The discovery thread!
Jun 1, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #36,511 of 100,483
A little off topic, I haven't tried 99c in balanced, does it sound better in balanced mode?
Is it worth getting a balanced cable for 99c
Being balanced in itself will not make anything sound "better". It depends on the source and more specifically the way the source's balanced output is engineered.

Jun 1, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #36,512 of 100,483
I received my HK6 a couple of days ago and have been listening to them off and on since...first impressions are very favorable! I have been dabbling in the cheaper KZ line and other IEMs in the under $100 range. These are definitely next level and it is obvious in the tuning. I really didn't expect 6 BAs to sound so coherent

Jun 1, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #36,513 of 100,483
Bold words! Especially considering how much praise the es100's SQ gets. In what ways does it blow the es100 out of the water?

Ps I love the es100, but I wouldn't complain if it also served as a dap, hence my interest in the m0.

Edit: I see you have provided more input (which I am reading now)

Like the small DAP plus BT amp thing so things like the Radsone are no longer on my radar when you don't have both. Getting an Hidiz AP80. Say I'm at the park and notice the Yankee game is starting. I can just turn it on. Good luck trying that with a Radsone or M0:ksc75smile:. No FM, no sports talk or ball games. We all have different needs even in a small ultra-portable BT device.

IMO the strength of the es100 (other than output power) is less the sound itself, more the app's system wide application of fine grained volume controls, sound settings & eq functionality.

Since I use a Sony A45 mainly, the app was pretty useless for me. Was hoping they would include more on board control in the next one.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #36,514 of 100,483
Being balanced in itself will not make anything sound "better". It depends on the source and more specifically the way the source's balanced output is engineered.
Yeah that's there.
But I don't know if you have noticed in sd7 plus in balanced mode. It really sounds to have a 3d feel and a wider sound stage. When switching from single to balanced, the change in sound is not so evident or prominent on hk6 as it is on sd7 plus. That's what I feel.
So was just wondering if anything special in having 99c in balanced.
With the gear I have I can definitely say it sounds better in balanced. Pioneer xdp30r uses dual DAC in balanced and sounds really good. But some earphones/ headphones don't respond in the same manner.

Jun 1, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #36,515 of 100,483
Just received some images of my Hisenior B8, this might even be the exact IEM I'll receive! They look so cool, I never knew that I wanted a transparent IEM. :)
10121668.jpg

HTB1Uec1uKuSBuNjSsziq6zq8pXa2.jpg

They are now 500$ again on Ali, crazy that I got them for 300$ through the New Year discount! :xf_eek:

Attachments

• HTB19RfxmsyYBuNkSnfoq6AWgVXat.jpg
    HTB19RfxmsyYBuNkSnfoq6AWgVXat.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 1, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #36,516 of 100,483
Like the small DAP plus BT amp thing so things like the Radsone are no longer on my radar when you don't have both. Getting an Hidiz AP80. Say I'm at the park and notice the Yankee game is starting. I can just turn it on. Good luck trying that with a Radsone or M0:ksc75smile:. No FM, no sports talk or ball games. We all have different needs even in a small ultra-portable BT device.

Since I use a Sony A45 mainly, the app was pretty useless for me. Was hoping they would include more on board control in the next one.

In Norway they don't broadcast in FM anymore, all DAB ha ha....

I do listen to a lot of radio with the Radsone though, internet channel through UAPP works great for me.

Jun 1, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #36,517 of 100,483

^^This :)

Jun 1, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #36,518 of 100,483
Just received some images of my Hisenior B8, this might even be the exact IEM I'll receive! They look so cool, I never knew that I wanted a transparent IEM. :)
10121668.jpg

HTB1Uec1uKuSBuNjSsziq6zq8pXa2.jpg

They are now 500$ again on Ali, crazy that I got them for 300$ through the New Year discount! :xf_eek:
Very nice, cable is also looks beautiful ,
Waiting for your early impressions ,

Jun 1, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #36,519 of 100,483
A little off topic, I haven't tried 99c in balanced, does it sound better in balanced mode?
Is it worth getting a balanced cable for 99c
For me I noticed better separation. Sounds great from both the 300R and ES100. The Meze cable is expensive, i got lucky and got a discount on a custom cable from Triton, I see one member got a decent balanced cable for cheap from China on eBay .

