The discovery thread!
Jun 30, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #32,221 of 106,676
It is funny, and it's also what makes this hobby so interesting to me. Two people can agree on most things and the suddenly a item comes along that's totally diverting, just kind of to show that there's nothing that given when it comes to sound.

One of my biggest wow moments ever in this hobby was when I got the forbidden IEM's a month or so back. I could never in my wildest dreams imagine that I would so totally enjoy a iem with that kind of signature. It's really changed my preference in a way I haven't experienced since I first got the Havi B3 Pro 1 a long time ago. So it's not only that two people with a similar preference will sometimes disagree (or rather hear things differently) but I can' even be sure to agree with myself all the time lol.

Now that's what makes me addicted to try out the next and the next, because you never know what you're going to experience.

Some of the best sounds out there are silent. It's a shame that the ethics and politics of a few have an effect on the masses. 

Jul 1, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #32,222 of 106,676

So I hate to be a Debbie downer but the Shozy Zero imo is not great. I feel they are good iems for the price but

I find it harder and harder to get engaged by them. The tuning is a safe one and they have all that is needed for a good sounding iem but for some reason they are kinda on the boring for me.

I have a review sample that I am going to do a review soon on but the longer I am using these the less I am enchanted with them.

Thanks for your honest experience, Donuts! you have experienced ears.....people getting excited about the
"value" of cheap iems doesn't mean they are worth collecting or listening to as a serious music offering...

Donuts made me laugh so hard XD

Jul 1, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #32,223 of 106,676
Dr Blue is the only headfier that can call me that and get away with it. Hes been calling me by that delectable deep fried  confection for a while now. If Dr Blue names you a sweet food of any type that is only a good thing!

Jul 1, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #32,224 of 106,676
  Dr Blue is the only headfier that can call me that and get away with it. Hes been calling me by that delectable deep fried  confection for a while now. If Dr Blue names you a sweet food of any type that is only a good thing!

why Thank you very much Donuts, i mean Ds,...actually it was spell check that decided to call you that originally...
but since you are so delectable , it kind a stuck.....i don't actually eat donuts, but do appreciate their yummy
addictive carbohydrate sugary and satisfying qualities for some folks.......
But the part of Donuts having  experienced ears is more true than ever!  so happy to have you (Ds) back contributing your
listening experiences and evaluations and steering us towards the light at the end of the tunnel....even though
we will never reach it......and continue to crave new headphone audio advances.....
   perhaps it is the quest itself we seek.....and we shall follow Donuts into the desert......

Jul 1, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #32,225 of 106,676
Onkyo ES-HF300s are on sale on Amazon for $50. These are some seriously good cans. Kind of a hybrid between over and on ears. Running them straight out of my Xduoo X3 and they sound fantastic.

Jul 1, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #32,226 of 106,676
I bought a pair of these when they first came out. That is a very nice deal. Titanium coated drivers. Need a good pounding but otherwise that is one of the better deals for a good sounding portable.

Jul 1, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #32,227 of 106,676
Is the Foster TH-X00 still the best sounding closed-back over ear headphone in that price range? I'm probably going to sell my Shure SRH1540 and purchase the X00 if that's the case.

Jul 2, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #32,231 of 106,676
  I bought a pair of these when they first came out. That is a very nice deal. Titanium coated drivers. Need a good pounding but otherwise that is one of the better deals for a good sounding portable.

Totally affirm this. out of NOS HiFiMan Dac have wicked bass and romantic midrange and treble, nicely balanced.
the Titanium drivers i can tell will need lots of burn in, quite a satisfying phone already!  going nuts about them in
a quiet way....

Jul 2, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #32,232 of 106,676
Is the Foster TH-X00 still the best sounding closed-back over ear headphone in that price range? I'm probably going to sell my Shure SRH1540 and purchase the X00 if that's the case.

i have both, and I'm usually listening to the TH-X00. the 1540 is no slouch, but break up at higher volumes while
the X00 can be cranked more and have a musically natural sound to my ears. 1540 is a nice package with accessories
such as a fab case, extra cables, etc, and more psy-fi look and do sound good, but the TH X00 make me smile and
bob my head more with blues and electronic music....

Jul 4, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #32,234 of 106,676
I know we're not supposed to talk about the DQSM D2s but, I am looking to see what foam tips work well, does anyone have an idea for good fit? I think the ones that it came with look like the Comply TS 400s, just not sure. The package came with black and blue ones. The black lasted about three weeks, trying the blue one now...

Jul 4, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #32,235 of 106,676
I know we're not supposed to talk about the DQSM D2s but, I am looking to see what foam tips work well, does anyone have an idea for good fit? I think the ones that it came with look like the Comply TS 400s, just not sure. The package came with black and blue ones. The black lasted about three weeks, trying the blue one now...

Excessively eager to get the thread closed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back