The discovery thread!
Jan 1, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #41,056 of 100,464
I think they are great if you're very poor and still want something decent sounding as you can find them for $10 nowadays. Do you use them regularly? No, I don't think so.

I'm not going to discuss about it. I I'm not even sure if the ones I have are MH755. I own them. They're great sounding iems that I would recommend as outstanding for the price to everyone and that's all.
And I'm 100% honest when I say that if someone own or try them, I'm sure he/she would agree that they sound great. Anyway, very happy to read your opinion since you owned them :beerchug:

Jan 1, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #41,058 of 100,464
Hey guys! Happy new year! Hope you guys are having fun. :)

Here is another question for you.

Which IEMs under $200 have a nice wide soundstage?
LZ A4.

Jan 1, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #41,060 of 100,464

I would also say the LZ A6 mini should as well. Haven't heard it but he always tries to tune it in, the new housing has room being only the piezo and the dynamic, and I have had and heard about other piezo dynamic hybrids(CB1000, DC1, Intime's models, etc.) and they always have a larger stage. Piezos have that kind of airy roomy well extended highs which is their draw and they can mate well to the dynamic.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #41,062 of 100,464
Went to the store today and am currently taking these for a test drive...

Pretty impressive in the early going. Handsome, well built, light enough at 205 grams. Need to get used to the placement of the controls a bit and run them in still. Want to test out a few cables. Nice sounding so far. Not really reviewed like an "XX" as they are pretty balanced and not so bass heavy and the bass function on BT is more about adding texture and layering and also adds to the whole range with a boost in the clarity to the signature and perhaps some more treble to go along with the a bit of bass boost. More of an all rounder than I thought but that is fine with me. Bought them since I had been wanting to try them out and headphones still have that more substantial air moving bass presence that even pricey earphones don't quite do even if they have quality and detail and things technical. They just don't react with the outer ear being in-ears of course. Bigger drivers like 40mm and above can just do that Omnipotent bass thing that small drivers don't mimic that well esp. under $500. These should be fun and great for the winter doubling as muffs :)

So, some random thoughts after spending the last couple of mornings using them...
upload_2019-1-1_12-53-58.png

Still had the pipeline ET-1 cable back from the Mikros 90 days. :) As with the Mikros a bit of a sound upgrade and a nice color match on the "XX" here. Will put more hours on the stock cable but it seems it pushes towards a thicker "XX" sound sig though fun so not in a bad way but not gonna get the drivers potential out of them I would say.

I'll start with the cable. Thick and more slick shiny style which is good for less rubbing snagging but still the usual JVC sheathing that stiffens in the cold. Not much of an issue for a head phone like with in-ears that unseat themselves but still something for years I have wanted JVC and other Japanese brands to change. Pipeline cable stays supple out in the cold.

Spent two morning out using the JVC. They have been growing on me quite a bit.

Comfort is great. Nice protein leather looking pads and headband padding that you can see is ample. Pretty firm. Does sink in some more after wearing and warming like a good memory foam. the wide band and the padding make for a stable fit with good weight spreading. Pads are 75mm across so decent size for an on ear and you can see the good surface area which also helps them stay on. I like lighter cans but shooting hoops and hitting a racquetball around was very do-able and I read some reviews earlier that some thought they did well running with these. Isolation is above average with the nice pads. Just light enough at 206 grams and it is distributed well

The build outside of the padding is nice. You can aim/angle the drivers on the ear since the construction is tight and these will not creak or make any noise. Even the button click is not annoying like with some BT cans. There is the rubber padding on the front that protects them so they seem well built and designed to be durable. Adjustment of the headband is done with good strong locking click and they won't adjust your level by accident unless real force is applied.

Design could use a few improvements. JVC seems afraid to make buttons stick out meaning you have to feel for them a bit more. Yes, the volume has a raised mark on the + side and so does the power button but they should make them stick out and be more easily identifiable. Also spreading them around the whole right ear cup does makes you accidentally press buttons if you are adjusting the cups. Not a big deal as you get used to how to grip them so as not to press the BASS button or play pause with a thumb. No deal breaking issue with the buttons but more time is needed to get used to using them.

