The discovery thread!
May 8, 2018 at 9:08 AM Post #35,897 of 100,489
A little update on my DZ12. They got my DZ12 done. I am sure it is going through QC process.
HTB1NudiquGSBuNjSspbq6AiipXab.jpg

Sooper stoked!

Last edited:
May 8, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #35,898 of 100,489
I think I missed out to mention that there are lots of features on EarStudio ES100 like an app to control the settings. But for me stand out features were 2.5 mm balanced output and really awesome battery life on such a small and light device..
At least for me it was a happy ending for backing this Kickstarter project.

May 8, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #35,900 of 100,489
I think I missed out to mention that there are lots of features on EarStudio ES100 like an app to control the settings. But for me stand out features were 2.5 mm balanced output and really awesome battery life on such a small and light device..
At least for me it was a happy ending for backing this Kickstarter project.

Yeah, in the ES100 the balanced output is a step up from the single ended one (I don't fin this to be the case with every device) and even balanced (mostly driving the HD569) the battery last for a eight hour workday for me.

It can also connect to two sources so that I can listen to music from my laptop and still answer calls on my phone.

Apart from the clip being slightly loose when attaching it to a polo shirt I'm having a hard time finding any flaws on it.

May 8, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #35,901 of 100,489
In another note. I recently got this adapter. Thought I would leave some thoughts about them.

HTB1eiHgcACWBuNjy0Faq6xUlXXaT.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Han...32857383226.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.2WkbiU

So my first balanced 2.5mm to 3.5mm single ended adapter to use my balanced cables was Fiios L26 adapter which can be baught on Amazon
41-n1snRQEL._SL1100_.jpg

Fiios adapter is $13 and I suppose for the money they do the job. It will be relagated to burn in duties for new balanced cables for me but for a little more you can get the one I just bought which you guys can see is clearly a better made product. Why do these adapters matter? For guys that get cables it makes more sense to start buying cables in 2.5mm or 4.4mm balanced out vs buying single ended 3.5mm. These adapters allow you to use your balanced cables in singles ended mode which is still the standard on all music players not to mention being able to use on amps with singles ended. This applys of course if you own sources with balanced out, or plan to get a new player with balanced to take advantage of balanced.

I thought I would bring attention to this as I would have bought the previous one if that was available when I bought the Fiio one. The Fiio one does the job but is a bit flimsy and thin for my liking. The newer one from Lewis store on aliexpress I just got yesterday and is a thicker 8 core silver cord for a little bit more. Can't really tell if the SQ is better vs th Fiio but it is so much more sturdier made than the Fiios flimsy piece. Also Fiios adapter turned a shade of green on me so it has been steadily oxidizing. Still works great but you would figure they could have used some better material for the cord end of it.

Last edited:
May 8, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #35,902 of 100,489
by the way almost forgot, I also need an adapter, 3.5mm TRRS to 2.5mm TRRS to use with iFi xDSD, any advice for good price/quality ratio ? @Dsnuts I find one from fiio as well, on amazon and ali as well, but many reviewers state that if you move contact is not good and signal breaks

May 8, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #35,903 of 100,489
I have this on the way. People with something like the iDSD BL and balanced cable definitely need this. i Have the fiio one too

upload_2018-5-8_19-3-5.png

May 8, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #35,905 of 100,489
APB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got message directly from Jim at NiceHCK.. Get your credit cards ready. JUST FOR YOU GUYS!! He is going to do a HK6 sale this weekend only!!!!!!!

People that missed out on last sale. You guys will get a second chance.

ohhh yeeeeeeeeeees :))))))))))))))))))

May 8, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #35,906 of 100,489
If you guys want to maximize your HK6. It cost a bit more but is comepletely worth it. There is a new silver cable on the Cheezy that maximizes the sonics on the HK6. Their included cable is actually a solid 8 core SPC cable and will not limit the sound on the HK6. It is just that with the silver cable. You get an even higher end sounding HK6. Just a tip. If you can do it. Highly recommended.

May 8, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #35,908 of 100,489
I have this on the way. People with something like the iDSD BL and balanced cable definitely need this. i Have the fiio one too

but is this also available as 3.5mm TRRS to 2.5mm TRRS option? can't find it

May 8, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #35,909 of 100,489
Jim is suggesting that if you guys leave a message on the message tab that says. HEADFIER! That is when he will apply the discount. Again. This will happen for headfiers ONLY it seems.

HTB1zLadqASWBuNjSszdq6zeSpXad.jpg

so should we wait for the weekend or proceed now with that "code" ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back