The bigger change came from swapping on Brainwavz Sheepskin pads.

Jun 1, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #36,521 of 100,483

I won't know unless my long lost balanced cable from aliexpress surprises me and shows up. Darn, I finally have a balanced gizmo (Radsone ES100), but the darned cable is MIA!

Indeed we do. I was initially interested in the Cayin N3, but I really wanted better bluetooth receive capability, so I eventually ended up with the BTR1 (lost) and then the ES100. VERY happy with the ES100, but I wouldn't complain if it was also a DAP :)

One issue with the M0 is that I'd want it to be clip-able. I'll have to read the thread some more to see if that's possible (maybe with a case?). But something that small really should have a clip built on imo.

Also, it would have to sound as good as the ES100 in bluetooth receive mode.

If I do end up getting the M0 one day, the ES100 will happily fill in as my desktop dac.

Jun 1, 2018 at 8:59 PM Post #36,522 of 100,483
Very tragic what happened to my LZ A5. Apparently the highs BA on the right side of the A5 decided to only throw out about 30% of sound out of the blue. I noticed when I was doing the A/B with the HK6 the A5 sounding a bit off a bit too much. I spent the day trying to wake up the BA by blasting music though it but nothing came about. I tried using different filters and even off setting filters to see if I can equalize the off setting treble. Didn't quite work. The sound of the right side is decidedly warmer due to the high BA not working correct. I am sure my A5 is very defective at this point and will call it a loss. The only other issue I have ever had with an earphone was when I bought a new A83 fidue and the bass was distorting on one side of he earphones. Was the dynamic on that one but otherwise I have been fairly lucky with earphones. This one is a dud.:triportsad:

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #36,523 of 100,483
I won't know unless my long lost balanced cable from aliexpress surprises me and shows up. Darn, I finally have a balanced gizmo (Radsone ES100), but the darned cable is MIA!

Indeed we do. I was initially interested in the Cayin N3, but I really wanted better bluetooth receive capability, so I eventually ended up with the BTR1 (lost) and then the ES100. VERY happy with the ES100, but I wouldn't complain if it was also a DAP :)

One issue with the M0 is that I'd want it to be clip-able. I'll have to read the thread some more to see if that's possible (maybe with a case?). But something that small really should have a clip built on imo.

Also, it would have to sound as good as the ES100 in bluetooth receive mode.

If I do end up getting the M0 one day, the ES100 will happily fill in as my desktop dac.
I have this on my Fiio M3. Works great.

The Original Clip (Black) - Belt Clip https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C4MHPKE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_rbFeBbNGXT6ZG

Jun 1, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #36,524 of 100,483
Very tragic what happened to my LZ A5. Apparently the highs BA on the right side of the A5 decided to only throw out about 30% of sound out of the blue. I noticed when I was doing the A/B with the HK6 the A5 sounding a bit off a bit too much. I spent the day trying to wake up the BA by blasting music though it but nothing came about. I tried using different filters and even off setting filters to see if I can equalize the off setting treble. Didn't quite work. The sound of the right side is decidedly warmer due to the high BA not working correct. I am sure my A5 is very defective at this point and will call it a loss. The only other issue I have ever had with an earphone was when I bought a new A83 fidue and the bass was distorting on one side of he earphones. Was the dynamic on that one but otherwise I have been fairly lucky with earphones. This one is a dud.:triportsad:

Bad news. When you say "blasting music though it", what volume were you using? My old PFE111 did a similar thing to me back in the day. I did "fix" it by doing the "blasting music though it" thing, but it didn't work until I maxed the volume out - needless to say don't wear the thing when trying this. The driver made an audible click then the volume misbalance was gone. Fiddly things these BAs:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back