The discovery thread!
Mar 20, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #28,891 of 106,629
I had Basso and agree.  Tenore is much better,..many IEMs better in my sig.  Basso's bass overpowered the vocals and the vocals are not as airy.

Mar 20, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #28,892 of 106,629
So what's new in the world of IEMs? Still rocking my Tenores after getting some nice double flange tips. Man, if Zero Audio made a Tenore with a better cable/build quality, they'd have all of my money!

Still may upgrade to something since I have some spare funds but it's a case of sorting the good from the bad IEMs and finding ones that match what I want (Similar sound signature to Tenores but improved sound, similar levels of comfort, better build quality).

:etysmile:

Mar 20, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #28,893 of 106,629
Don't have the Basso, have theTenore and the Duoza, the Duoza (and the Titan 1, and the Fidue A83) are just MUCH better than the Tenore, IMO.

Mar 20, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #28,894 of 106,629
Don't have the Basso, have theTenore and the Duoza, the Duoza (and the Titan 1, and the Fidue A83) are just MUCH better than the Tenore, IMO.

Although the Tenores are great for the price, I concur.

Mar 20, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #28,896 of 106,629
If any of you guys are into earbuds, you`ll wanna check out the VE Zen:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/759219/ve-a-new-and-impresive-earbuds-brand

A few of us were lucky enough to get review units from Lee (@zhibli06). I've been listening to mine for a couple of days, and even though it is recommended that they are burned in for 200 hours, I'm already smitten. It takes a lot to tear the Titan1's out of my ears and keep them torn out, but the Zens are succeeding (they sound especially amazing off of my Xuelin Ihifi 770 dap). They are wonderfully balanced, have an incredibly detailed and layered bass, lovely mids and smooth yet extended highs - a very nice timbre. The sound is very engaging, and some of that must be due to the PRaT of which ClieOS speaks. And they have excellent imaging and soundstage. Really nice.

More to come, but these earbuds are the real deal. And I am surprised to find that I am quite enjoying the earbud form factor. Good stuff! 

Mar 20, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #28,897 of 106,629
Are these buds better sounding than the Titan 1? I like my E0921 a bit better than the Titan 1 straight out of my A15. Of course those Zen don't seem to work that well straight out of the A15 since they are 320 Ohm.

Mar 20, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #28,898 of 106,629
  Are these buds better sounding than the Titan 1? I like my E0921 a bit better than the Titan 1 straight out of my A15. 

At this stage, I feel that they sound about equally good, but definitely different. The titan's bass and highs are more forward and in your face, and the highs are brighter and more shimmery. Zens seem more balanced with the mids a bit more elevated sounding than then Titans, and thicker sounding and smoother overall (but they may change with further burn in). I honestly can't pick a favorite at this time.

Of course those Zen don't seem to work that well straight out of the A15 since they are 320 Ohm. 

Yup. I didn't think that the Zen would sound so good off of my 770, but the 770's "120mw+120mw @ 32ohm" output has no problem pushing them.

Edit: the Zen are sounding really good off of the C3/BH combo.

Mar 21, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #28,899 of 106,629
I have a pair as well, sounds great out of my Pono, better if I add C5 amp. Still in preliminary impressions, not burned in yet. Haven't compared in detail to Titan 1, will at some point. Never really been an ear bud person, taking a bit to get the hang on inserting them so they stay in, but I'm starting to get it. More later.

Mar 21, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #28,901 of 106,629

A few of us were lucky enough to get review units from Lee (@zhibli06). I've been listening to mine for a couple of days, and even though it is recommended that they are burned in for 200 hours, I'm already smitten. It takes a lot to tear the Titan1's out of my ears and keep them torn out, but the Zens are succeeding (they sound especially amazing off of my Xuelin Ihifi 770 dap). They are wonderfully balanced, have an incredibly detailed and layered bass, lovely mids and smooth yet extended highs - a very nice timbre. The sound is very engaging, and some of that must be due to the PRaT of which ClieOS speaks. And they have excellent imaging and soundstage. Really nice.

More to come, but these earbuds are the real deal. And I am surprised to find that I am quite enjoying the earbud form factor. Good stuff! 

Is it hard to get them to stay in the ear? I still remember the earbuds that came with my iPhone 4 and it would irritate my ears after repeated attempts to keep them jammed in there. Wish they went with a titan like fit.

Mar 21, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #28,902 of 106,629
I'm getting better, takes a while to get used tothe idea you're not SUPPOSED to get a seal, just get the bud to sit between the folks of your upper east just below the canal...at least if I've got it right...

A few of us were lucky enough to get review units from Lee (@zhibli06
). I've been listening to mine for a couple of days, and even though it is recommended that they are burned in for 200 hours, I'm already smitten. It takes a lot to tear the Titan1's out of my ears and keep them torn out, but the Zens are succeeding (they sound especially amazing off of my Xuelin Ihifi 770 dap). They are wonderfully balanced, have an incredibly detailed and layered bass, lovely mids and smooth yet extended highs - a very nice timbre. The sound is very engaging, and some of that must be due to the PRaT of which ClieOS speaks. And they have excellent imaging and soundstage. Really nice.

Is it hard to get them to stay in the ear? I still remember the earbuds that came with my iPhone 4 and it would irritate my ears after repeated attempts to keep them jammed in there. Wish they went with a titan like fit.

Mar 21, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #28,903 of 106,629
How do the Duoza's fit in the ear? They look kinda funky..

They look funky, spikes and all, but they actually fit nicely, at least with me. Believe I put spiral tips on them, though may have been Ultimate Ears. Look quite than they really are.

Mar 22, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #28,904 of 106,629
Philips has new earphones mostly based around a new iteration 8.6mm driver both PET and Mylar dome versions...

SHE9100 RED

Sports models including the SHQ1300, 2300, 3300, and 4300.

Top to bottom- 4300 headband, 3300 clips, 2300 in-ear,1300 earbuds

Mar 22, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #28,905 of 106,629
Philips has new earphones mostly based around a new iteration 8.6mm driver both PET and Mylar dome versions...

SHE9100 RED

Sports models including the SHQ1300, 2300, 3300, and 4300

they look nice. Any idea about pricing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back