The discovery thread!
Apr 27, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #35,701 of 100,483
I am thinking of using this for a source for my BL as well. It would be perfect for it. I have turned into a Shanling fanboy. Lol. These guys can make some nice hardware and I like that they don't add any crazy extras that slows down the sound performance. They are gonna sell a ton of these Shanling M0s I am willing to bet.

Who don't want a tiny Sabre DAP with blue tooth. Wish it had balanced now that would be something. But I can't see how they can make a true balanced out of a player this small. The only worry I would have it is if my wife throws this in the washer in my pocket.

I am definitely getting one.
Do ali express have stock or is it just preorder of the shanling?

Apr 27, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #35,702 of 100,483
You can buy it so it should be in stock. There is nothing on that page that says preorder. Buy now it says.

Though I am thinking it might be better to wait and get it from Musikteck. Just in case there is anything wrong with the unit. That is if you live in the US.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #35,703 of 100,483
It would be typical AE style to sell them without having stock though I'd definitely not take it for granted.....

Apr 27, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #35,707 of 100,483
Love the attention to detail. I get a brand new sealed HQ6. It has everything in the box. Get more sets of tips than the HK6. Even 4 pairs of cheapo foams. The funny thing is the right ear piece had a large tip and the other one that should have been on the left piece is MIA. So they just threw on a medium. Lol.

"Customer is not gonna know we threw on different size tip!!! "

Anyway. Not a big deal the tips on here are useless They are generic silicones and nothing that actually matches the nozzle of the HQ6 or optimizes the sound. The earphones themselves are made really well the housing to my surprise is a bit larger and bulkier than the HK6. Looking at pics they look identical but these have more ridges and are thicker. The workmanship is excellent on the shells and included cable is the same one that comes in the HK6.

Out of the box I threw it on my Shanling M3s I had with me. Aaaand. They sound good for the money paid but out of the box I was way more impressed with the HK6. The stage is a bit wider on these maybe due to the larger shells but that seems to be the only thing it did better than the HK6 out of the box.

They sound a bit dull in the mids some tracks sounded good while others were lacking attack and definition. These are not a V shaped signature at all. Will wait n see what happens with burn in I think the slight veil I am hearing is due to the drivers being raw. Treble sounded a bit reserved as well. Bass seemed ok but out of the box these failed to impress as much as my HK6. I think I would have been more impressed maybe if I didn't have the HK6 but those have kinda set the bar. These. Hmmm. We will see. I will reserve judgement till I get them proper.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2018 at 12:17 AM Post #35,708 of 100,483
Love the attention to detail. I get a brand new sealed HQ6. It has everything in the box. Get more sets of tips than the HK6. Even 4 pairs of cheapo foams. The funny thing is the right ear piece had a large tip and the other one that should have been on the left piece is MIA. So they just threw on a medium. Lol.

"Customer is not gonna know we threw on different size tip!!! "

Anyway. Not a big deal the tips on here are useless They are generic silicones and nothing that actually matches the nozzle of the HQ6 or optimizes the sound. The earphones themselves are made really well the housing to my surprise is a bit larger and bulkier than the HK6. Looking at pics they look identical but these have more ridges and are thicker. The workmanship is excellent on the shells and included cable is the same one that comes in the HK6.

Out of the box I threw it on my Shanling M3s I had with me. Aaaand. They sound good for the money paid but out of the box I was way more impressed with the HK6. The stage is a bit wider on these maybe due to the larger shells but that seems to be the only thing it did better than the HK6 out of the box.

They sound a bit dull in the mids some tracks sounded good while others were lacking attack and definition. These are not a V shaped signature at all. Will wait n see what happens with burn in I think the slight veil I am hearing is due to the drivers being raw. Treble sounded a bit reserved as well. Bass seemed ok but out of the box these failed to impress as much as my HK6. I think I would have been more impressed maybe if I didn't have the HK6 but those have kinda set the bar. These. Hmmm. We will see. I will reserve judgement till I get them proper.
So the HQ6 is on the equal level of HK6 if not better ,
how the nozzles make any difference in the sound ( wide nozzle on HK6 and narrow nozzle on HQ6) ,

Apr 28, 2018 at 8:26 AM Post #35,709 of 100,483
So I got a message from Jim@ NiceHCK. There should be no variation in the QC on the HK6. So if you guys get one they should be exactly what I am hearing.