So far, while using BT, I'm thinking BASS on is how they sound best. A bit bigger and more fun. Depends on the device. Some say there is no difference over BT but I'll argue big time. I have a Ruizu that is quite neutral and much more cool and thinner over BT than my A45. My JNN M9 is sightly more balanced than the A45 but close in signature. Good to have the BASS button to choose to add a layer of meat to the notes and have it for the thinner X51 sig. The Boost is indeed well done. Sometimes hard to tell it is on because it is well done just meating everything up some to counter outside noise. They seem to put a decent chip inside so they don't seem to lose anything, perhaps sound a little better over BT esp. with aptX. A better cable than stock is needed to push the SQ ahead in wired mode. Though for now these need more hours on them both the drivers and stock cable.

That leads me to the BT prompts. No voice prompts like other things. My Sony had them and even my cheaper Chinese BT stuff says "connected" or "pairing complete" or whatever. Just differentiable beeps for on and paired and shutting down. Single beep for play, pause, and other controls. Voice commands for BASS ON and OFF and BT connected and such would have been nicer.

NFC is nice on the outer and lower part of the left ear cup. So easy to connect and quick too. Just a surprising few seconds it took to tap to my A45 and it paired them right off the bat even thought the JVC was off. Easy to do while wearing the cans which is nice.

BT has been strong and stable so far. Some very quick chirps when shooting the basketball with the X51 on the left side of my body which was remedied by clipping it to my left. of course this is due to the Ruizu not being the best for BT transmission. Sony and JNN M9 have strong BT and have no issues even through walls.

Battery - haven't thought about it. Did plug in in once and it has the standard LED indicators(red = charging, off is charged) but with 40 hours and 10 minutes for 3 hours of play there are no battery worries at all. Of course nice to not even worry about it or just plug them in while in the shower to get more than enough is great.

Happy with what I paid for them. Not a great deal at their list price($149) or the $120 I bought them at. Not to do with the headphones or the SQ but no case and the cable could be a bit better. Well worth the price at what I paid but not a great deal unless it came with a decent case at least.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #41,063 of 100,464
looking back its nice to see where this thread has gone but i never forget where it came from cheers to 2019

Attachments

• 1964295.jpg
    1964295.jpg
    560.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 2135737.jpg
    2135737.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 0
Jan 2, 2019 at 2:14 AM Post #41,064 of 100,464
This new year break was quite satisfying, and it had to be so. Took a satisfying listen out of the Kanas Pro this evening with a shot of Suntory Toki.

The other day I decided to give my Titan 3s another listen as the sad metal bois havent been picked up for a month since the Kanas Pro arrived. Also was craving some midrange details, so said why not?

Plugged them in and eq'd out the 4k peak a little bit. Sounded coherent and exciting. Listened to them for two hours straight. I was almost certain that I would keep these as beaters, but then I plugged the Kanas Pro in again, and immediately recognized the difference. Better decay and definition all around.

I judge sibilance through this track off the Akira soundtrack, Kaneda fron Akira Symphonic Suite. Initially I dug it out for to test imaging but the opening of the track is way too harsh for most IEMs I have tried, such as the Titan 3 and the f9 pros. They sound a whole lot bearable in the Kanas Pro. Also I noticed that the pressure from the Titan 3 is a whole lot more than the kanas Pro. Wonder how the it01s sound on them.

On another note, I had also ordered the TRN V20s two months before. Dont know if the brand is banned or not. Terrible fit and hilarious build. Decided to take a listen to them, and housing just came apart.

Also had the NiceHCK Black Friday IEM. And I would say it's money well spent, goddamn that one's a looker. Presentation was beautiful as well.

Anyway folks, may your resolutions come true and may you find nirvana in your quest to achieve endgame. Happy (laaaate) new year, all.

