The discovery thread!
May 31, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #36,481 of 99,779
I agree here. But Bhazard and I both own the LZ A5 and I can tell you the HK6 don't have bass emphasis that exceeds the A5. Lol. I will have to do a more closer comparison in the bass area between the two later on using a splitter. But just from memory these two should have very similar levels of bass but certainly not more.

I expect all the HK6 earphones to behave in a similar manor since they are all supposed to have the same drivers and tuning in them. So the one thing that I did notice was a shift in tonality after a weeks straight of non stop music played through them at medium volumes. I am expecting bhazards to do the same. If not then I will eventually hear his and will find out if SQ variation exists on these.

May 31, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #36,483 of 99,779
I got the flc8d yesterday and unsurprisingly it's a winner. Flc still make the best hybrids in this price segment and know how to tune their stuff. The sd7 plus sounds quite unnatural in comparison. If only I could put the 8d drivers in the sd7 shells.

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #36,485 of 99,779
So these seems to be a good deal. They sell a wider bored foam tip here might give these a try for a $10 spot. You can choose a narrow bored tip or wider bored tip. I say go wide.
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/dekoni-bulletz-earphone-tips
MD-28662_20161013141348_b4e4f264136e20b4.jpg

May 31, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #36,486 of 99,779
So these seems to be a good deal. They sell a wider bored foam tip here might give these a try for a $10 spot. You can choose a narrow bored tip or wider bored tip. I say go wide.
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/dekoni-bulletz-earphone-tips

$10.00 plus $2.75 shipping. The options are 3 small, 3 medium, 3 large, or one pair of each size. I decided to try them although I don't usually like foams.

Thanks.

May 31, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #36,487 of 99,779
I'm definitely going to give it more time, as it does everything else right. I switched cables, added Spiral Dots... unless it really does burn in and lose a good 6db in the upper bass/low mids, I can't see it changing that much over time. I'm leaning more toward a variation in manufacturing and being different than yours.
Have you try a pure silver cable with your HK6,?
because as i remember the all impressions from Dsnuts are with his pure silver cable ,
maybe different materials cables made some variations in the sound signature ,

May 31, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #36,488 of 99,779
Have you try a pure silver cable with your HK6,?
because as i remember the all impressions from Dsnuts are with his pure silver cable ,
maybe different materials cables made some variations in the sound signature ,

Tried many cables, including an 8 core. It's not the cable.

It's not that the bass is boosted too much, it's that the lower mids are boosted so much they sound hollow, mixed in with upper bass bleed. A measurement can show this, which I'll try to do this weekend.

May 31, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #36,489 of 99,779
Just got my Shanling M0 in the mail, and WOW. It sounds absolutely incredible. Just wonderful. It even sounds much better than my previous LG V30 by a good margin. I’m currently using it as a Bluetooth receiver (AAC) on my iPhone X since I need to buy a good micro SD card, and I’m just in audio heaven. The HK6 sounds infinitely better this way; dynamics have improved tenfold and everything is an improvement. This is my first DAP and first Shanling product. More impressions on the way!

May 31, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #36,490 of 99,779
Ya it don't surprise the sonics are better on the Shanlings. I will most certainly get one when I get back from vacation. When it comes to sound tuning Shanling got it going on. Those guys have a good ear for good sonics for certain.

May 31, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #36,492 of 99,779
Just got my Shanling M0 in the mail, and WOW. It sounds absolutely incredible. Just wonderful. It even sounds much better than my previous LG V30 by a good margin. I’m currently using it as a Bluetooth receiver (AAC) on my iPhone X since I need to buy a good micro SD card, and I’m just in audio heaven. The HK6 sounds infinitely better this way; dynamics have improved tenfold and everything is an improvement. This is my first DAP and first Shanling product. More impressions on the way!
Can you stream Spotify from your phone with this??

May 31, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #36,493 of 99,779
Wow, sounds great! Please tell me: how does that bluetooth construction work?

May 31, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #36,494 of 99,779
Can you stream Spotify from your phone with this??
Just an FYI, the Radsone ES100 is the same price and will allow Spotify from the phone to it since it's a BT receiver plus it has a balanced out. Has great reviews from members on here, just got mine today but I'm at work and it's at home waiting for me lol

May 31, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #36,495 of 99,779
Just an FYI, the Radsone ES100 is the same price and will allow Spotify from the phone to it since it's a BT receiver plus it has a balanced out. Has great reviews from members on here, just got mine today but I'm at work and it's at home waiting for me lol
OK thanks very much for the tip. Looking forward for your feedback on this one then

Users who are viewing this thread

Back