The discovery thread!
Aug 2, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #2,808 of 103,789
Quote:
How does the meelec m9 compare to the fx101?

I have both the mee m9 and the fx101, hands down the 101s takes the cake in every category.  Compared to the 101's the m9s are muddy in the bass department, with recessed highs and meds.  The only thing they have over the 101's are that it's "smooth" sound ie; not revealing/ picky about its audio source, therefore they have zero harshness/ sibilance.  The m9's do have a great amount of bass but it's not great quality, so yet again these cheapo JVCs has ruined all my other cheapo IEMs/ headphones. ha

Thanks DannyBai for those comparisons b/t the jvc 60s and the sonys....kinda interesting to say the least.

Oh and since your JVCs are just sitting there ever so lonely I'll be happy to give them a 2nd good home heeeeeeeee.  Poor things. 
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 2, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #2,810 of 103,789
Quote:
I have both the mee m9 and the fx101, hands down the 101s takes the cake in every category.  Compared to the 101's the m9s are muddy in the bass department, with recessed highs and meds.  The only thing they have over the 101's are that it's "smooth" sound ie; not revealing/ picky about its audio source, therefore they have zero harshness/ sibilance.  The m9's do have a great amount of bass but it's not great quality, so yet again these cheapo JVCs has ruined all my other cheapo IEMs/ headphones. ha

Thanks DannyBai for those comparisons b/t the jvc 60s and the sonys....kinda interesting to say the least.

Oh and since your JVCs are just sitting there ever so lonely I'll be happy to give them a 2nd good home heeeeeeeee.  Poor things. 
tongue_smile.gif

I had them in the for sale thread awhile ago but no one was biting so I decided to keep them and really listen to 'em.  Needless to say, I really like them enough to keep it.  Right now they are still priced too high but when they become available overseas and if the prices come down some, I think people should grab a pair.  

Aug 3, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #2,812 of 103,789
considering to try the new XB30EX (it's cheaper).
does it have more mid-bass , "hump" than the other 2? the best i had in bass was the Eterna , for reference
and how bad are microphonics with that flat cable?
thanks

Aug 3, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #2,817 of 103,789
Hey guys I'm new to the site, I've been following this thread for a while now. So much that I ordered jvc FR201( Fx101 with a mic) and Philips SHE3590. How much of an upgrade would you consider the FR201 to Hippo Vb. I'm considering the Hippo VB as my next iem. I already have ID America Spark, my first iem, but for some reason I don't consider them bass heavy.

Aug 3, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #2,818 of 103,789
Has anyone tried A/Bing the CKS77 and the FX101? Or perhaps the CKS77 and the XB90EX?
I would love to hear the results,
If there already is one could someone please direct me there,
Thanks

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #2,819 of 103,789
Quote:

The entire driver does not go into the ear canal like traditional dish dynamics. The sound nozzle is to the side and these are comfy as it gets really. The design is quite genius actually. If these had go into your ear canal like a traditional dish type dynamic ie AT or TT earphone. You would have to have some large ears. The way these fit are much like other Sony dynamics. Sideways into your ear with the nozzle at the end of it.

So update. I am going on 40 hours of straight burn in and I have to say. These are sounding better and better. In fact. I can officially say these are tops for me for bassy earphones..Even beating out my CKS77 and yes the FX3X.  The massive sound stage and depth is something else. Just immerses you into the tunes. I noticed the highs are getting more articulate as burn in ensues.. The sound tuning is meticulous on these. Just because these are bass earphones. You guys can throw out your idea of what proper bassy is until you hear these.

These sound great on my entire collection on my Sony Z1060. The synergy is amazing.. No bass boost needed. Lol.  I can tell you guys these are definitely my favorite Sony sound I have ever heard from Sony..These are the very definition of high end bass earphones.(Musical). These let you get immersed into your tunes. You are surrounded by your music. Just an absolutely beautiful non fatiguing sound.

There is no obligation, no commitment to this sound. It is just pure enjoyment. I know guys have followed my CKS77 thread and I have to say these are the official upgrades to that sound..The CKS77 have many similarities to these new Sony XB90 but the tuning on these Sonys are at a higher level..I can tell the quality of the 16mm Dynamic driver that is being used in these are tops. Just enjoyableX10. These weren't made to be reference or neutral or anything of the sort. These were made so you can feel your basslines and get lost in your music.I think these have the best mids I have heard to date on a bass earphone which makes all my tunes sound proper and not overly bass heavy.  But when a bass line calls for power. POWER is what you get.  These are what you need on a vacation. These are what you listen to sippin on a margarita enjoying your music..

Here you go, the comparison between XB90EX and CKS77 from Dsnuts.

Aug 4, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #2,820 of 103,789
For those that own the JVC FX 40's and the FXD70s, are the revealing/ picky nature of the 40's regarding source material which attributes to their harsh/ sibilant highs taken care of on the 70's.  I know the 70's are more refined versions of the 40s, but I have read that sibilance is still present on these higher ends.  I know burn in will get rid of some of that, but it never really went away on the FX40s for me.

Basically I just want a more refined version of the FX40s that just sounds great without any highs raping my ears due to poorly mastered audio files tbh.  Want something more forgiving so I can just throw them on and listen to all albums without having to pick which albums would only sound good with the earphones, if that makes any sense. ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back