The discovery thread!
Oct 26, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #38,671 of 101,013
Look forward to your take on them. I can't say I am not tempted to grab a pair since they will be on sale on 11/11. I am hoping MD will have them sooner than later.
Will report back ASAP.

Oct 26, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #38,673 of 101,013
i only do special burn in time when it sounds unsatisfactory at first listen, so i put it away while it plays for a couple of hours, hoping it would change for the better.

if i straight up like it from the start, then i just use it normally and let it burn naturally while listening.

Oct 26, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #38,674 of 101,013
Oct 26, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #38,675 of 101,013
Don't respond well to EQ in Bass. The only thing.
always you plan to boost any region with eq, don't forget to precut (every frequency) same amount of dB than you are going to boost.

i've made the test with audbos p4 (same drivers than tenhz p4 pro), precut -6dB, sub-bass boost of +6dB, and you get more sub-bass while not distorted.
the idea is to tame all frequencies except the "boosted" region, which remains at same level than before.
of course you need a player which supports precut; i'm using rockbox.

Oct 26, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #38,676 of 101,013
it's curious..many people say that analytical iems are boring. after some hours listening to audbos p4, playlist with diversity of music genres, i feel bored and tired of its warmth, and need a ration of crystalline toneking t4 (supposedly "bass anemic"). definitely, i much prefer t4 than p4. am i so weird?

Oct 26, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #38,677 of 101,013
All this talk about burn in, i TRIED to do burn in yesterday but i failed just like i always failed. Will try to do today but i keep listening to the iem's.

The tips that i am using with p4. Small, shaped like a U instead of an traditional
( ), in my imagination the it working like an CIEM. I tried double flange with a super open hole(don't know the name) that seemed find but less comfortable. This one has a smaller hole but it's not small to the point of giving a bump in the bass.

So you prefer this to the dmg?

Oct 26, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #38,678 of 101,013
it's curious..many people say that analytical iems are boring. after some hours listening to audbos p4, playlist with diversity of music genres, i feel bored and tired of its warmth, and need a ration of crystalline toneking t4 (supposedly "bass anemic"). definitely, i much prefer t4 than p4. am i so weird?
I love, I mean love the CL2 planar. It is so transparent, somewhat analytical, but I prefer it over any of the campfire audio offerings, and a slam dunk over the vega and the atlas.
So, NO, you are not the only one.
I wouldn't call the CL2 bass anemic though, it has the most responsive planar bass I have ever heard, but doesn't bleed into the mids at all.
Edit: bass is great, but if not done right, it is boring to listen to.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #38,679 of 101,013
FYI, since it was mentioned in this thread, the $153 presale for the dm6 was confirmed by bgvp to be fake.

The seller is audio & video professional store. If you put the deposit in, don't pay the rest when it's due.

On to my question.

Which one of these between the p4 and dm6 would have the closest signature to the CA Andromedas.... I really want to mess around with DSP and EQ to see how close I can replicate the sound of the Andromedas (just sold my pair of andros) for cheap.

Oct 26, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #38,680 of 101,013
So you prefer this to the dmg?

I can't say that that because Dmg is growing on me also. Love both. The Dmg's can be a bass beast if you eq the bass, have awesome detail retrieval, sound Big and Perfectly controlled and coherent and are more comfortable on my ears. The thenz is analitycal and yet fun. I love both.

Oct 26, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #38,681 of 101,013
FYI, since it was mentioned in this thread, the $153 presale for the dm6 was confirmed by bgvp to be fake.

The seller is audio & video professional store. If you put the deposit in, don't pay the rest when it's due.

On to my question.

Which one of these between the p4 and dm6 would have the closest signature to the CA Andromedas.... I really want to mess around with DSP and EQ to see how close I can replicate the sound of the Andromedas (just sold my pair of andros) for cheap.
SO... Of the remaining Aliexpress Sellers, who is safe or safest to buy BGVP DM6 from now?

Oct 26, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #38,682 of 101,013
Anybody on here actually order the BL1? I messaged ToneKing AE store since they don't sell their own product which is strange.

Oct 26, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #38,683 of 101,013
SO... Of the remaining Aliexpress Sellers, who is safe or safest to buy BGVP DM6 from now?
You can order them on Amazon and get them delivered this Sunday for $130 or MD for $115 and get them in Nov/Dec.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back