The discovery thread!
Apr 27, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #35,686 of 100,489
So I got a message from Jim@ NiceHCK. There should be no variation in the QC on the HK6. So if you guys get one they should be exactly what I am hearing.

In other news it seems like I might get them Semkarch CNT earphones to review. Will let everyone know if that turns out good.

Apr 27, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #35,687 of 100,489
So I got a message from Jim@ NiceHCK. There should be no variation in the QC on the HK6. So if you guys get one they should be exactly what I am hearing.

In other news it seems like I might get them Semkarch CNT earphones to review. Will let everyone know if that turns out good.
wow, that's excellent , Semkarch looks like a nice DD iem, waiting for your thoughts ,

Apr 27, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #35,690 of 100,489
So it looks like I will be getting my HQ6 today. I hope. This should be interesting. From what I read on that Japanese review comparing the HK6 and HQ6. The HQ6 uses some nice BAs in them. Could be the reason why they are never sold cheaper than $269.

I had a sinking feeling like I am getting 2 of the exact same earphones sans color when I bought them. I am glad they are different earphones using different BAs and tuned differently as well. Look forward to them.

Apr 27, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #35,692 of 100,489
So it looks like I will be getting my HQ6 today. I hope. This should be interesting. From what I read on that Japanese review comparing the HK6 and HQ6. The HQ6 uses some nice BAs in them. Could be the reason why they are never sold cheaper than $269.

I had a sinking feeling like I am getting 2 of the exact same earphones sans color when I bought them. I am glad they are different earphones using different BAs and tuned differently as well. Look forward to them.

What what what if the HQ6 is better than HK6

Apr 27, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #35,693 of 100,489
I do agree with you on that note especially for kz. The same happened with me when I got kz zs5. I got from the first batch and it was wonderful for the price paid. I ordered one more after a few weeks and it was like a treble cannon. I didn't realise that the later batches they were having a BA in the nozzle and I really couldn't stand the highs.
I checked on head Fi and people were discussing about kz zs5 v1 and V2.
Then followed some suggestions on the thread and started trying foam tips
It became a little better, but I still liked like kz zs5 v1 better.
So with kz you can't rely on late batches. So have to get it when it's up for pre order or don't get it at all.
I really hope that's not the case with HK6 for me.

doesn't really apply for the ZS5, it was just an overreaction to the supposedly "expose" vid accusing KZ of not using all the BA inside the ZS5. Its not really "going cheaper" when they're using the exact same components (heck, even adding some passive crossover inside it) and making things harder by retooling the production line.

company taking feedback is usually good, this time it backfired.

oh, on another note, anyone have any insights on the new Xiaomi gaming headset coming soon? 40mm graphene drivers, it seems, color me interested.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #35,694 of 100,489
This very well could be a possiblity. I will find out soon enough. From what I was reading about them. The HK6 should have the better mids which imo is magical. It is not like the other parts of the sounds are missing or not as good as the mids either. I was listening to them to work this morning and the isolation is excellent on these as they should. They fit my ears like it was made for me, very comfy. I would say I have medium average sized ears.

The reader was saying there is more treble emphasis on the HQ6 and maybe even more bass emphasis meaning it could be a fun type tuning a bit like the IT01. Which is actually what I am looking for since I already have a mids monster in the HK6.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #35,695 of 100,489

Hope soon we will see a interesting combat between the two,

Apr 27, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #35,696 of 100,489
the interesting thing about the HK6 mids. I don't find them necessarily forward and definitely not laid back or recessed either. Again the sound balancing is superb on these. The mids seem to have a wider and even more spacier rangy sound than most iems I have heard. It wouldnt surpirse me one bit if they designed the HK6 with 3BAs for the mids 2 BAs for the highs and a single BA taking care of the bass. Or 4BAs for mids. Ba for highs and a single BA for bass. That is how it sounds to me cus the mids on these. I can't say it enough is absolute magic. Very spacious and roomy mid section the HK6.

Anything with vocals is stunning. Upper mids have enough grunt for guitars so metal and rock guitars have awesome crunch and power. Very complete and engrossing mid section on the HK6.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #35,697 of 100,489
Oh snap. NiceHCK has them new Shanling players for sale. Seems musicteck wont get their till May.. Hmmm.
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...710.html?spm=2114.12010611.0.0.7351581dP5sh0X

HTB1oiqhoNGYBuNjy0Fnq6x5lpXau.jpg

HTB12G4HoKOSBuNjy0Fdq6zDnVXaE.jpg

HTB1EaO2oStYBeNjSspaq6yOOFXaR.jpg

HTB1AZMQopmWBuNjSspdq6zugXXah.jpg

Lol. These are just cool. Might have to get me one. Replace my old Fiio X1 as my burn in dap and to mess around with.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #35,698 of 100,489
Apr 27, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #35,699 of 100,489
I am thinking of using this for a source for my BL as well. It would be perfect for it. I have turned into a Shanling fanboy. Lol. These guys can make some nice hardware and I like that they don't add any crazy extras that slows down the sound performance. They are gonna sell a ton of these Shanling M0s I am willing to bet.

Who don't want a tiny Sabre DAP with blue tooth. Wish it had balanced now that would be something. But I can't see how they can make a true balanced out of a player this small. The only worry I would have it is if my wife throws this in the washer in my pocket.

I am definitely getting one.

Apr 27, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #35,700 of 100,489
Penon Audio has the FLC 8N ... not that much info on them, so I have no idea what's the difference between them and the FLC 8/8S (which only differed for the cable they came with, if memory serves). From the description on Penon's website, this time they finally have a standard (0.78mm) 2 Pin connector, and one can choose to buy them with either a 2.5mm balanced cable, or a standard 3.5 TRS cable.

I enjoyed my old FLC 8 quite a lot, would be very curious to know what sound/tuning improvement was done

Users who are viewing this thread

Back