The discovery thread!
May 9, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #35,942 of 100,464
I am excited to see what you guys have to say about the HK6. I am certain you all are gonna be impressed. Give them time to soak into your senses and I am sure you will agree. Will be worth your hard earned money for a pair.

May 9, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #35,943 of 100,464
please can you tell me where to buy that cable?
The store is a banned seller, can not be publicly talked about

May 9, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #35,945 of 100,464
After you put the code in there. Did the price change?

No, you need to place an order without actualy paying for it, after that the store will adjust the price and notify you via email and will provide a link with a new price

May 9, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #35,946 of 100,464
Screenshot_20180509-211251_AliExpress.jpg

May 9, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #35,947 of 100,464
I thanked Jim for being very cool on the whole head-fier discount thing. That is something he didn't have to do but is doing to support the community. And I had no idea he was planning to not have a limit on when he will discontinue that code. That is beyond what we were asking for him.

Would be even cooler if the rest of his merchandise had the same discount. Lol. When you guys check out after purchasing. Please leave a little thank you note to Jim. Guy deserves it.

May 9, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #35,948 of 100,464
Just received the SD7 I got from last sale... First impressions out of the box are quite positive, am liking the treble energy and the sparkle. Isolation seems to be excellent, too. I am not too sure about the bass, sounds a bit loose, to my ears. Could well improve with burn in though.

I essentially discarded all accessories that were packaged with them (remember Dsnuts saying they were not good) and went with a 8-core silver and copper cable from Aliexpress, plus Spiral Dots. Put them to burn in on a DX90. We'll see how they'll be in a week or so:). In any case, thanks for the heads-up on these, @Dsnuts , definitely worth the $127 I paid for them :) .

Funny thing is that I expect my HK6 to arrive in a couple of days, too... so they might well steal the SD7's show :) .

May 9, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #35,949 of 100,464
You got the hybrid SD7 and not the plus model correct? So they came up with a new all black one. Don't know if you guys saw this. I just noticed they are using an impoved mmcx female end on these black shells.
HTB1AI1shH5YBuNjSspoq6zeNFXaq.jpg

I would most definitely burn them in, the bass will be a bit wooly on open listen. HK6 will be a nice upgrade to the SD7s sound but it doesn't diminish the good sonics on the SD7. Still have them in my earphone rotation.

Last edited:
May 9, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #35,950 of 100,464
You got the hybrid SD7 and not the plus model correct? So they came up with a new all black one. Don't know if you guys saw this. I just noticed they are using an impoved mmcx female end on these black shells.
HTB1AI1shH5YBuNjSspoq6zeNFXaq.jpg

I would most definitely burn them in, the bass will be a bit wooly on open listen. HK6 will be a nice upgrade to the SD7s sound but it doesn't diminish the good sonics on the SD7. Still have them in my earphone rotation.
This black one looks more beautiful ,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back