybe there's an element of "overcharging" from the midfi/TOTL western brand segment, but I think these western brands do R&D and marketing and of course price is subjective to the consumer.
For myself at least, I will go for the best price performance ratio, which is usually the CHIFI budget to midfi segment.
It is really amazing that the budget CHIFI segment have evolved so fast, this is very good for us consumers. My hope is in the next few years, there might be some CHIFI IEMs that can compete with TOTL western brands.

Well given the theft of Knowles production equipment and trade secrets for Belsing...seems to me the gap was closed quickly in a shady way. I wonder if this gap will level off or if the gap will once again grow. It depends if the theft results in a temporary gain or permanent gain. Kind of sad in a way, I remember working at a Knowles facility (no longer owned by Knowles) had an actual vault in the building because the founder was so paranoid his trade secrets would be stolen...and here we are.

Sep 9, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #43,701 of 100,642
What tips do the hi7 come with? I felt the TRI I4 improved a decent bit with the JVC Spiral Dots on them.
See photo. I just mounted Spiral Dots (replacing the big black widebores) and they added some life and depth...but the sound could still be deeper. Oh...sibilance...and the classic Chifi peak at 2-4 kHz kicking in. Upper midrange is piercing.

Definitely not a terrible iem and a somewhat new, overly clean signature to my ears. And it can't be that every new Chifi budget earphone of late needs special third-party tips to sound ok.

72gMPo4.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #43,702 of 100,642
What tips do the hi7 come with? I felt the TRI I4 improved a decent bit with the JVC Spiral Dots on them.

Yeah, I'm also using the SD on the I4.

Haven't checked the tips in the Hi7 boks yet. They fit a bit strange (like most models with this design do in my ears) so for now I'm using them with some biflange SpinFit tips.

Because of the fit and the placement of the vent (on the ear side of the shells) I don't want to say more about the sound yet. In my experience IEM's with this vent placement can vary greatly in sound depending how they're placed in the ear.

One thing I can mention though is that these are not open back. Like most other IEM's with a similar design it's just looks no functionality, the Simgot EN700 variations is another example of this from the top of my mind.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #43,703 of 100,642

Thank you for this great review. But can you please elaborate a bit more on the B400 comparison. Just had right nozzle broke on B400 so I'm looking for something built like a tank with good comfort and fit for outside use, work, gym and maybe nap time.
Soundwise i enjoyed B400 but only after I eq'd them. I'm using poweramp on android and with bass and treble preset (I changed the preset just a bit, I've added highs and detract the lows). I'm also using Ifi xdsd.
Do you think I might like OH10 after having bumped lows and highs on B400?
Thanx

I'd advise you take a very serious look at the BQEYZ Spring1 as it comes closest to what you are looking for.

Sep 9, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #43,708 of 100,642
Yeah, I'm also using the SD on the I4.

Haven't checked the tips in the Hi7 boks yet. They fit a bit strange (like most models with this design do in my ears) so for now I'm using them with some biflange SpinFit tips.

Because of the fit and the placement of the vent (on the ear side of the shells) I don't want to say more about the sound yet. In my experience IEM's with this vent placement can vary greatly in sound depending how they're placed in the ear.

One thing I can mention though is that these are not open back. Like most other IEM's with a similar design it's just looks no functionality, the Simgot EN700 variations is another example of this from the top of my mind.

Oh so its the same like v90 too, just a facelifted to be looked like semi open back. I was hoping a real semi open back iem for use in situation that i need to aware about my surroundings. Probably i can take them off from my curiousity list then unless they are better than recent hot stars zsx (mine is coming), v90, spring 1 (coming too), bl-03 (different price but very good reviews around, might just give it a shot), cnt-1. Thanks for your info Peter

Sep 9, 2019 at 9:28 PM Post #43,710 of 100,642
Hype train Choo choo
The Blons are very clean sounding single DDs that excel by their great tonal accuracy and balance: that is they reproduce sounds very naturally, maybe with a touch of (too much) brightness added. I perceive them in essence as the small brother of the Drop + JVC HA-FDX1, an absolute killer earphone.

The Blons are good for serious listening at home, not so much for on the go...I'd prefer the more robust sounding TRN V90 for out of the house.

In summary, I just mentioned three very good earphones. Speaking of hype trains, some earlier analysts must have missed it in the station.

UPDATE: $28 right now...that's a cheap train.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back