The discovery thread!
Jan 3, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #34,816 of 99,975
I would try a silver coated copper cable. Silver does a great job with giving a wamer/ darker phone some extra needed transparency and you should notice a bit more clarity in the overall sound as well. They are pretty common online. Also try a more open nozzle tip something like a JVC Spiral dot tips to open up the treble end a bit more with an added benefit of lowering a bit of mid bass which ultimately balances the sound on a lot of iems.

71rl9YIDlAL._SL1000_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/OKCSC-Upgrad...15846&sr=8-18-spons&keywords=mmcx+cable&psc=1

¡Nice cable! Actually I do not think I need to reduce the mid bass, since this Oriveti is focused on the sub-bass. Could SpinFit work here without reducing the mid bass?

Jan 3, 2018 at 5:21 PM Post #34,817 of 99,975
If the tuning is more sub bass I would still try a wider nozzle type silicone tip. Wider tips shouldn't affect the bass any for a sub bass focused iem. I use them on my IT01 actually and it sounds great. Narrow bored tips has a tendency to bring up the mid bass and muffle or in some cases hide some of the highs and can have a negative affect on the mids.

Spin fits have a medium about 3mm nozzle. Not so much wide. I am talking 4-5mm wide nozzle. Spiral dots if you can get them.

Now this might not be the case for you but it is for me. I know we all have different shape to the ears but this has been the case when I tip roll on my own iems.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #34,818 of 99,975
Last edited:
Jan 3, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #34,819 of 99,975
Oomo 3D Immersive Earphones

$69.95

Technical Specifications
3 cavity, 5 channel Acoustic structure separates the sound frequencies to provide clarity and 3D Virtual 5.1 Surround Sound. You will hear every aspect of the output produced, as all the sounds are distributed in distinct channels. Fidelity is unbelievable.

It has the frequency response of 8Hz-20KHz. Infrasonic frequencies develop in the back cavity allowing you to hear crystal clear bass.

Using a viscoelastic material inside the mechanical structure, frequencies are refined to produce clear output. The material absorbs unwanted feedback inside the structure providing the optimal acoustic environment.

3D virtual 5.1 sound? Interesting.

Jan 3, 2018 at 5:59 PM Post #34,820 of 99,975
I really wanted to get them but i read so much about spikey highs and hot highs and aggresive highs. My warm sound preference cringed and cried at the possibility of no sub bass rumble too. It cried, ignored still sitting on the fence. :wink:

I made a post a few days ago about the upper mid or lower treble having a slight distortion and I was having a hard time enjoying them for long periods because of coherence not because of piercing highs which I can't tolerate at all. I've since put about another 20 hours on them and they are smoothing out nicely. I hope it didn't turn you away from the IT01s because they are truly awesome IEM that are very revealing up top while still having a deep yet nimble articulate bass. They have a nice wide sound stage amazing layers separation that I've never heard on any IEM or any sound system for that matter.
I only have about 60 hours on them so I can't wait to hear how sweet they sound over the next few weeks. All I can say is that Burn in must be very real for graphine drivers and or the OFC cable because I can't wait to listen to them every chance I get now.

Jan 3, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #34,821 of 99,975
I am slowly getting hyped about Rhythmos, SD6 and SD7 obviously punch above their weight and SD7+ might be the best they've got. Looking forward to your comparison between these 2, the differences will probably be much more audible than the naming would suggest.

LOL a lot of IEMs also punches above it's weight which means a lot of them are "mispriced" and hence, the playing field is actually levelled.

Jan 3, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #34,822 of 99,975
LOL a lot of IEMs also punches above it's weight which means a lot of them are "mispriced" and hence, the playing field is actually levelled.

That is sooo accurate as of late. The problem is keeping up with what should be average/good/very good in certain price groups given how fast things are changing and that makes statements such as "punches above it's weight" pretty meaningless - weight is way too loosely defined at any given moment. I should have said that it appears to be among the better ones in the price range.

Jan 3, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #34,823 of 99,975
Anyone order the really cheap Auglamour RT1 with the bluetooth module on the Ali sale from NiceHCK back in 11/11 (price was same as just RT1)? I'm still yet to receive and wondering if they will claim not available.

Jan 3, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #34,824 of 99,975
Received this TRN V10 and it's very dissapointing..sound is so veiled. No subbass, recessed mids and extremely harsh/peircing highs. I've sealed the vents and dampened the BA's nozzle with a tiny sponge foam and still sounds very bad. KZ ZST sounds even better night and day difference. The only positive thing is the fit and seal to my ears. Better save your money and get the pioneer ch9t or ibasso it01.
20180103_185850.jpg

Jan 4, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #34,825 of 99,975
Anyone order the really cheap Auglamour RT1 with the bluetooth module on the Ali sale from NiceHCK back in 11/11 (price was same as just RT1)? I'm still yet to receive and wondering if they will claim not available.

I did order the same thing. They gave a tracking number, then another one, canceled the second one and kept updating first one. It departed on 22.12. and is still not in my country. Even if it comes in a few days, it will be stuck on customs and won't come to me before 11.01. which is despute deadline. No idea what to do tbh.

Jan 4, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #34,826 of 99,975
So in a bit of disappointing news. It seems what I thought a few weeks back about Trinity Audio sending my Hunters was false. They updated the shipping order but evidently did not send a damn thing. Lol. Oh man what a cluster that whole ordeal is. No one is getting anything at this point.

Money lost is what that was. Just amazing.

It is what it is.

Jan 4, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #34,827 of 99,975
Am I the only one that got over on them. I don't feel bad about it. Switched to the PM4 from the Sabre pre-order price and was to pay the balance when those shipped. They never asked and I forgot about it. PM4 still left something to be desired even for $70 esp. how the cables were mismatched for the driver set-up and the ergonomics were crap. Amazing that the PM4 was the third housing they did and that is what they came up with. At least I actually got them and sold them for cost so no harm no foul.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #34,828 of 99,975
I'm still waiting for the Icarus 2, Icarus 4 and Pheonix...... and I've given up hope. Might just get a surprise one day.

Jan 4, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #34,830 of 99,975
So in a bit of disappointing news. It seems what I thought a few weeks back about Trinity Audio sending my Hunters was false. They updated the shipping order but evidently did not send a damn thing. Lol. Oh man what a cluster that whole ordeal is. No one is getting anything at this point.

Money lost is what that was. Just amazing.

It is what it is.

Sad to hear that Ds. I actually got my money back (paid through paypal, and after several false shipping dates I filed a claim). Well, no one will ever do business with those guys again (or shouldn't).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back