The discovery thread!
Oct 29, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #33,991 of 100,578
Now the Wave has aptx HD and wifi abg or something. However, all this is on paper, still!?

Oct 29, 2017 at 4:48 AM Post #33,992 of 100,578
I've see Bob on FB I think...he's running some new company and was posting lots of pics of a new earphone which he said was the best he'd ever heard. I'll see if I can find it. Haven't seen any new posts in a while.

Oct 29, 2017 at 5:38 AM Post #33,993 of 100,578
I've see Bob on FB I think...he's running some new company and was posting lots of pics of a new earphone which he said was the best he'd ever heard. I'll see if I can find it. Haven't seen any new posts in a while.
Yes you are right he is trying to run a new company , i forget the name of that company maybe IMR or something like this ,

Oct 29, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #33,994 of 100,578
Yes you are right he is trying to run a new company , i forget the name of that company maybe IMR or something like this ,

Yes. IMRacoustics.
FB_IMG_1509270171723.jpg

Oct 29, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #33,996 of 100,578
I'd bet they're the best things eva but delivery neva :wink:

Oct 29, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #33,997 of 100,578
I'll quote this here post as I really have had a nice GB1000 renaissance here. Obviously a solid earphone but not quite working for me back then esp. as a quick grab and go with just a player w/o an amp. Now though I have had some other earphones since and always good to try things so now the GB1000 with large UiiSii CM5 tips(wide bore, not butterfly) along with my Sidy/BGVP "B" tuning cable which is the mids cable making the likeable GB1000 mids more apparent/forward. Of course sounding like a ASG model means some good mids but just a bit more help from BGVP makes them pretty sweet. Then I finish it off on my Cowon using the Feel The Wind preset which is airy and thins them out from big and bassy towards a preferred balance and helps the clarity being airy and brighter sound. Of course they still have the semi-open big stage which is still the best I have for in-ears atm. Plus, the bass reach is excellent and those sweet mids. Just sold my CH9T but not missing them outside of needing a clip since they are straight down style. Actually like the Elecom house sound more. GB1000 tweaked is bigger and lower reach than the Pioneer and like the sig better; CC1000 is not as good as the Pioneer but still like the signature a little better, and always said the CH1010 edged out the CH9T though that one is much like the Pioneer sig with a little bass and treble reduced.

Indeed how Trinity have fallen out so bad. I see they have a new upgraded dual phase that they were selling for $32 pre-sale(not that anyone will ever see them lol). So, the $72 pre-sale they had for the Sabre was still big profit for them if they can sell the upgraded Beryllium version for much cheaper. They were set to make big $$$ but f'd it up as we know the profit on these things. Like DM5 with cables and four drivers for $65 including the sellers profit so how much to make them? I was one of the few get over, relatively speaking, on Trinity as the Sabre I paid for turned into the PM4 w/o having to pay the balance of $42 to upgrade. TBH, the PM4 was only really worth that price anyhow.

Yep, Trinity still owes me a DAP and the Phoenix two driver headphones. think i will ever hear them????
so would you recommend the Pioneer as a single dynamic driver champion jant71?

Oct 29, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #33,998 of 100,578
Yep, Trinity still owes me a DAP and the Phoenix two driver headphones. think i will ever hear them????

I'm in the same boat, a Phoenix, Icarus 2 and Icarus 4

Oct 29, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #33,999 of 100,578

He also claimed the PM4 as "teh gr8est thang evaR" and we all know how badly that thing failed to live up to the hype

Oct 29, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #34,000 of 100,578

Popped in to hear the latest but not really keeping up as I don't have a horse in the running anymore. Getting either a refund or an item is seemingly rough sledding.

Pioneer maybe top of the budget dynamics with the right cable or balanced perhaps as some have touted them. Not better than Elecom stock though. CH1010 is equal and cheaper. CH2010 is better and also much cheaper if you don't need over ear or MMCX of course. Pioneer may not be the best $$$ value but is one of the more agreeable with most gear so nearly everyone will really like them outside of those who have issue with the 7mm nozzle size.

He also claimed the PM4 as "teh gr8est thang evaR" and we all know how badly that thing failed to live up to the hype

Yep, not the greatest things ever as even when they have great ability they still aren't the best for things like being heavy and not very ergonomic nor the best cohesion of hybrid tech though I haven't their best stuff. Not that you could trust to even get to hear them :frowning2:

Oct 30, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #34,002 of 100,578
FWIW, as someone who was burned hard on the PM4, I was able to get a hold of the IcarusIII and it's actually a very competent IEM. It's everything the PM4 should have been. It only took them 3 tries to get it right.

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #34,004 of 100,578
FWIW, as someone who was burned hard on the PM4, I was able to get a hold of the IcarusIII and it's actually a very competent IEM. It's everything the PM4 should have been. It only took them 3 tries to get it right.

I have to agree with this. The PM4 was certainly not for me but the Icarus III is pretty good for $100. Recently I've had a couple of episodes with the filters coming off when changing tips so I'd guess they didn't improve the qc (I had the same problem with my first pair of PM4).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back