Jan 2, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #41,065 of 100,464
i really like that the Kanas and Kanas pro are starting to get recognized now as they both are special sounding to me. i have it for quite a while now from the early time it came out. still my favorite single DD to this day

Jan 2, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #41,066 of 100,464
i really like that the Kanas and Kanas pro are starting to get recognized now as they both are special sounding to me. i have it for quite a while now from the early time it came out. still my favorite single DD to this day

What exactly is the difference between the two? Is it just a few more DB added to the sub bass of the Kanas or are the rest of the frequencies affected also? Do you know if they have the same driver, does the Kanas have the same sounstage, detail retrieval and overall sound with the Pro?

I am not sure which one to get, from what I've read I'm afraid the Pro might be too lean. I want the one with a similar amount of bass with the FH5, Final E5000, E4000, ZS6, King Pro, IT01 but not to go over that amount as it becomes bothering. I find the F9 Pro, DC1, Tin T2, EZ D4 too lacking. Which one do you think is better? Does the Kanas Pro respond well to EQ and have the bass adjusted to sound the same with the Kanas?

This new year break was quite satisfying, and it had to be so. Took a satisfying listen out of the Kanas Pro this evening with a shot of Suntory Toki.

The other day I decided to give my Titan 3s another listen as the sad metal bois havent been picked up for a month since the Kanas Pro arrived. Also was craving some midrange details, so said why not?

Plugged them in and eq'd out the 4k peak a little bit. Sounded coherent and exciting. Listened to them for two hours straight. I was almost certain that I would keep these as beaters, but then I plugged the Kanas Pro in again, and immediately recognized the difference. Better decay and definition all around.

I judge sibilance through this track off the Akira soundtrack, Kaneda fron Akira Symphonic Suite. Initially I dug it out for to test imaging but the opening of the track is way too harsh for most IEMs I have tried, such as the Titan 3 and the f9 pros. They sound a whole lot bearable in the Kanas Pro. Also I noticed that the pressure from the Titan 3 is a whole lot more than the kanas Pro. Wonder how the it01s sound on them.

On another note, I had also ordered the TRN V20s two months before. Dont know if the brand is banned or not. Terrible fit and hilarious build. Decided to take a listen to them, and housing just came apart.

Also had the NiceHCK Black Friday IEM. And I would say it's money well spent, goddamn that one's a looker. Presentation was beautiful as well.

Anyway folks, may your resolutions come true and may you find nirvana in your quest to achieve endgame. Happy (laaaate) new year, all.

How would you compare the bass of the Kanas Pro with the F9 Pro? I think the bass on the F9 Pro is too subdued.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #41,067 of 100,464
What exactly is the difference between the two? Is it just a few more DB added to the sub bass of the Kanas or are the rest of the frequencies affected also? Do you know if they have the same driver, does the Kanas have the same sounstage, detail retrieval and overall sound with the Pro?

I am not sure which one to get, from what I've read I'm afraid the Pro might be too lean. I want the one with a similar amount of bass with the FH5, Final E5000, E4000, ZS6, King Pro, IT01 but not to go over that amount as it becomes bothering. I find the F9 Pro, DC1, Tin T2, EZ D4 too lacking. Which one do you think is better? Does the Kanas Pro respond well to EQ and have the bass adjusted to sound the same with the Kanas?
they use the same driver, the kanas pro is not lean, it can take bass eq well, it can be bass monster if you want

Jan 2, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #41,068 of 100,464

i haven't tried using eq on the Kpro, but in my opinion they are just different in sound response. i have only tried the King Pro and T2 out of your list, and if you want similar to the King Pro's bass, you should go with the Regular Kanas

Jan 2, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #41,069 of 100,464
i haven't tried using eq on the Kpro, but in my opinion they are just different in sound response. i have only tried the King Pro and T2 out of your list, and if you want similar to the King Pro's bass, you should go with the Regular Kanas
hey you have Highsenior B5+ too, how do you like the sound, i love them, such a dark creamy sound with a lot of details on top, just gorgeous with the right tips

Jan 2, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #41,070 of 100,464
hey you have Highsenior B5+ too, how do you like the sound, i love them, such a dark creamy sound with a lot of details on top, just gorgeous with the right tips

love it! and it's kinda doing it's own thing, not similar to my other iems or earbuds, so in a way it is special. one of my go to iem especially for vocals

Users who are viewing this thread

Back