The discovery thread!
Nov 29, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #32,837 of 102,866
Hi
Hi Dsnuts. Is there a discount code for the PM4? I don't get to see the price you mentioned in a earlier post. I'm looking at $173 of was that the price offered? Thanks Ds.

Glad you was able to snap one up. Ya I aint gonna lie. The PM 4 is a legit earphone. The titanium coated dual dynamic driver does bass on a level that is unheard of at even full price and the dual BA does a masterful job with mids and treble. One word of advice. I do recommend a full burn in cycle. On open box it sounds great but did have a touch of edginess in teble and the bass had a bit of bloom. My pair sounds exceptional using my pono after 50 hr burn in.

I jumped to the Phantom Hunter (too good of a deal was offered). We'll see dear friend. 

Ya me too. The PH4 has inpressed me so much I went for the Hunter as well. If the sound scales like the PH4. The Hunter should be at a TOTL level for $360ish we payed. Ya sign me up!!!

Nov 29, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #32,838 of 102,866
I have the Phantom Master 4 arriving on the 1st. I can't wait!

I am telling every headfier that reads this thread I am late to the trinity audio bandwagon but take what these guys are doing very seriously. PM4 is playing easily with top mid tier earphones.@ $110 in recent deal? I have nothing at this price range that comes remotely close.

Nov 29, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #32,839 of 102,866
Glad you was able to snap one up. Ya I aint gonna lie. The PM 4 is a legit earphone. The titanium coated dual dynamic driver does bass on a level that is unheard of at even full price and the dual BA does a masterful job with mids and treble. One word of advice. I do recommend a full burn in cycle. On open box it sounds great but did have a touch of edginess in teble and the bass had a bit of bloom. My pair sounds exceptional using my pono after 50 hr burn in.

Copy that Ds. Will update again when I receive mine. Cheers.

Nov 29, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #32,840 of 102,866
Ya me too. The PH4 has inpressed me so much I went for the Hunter as well. If the sound scales like the PH4. The Hunter should be at a TOTL level for $360ish we payed. Ya sign me up!!!

Yeah, I think the creator of Trinity also had a hand in Rockjaw. If so, those weren't bad offerings either (especially the hybrid iem. So it sounding like that knowledge from Rockjaw was taken and enhanced four times over (based on reviews and impressions I'm reading). I'm hoping the Hunter will be on par with my DZ7, which is still by far the best bang-for-the-buck totl iem I've ever heard (at $328 with six BAs and 1 dynamic driver). 

Nov 29, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #32,841 of 102,866

Yesterday I had ordered for HUNTER ,  now waiting period begun i think at least for two months . 

Nov 29, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #32,842 of 102,866
So the NightHawk over-ear headphone has been on my ears for about 10 minutes now. Sounds very good to my ears out of the box (and I do believe in burn-in), so I'm highly optimistic about how the sound will shape up some several hours from now. waynes world is responsible for leading me to this very good sound discovery. Thanks buddy! 
beerchug.gif

Nov 29, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #32,843 of 102,866
Was thinking about the Nighthawk, maybe go for it if it is on sale again.
Look into the Trinity as well one of these days (busy listening to the FAD Sonorous III until now, did a review for The Headphone List
http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone-review/27302/
Now next review cans, Focal Elear
(best buy for the year so far: Trinity balanced Pono cable, love the sound with Pono/Westone W40)

Nov 29, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #32,844 of 102,866
In these age of multiple driver IEM's I give you a really nice surprise:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/blue-ever-blue-model-1200ex/reviews/17435

Edit: Wrong link, sorry

Nov 29, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #32,845 of 102,866
More JVC Solidege...

SOLIDEGE SD7

型名「HA-SD7」
型式ダイナミック型
出力音圧レベル104dB/1mW
再生周波数帯域6Hz ~ 40,000Hz
インピーダンス32Ω
最大許容入力500mW (IEC※2)
ケーブル1.2m (両出しケーブル) OFC
入力プラグφ3.5mm 24金メッキL型ステレオミニプラグ
質量(ケーブル含まず)約200g

More Titanium drivers, Hi-Res goodness for $140-ish. Though absent seems to be removable cabling like the competition(AT's AR5) but the FW7 and FD7 also have fixed cables. Probably no N_W is gonna have them.

Nov 30, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #32,846 of 102,866
Nov 30, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #32,847 of 102,866
So, I see the reviews Peter put up in The Lab thread and here (nice review, btw).
Can someone tell me what the difference is between the Discovery Thread and The Lab?

Nov 30, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #32,849 of 102,866
So, I see the reviews Peter put up in The Lab thread and here (nice review, btw).
Can someone tell me what the difference is between the Discovery Thread and The Lab?

The Lab was 'dedicated to displaying your personal audio quarters' but that doesn't really happen anymore unfortunately. 

My impressions of the Discovery thread is that it is for bringing up new, unknown, overlooked, etc. products you feel the community should be made aware of. That definitely still happens and the BeB 1200EX is a perfect fit, imo.

The thread's intentions are outlined perfectly on page 1, post 1.
beerchug.gif

Nov 30, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #32,850 of 102,866

Good question, I think there's some different people in the different threads and the Lab is located in another sub forum where one can talk about baseball and other stuff without anyone start to cry.

For me personally they're my two favorite threads in here.

Excellent review specially the comparison with G3 is really helpful , 

Thanks! I'm glad it's helpful to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back