The discovery thread!
Oct 25, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #33,961 of 99,719
hi, got to buy some iem and I can't decide between **** 6in1, tinaudio t2 and massdrop's Nuforce edc... suggest welcome :)

Can't comment on the 6n1 but I have the T2 and EDC and would pick the T2 in most cases. More detail, larger soundstage, better separation, nicer build. In favor of the EDC you get more stuff; cables, tips, a nice case. The low profile design is also really comfortable and they isolate way more effectively. They're both good, just for different things. I like the T2 more for the sound but the EDC is probably the better daily driver.

Oct 25, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #33,962 of 99,719
Yo man I was reading your t2 review right now!ù
Edit: chi-fi could be better but just as you say I will use them on the go when not at home so the comfort of the nuforce it's a big plus to not misunderestimate

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #33,963 of 99,719
expand your market to DW-5 on penonaudio.com after substantial burn in and
cable upgrade to copper cable they are fantastic, weigh in way way over their 65 price..
remind me of asg. 2.0, bass is like a hammer inside your head, but mids and trebles
well balanced. a bravo experience!

Oct 25, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #33,964 of 99,719
Dsnuts just have saidthat too via pm right now, going to take these tomorrow :D
Edit: btw what cable, the first or the second one with 10 bucks more?
Edit2:which one color is this, black or normal bronze?
IMG_3152.JPG

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #33,965 of 99,719
THE UPGRADE cable is worth the ten bucks! its a pretty nice cable really...
but the DW5 shines with a totally copper cable (available on eBay for 30$
or a balanced cable (30$ works good.)
i just ordered this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/OURART-Ti7...hash=item1c952222a8:m:mBOZHFwy7iYc8jBQVWPFU8Q
but no reviews of it yet, i just liked the design.....
but be very very patient on the burn in, 100 hours minimum on the DW5
looks like the black ones to me. bronze are more metallic looking.

the synergy of DW5 and the new M3s is uncanny...

Oct 25, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #33,968 of 99,719
hi, got to buy some iem and I can't decide between **** 6in1, tinaudio t2 and massdrop's Nuforce edc... suggest welcome :)

I just ordered a pair of these yesterday...
AG RT-1 (2)-700x700.JPG

..and won't know for sure how good the Auglamor RT-1 is till I get it but it should probably be added to your list. RX-1 was very capable and well built for an earbud. The RT-1 impressions should be rolling in soon enough.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #33,970 of 99,719
I'm sorry superuser1, but even if it indicates i'm online, I'm usually not on Head-Fi as much anymore due to work and some personal family issues. But.... I think you did a good thing for yourself in going ahead and purchasing those iems. They are still one of my favorite out of the many I own, and a go to of mine. Burn them in!! Find the right tips. Bass will be there with the right fit, but they are definitely a mid-centric earphone. Lots of details and instrument separation the mids. Not the heaviest earphone I have in sound weight, but not thin by any accounts. I still love them. Let me know what you think after about 60 hours of burn in (really need a good 150 hours though to really come to life). And upgrade to a good copper cable too.
I hope things work out for you in all quarters. Thanks for the reply. I will be getting it soon and i shall make it a point to burn them in adequately. I have a few after market OFC cables and a few SPC ones coming in so will try them out.

In other news @Dsnuts the DM5 will be here by next week at the latest and another week of burning in :)

I have a question for you guys, would it fair to assume for some that SPC cables alleviate the top end compared to OFC cables?

Oct 26, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #33,971 of 99,719
So finally got the DZ 7 (6BA + 1DD) and as advised i am burning them in. I am really liking what i am hearing, however the highs needs to be tamed a little. Got a 8 wire SPC after market cable too.

Screenshot_2.jpg

The original cable

Screenshot_1.jpg

The after market cable

379491718476627038.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #33,972 of 99,719
So finally got the DZ 7 (6BA + 1DD) and as advised i am burning them in. I am really liking what i am hearing, however the highs needs to be tamed a little. Got a 8 wire SPC after market cable too.

The original cable

The after market cable

Looks sick! I see a bunch of IEMs like that on Ali that are super expensive and I'm always curious who's buying them. Never see anyone on here with them.

Oct 26, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #33,973 of 99,719
Looks sick! I see a bunch of IEMs like that on Ali that are super expensive and I'm always curious who's buying them. Never see anyone on here with them.
Yeah i wondered the same till i got one. I think they were on sale and still probably around $230 IIRC. I was very apprehensive however i can safely say that this is money well spent. i don't use iems when i'm chilling in my living room and prefer to listen to my home setup, however, I can see myself picking this up for a listen every now and then. The fit is very comfortable though they seem a bit on the bigger side. Will let it burn in before i completely fall in love with them.

Oct 27, 2017 at 12:22 AM Post #33,974 of 99,719

The original cable

The after market cable

nice iem, i saw very positive feedbacks about these DZ7 and DZ8/9 , looking forward to your impressions ,

Oct 28, 2017 at 4:14 AM Post #33,975 of 99,719

Users who are viewing this thread

Back