In other news it seems like I might get them Semkarch CNT earphones to review. Will let everyone know if that turns out good.

I hope you get the semkarch headphones... there are still no reviews about this headphone maybe its a gem... well here are some impressions from a buyer

C4dBdj3wMBWL_ywxb-mqJELSPrlXpXY_9N_Db9eeaHvOgQV3xP-S2Xkhr2emhVOhXFXWknKecEV3AAUExQ=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

Apr 28, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #35,710 of 100,483
You can buy it so it should be in stock. There is nothing on that page that says preorder. Buy now it says.

Though I am thinking it might be better to wait and get it from Musikteck. Just in case there is anything wrong with the unit. That is if you live in the US.
Looks like a disclaimer has been added on the NiceHCK listing: "Attention please:
This is pre-sale product. It needs wait about 30 working days. Thank you.
If you can't wait, please do not place order. Thank you."

Apr 28, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #35,711 of 100,483
Seen these posted recently and intrigued me enough to justify a bit of research.
It's 6 Knowles BA per side total 12 (confirmed by seller); I'm gonna ask further for BA models and a FR.

Same one in AVCCK store, not sure if stores are related or product is sourced from a third party.

Any users that can tell about them or pointers to impressions anywhere? Can't find anything about them.

New 2017 In-Ear 6BA drive unit DIY HIFI high-fidelity sound monitor stress adaptation and MMCX interface
http://s.aliexpress.com/b2YJZJnY?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

Apr 28, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #35,712 of 100,483
So the HQ6 is on the equal level of HK6 if not better ,
how the nozzles make any difference in the sound ( wide nozzle on HK6 and narrow nozzle on HQ6) ,

What? Read his impressions again, HQ6 appear to be subpar and NOT on the same level

Apr 28, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #35,713 of 100,483
Seen these posted recently and intrigued me enough to justify a bit of research.
It's 6 Knowles BA per side total 12 (confirmed by seller); I'm gonna ask further for BA models and a FR.

Same one in AVCCK store, not sure if stores are related or product is sourced from a third party.

Any users that can tell about them or pointers to impressions anywhere? Can't find anything about them.

New 2017 In-Ear 6BA drive unit DIY HIFI high-fidelity sound monitor stress adaptation and MMCX interface
http://s.aliexpress.com/b2YJZJnY?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard
Idk 12 BA per side seems way too cheap to be true. Looking at pics it's looks like 3 per side unless each of those 3 is dual.

Apr 28, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #35,714 of 100,483
What? Read his impressions again, HQ6 appear to be subpar and NOT on the same level

Out of box impressions really don't mean much though I was much more impressed with the HK6 out of box than the HQ6. HK6 sound was engaging from the get go. While the HQ6 had some weirdness to the tonality of them it did have some potential that I was hearing. Especially the stage of them. While not sounding as dimensional as the HK6 it had a wider stage but a more flatter sound.

Tonality was a bit uneven but again I am a firm believer of burning in all new iems be it dynamic or BAs. I will take a good listen tonight to the HQ6 and figure out if anything has changed since listening to them on open listen.

One thing I do know for certain however is that the HQ6 is not as comfortable to wear in the ear over the HK6. HK6 is a better universal design and I love the wide open nozzles on them( Probably the reason why it sound so dimensional.) It's Housing design is more smoother and less angled in the nozzle of the HQ6. The fitment of the HQ6 is not bad but I can see more guys having issues with how they fit for them over the HK6.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #35,715 of 100,483
@Dsnuts I get that they are just initial impressions but none of what you said give me the impression they are on the same level. First impressions are key IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back