The discovery thread!
Mar 28, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #23,461 of 106,546

^ After i got a set of these MH1Cs back for free, i was blown away by how similar they were to the FAD Vs as well as the Sony H3s in not just sonic presentation but capabilities as well. The only things that these MH1Cs were missing was some treble extension due to its smoothness, as well as a bit boomy in the bass regions  and without the HD resolution, esp in the mids compared to the FAD Vs and the H3s, but they sound like they got about 80% of what the Vs and H3s offers give or take.

With the VSonic hybrid tips and stuffing the bass vent/port with some small pieces of earbud foam these MH1/Cs are SERIOUSLY much more clear with better resolution probably due to the stiffness of the VSonic tips which helps to "focus" the overall sound if you may. The foam helps to tame the boominess of the bass also attributes to a much better/ tighter low end. In totality the resolution of the mids seems to also have improved due such simple changes. WOW!!!

So....

^ If anyone have the VSonic hybrid tips go try them on the Sony MH1/Cs......
... specifically those dark blue and green ones, the smaller ones don't work cuz it's too shallow.

Then alls you need to do if cut some tiny tiny pieces of earbud foam, or other types of foam and stuff the vents of these MH1/C with a sewing needle.

The foam vent stuffing mod is more clean looking than the tape mod methinks. :)

So pretty much this is your idea of a bit boomy then.

Mar 28, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #23,462 of 106,546

Then you gotta hear the H300 + Comply TSX200... 
etysmile.gif

^ No need for no H300s when you got these cheapo Sonys that sound AMAZING for literally peanuts.
normal_smile .gif

No the schitty on the other hand......

But i have learned to master them already so it doesn't bug me THAT much now, they are actually growing on me.
ph34r.gif
NOT!!!

You're crazy sf.  
biggrin.gif

^ i schitt you not Danny, i wanted those FAD Vs so badly initially but from what i am hearing outta' this simple modded/ tip rolled MH1/Cs i am no longer in a rush to get the Vs and esp. the H3s due to how scary they are similar sounding/ performing. NO JOKE!!!
normal_smile .gif

No doubt the FAD Vs and H3s are mo' refined across the spectrum but they ain't even THAT much better now.
triportsad.gif

Mar 28, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #23,464 of 106,546
I think by amount alone, the H-200 are about as much as I'd like when it comes to bass. Quality, tightness and rumble are another thing.

So if they are anything to go by, "basshead" phones will be last thing on my list. Lol

Mar 28, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #23,466 of 106,546
Mar 29, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #23,469 of 106,546
They should have supplied razor blades along with the cable to help end the misery quicker :wink:

Mar 29, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #23,471 of 106,546
Having said that, I was pretty re-impressed with the sound of them with the vmoda bliss tips. I have some vsonic tips, so I'll probaby try them out (and leave the razor blades in another room just to be safe lol).

Mar 29, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #23,472 of 106,546
Googled them, didn't find much, an Indonesian site selling them, that's where that came from. Currently listening to Earsonic SM64, got them used at a decent price on the For Sale forum. Have the currently hot JVC Woodies, the Sony H3, Doppios, all fairly recent arrivals, all on Kazillion hour burn in wait line, haven't spent much time to them, pre burn in audition seems to be dangerous for me. Awaiting 1 or 2 more. Auditioning W40. Have to say, really liking the SM64's, slightly warm, deliciously detailed without throwing detail in your face, nice extension both ends of spectrum, wide stage. Yeah, my usual fit problems (always my left ear...), similar idea/shape to Westone, but larger, think I have pretty good fit now. Gonna listen a bit, later...

Mar 29, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #23,474 of 106,546
  Maybe I need to hear those MH1C's again but then again, can't do that cable.

^ i was like damn these are damn nice after i re-listened to them but wasn't floored cuz they were not as refined as the Heave Vs/ H3s but like i be saying they are a crazy similar sound/presentation so..... around 80% of the sound of the FAD Vs sounds about right.

Am COMPLETELY floored after i changed to the VSonic hybrid tips with the foam bass vent stuffing mod. Was messin' with them couple of times with tape, band-aid, etc earlier this wekk and just couldn't get them to increase in resolution/ treble extension while taming the boomy bass all at the same time. I was using the stock VSonic black tips which gave them crazy nice bass but it was still missing something so... i tried the VSonic hybrid tips and BAM!!! All the problems i had with them seems to have been addressed.

There is always the ZMF re-cable services for $100 which includes the iems but my cheap arse ain't spending THAT much for just a re-cable. haha For $50 to $65 maybe.

They should have supplied razor blades along with the cable to help end the misery quicker
wink.gif

+

That's the Mh1d you're thinking of with the upgraded cable 5 Styles to choose from no less
biggrin.gif

^  ahahahahahahahah.....
..... NO!!! : P

Re bought the Sony mh1c:grin::grin:...ZMF RECABLED:sweat_smile:...7N OCC SILVER PLATED COPPER IN BLACK AND OYXCIDE RHODIUM PLATED RIGHT ANGLED PLUG FOR $129:grin:....CANT WAIT

^
BUT WHY???!!! For a bit mo' you can get the Heaven Vs??? LMAO

Mar 29, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #23,475 of 106,546
  ^ i was like damn these are damn nice after i re-listened to them but wasn't floored cuz they were not as refined as the Heave Vs/ H3s but like i be saying they are a crazy similar sound/presentation so..... around 80% of the sound of the FAD Vs sounds about right.

Am COMPLETELY floored after i changed to the VSonic hybrid tips with the foam bass vent stuffing mod. Was messin' with them couple of times with tape, band-aid, etc earlier this wekk and just couldn't get them to increase in resolution/ treble extension while taming the boomy bass all at the same time. I was using the stock VSonic black tips which gave them crazy nice bass but it was still missing something so... i tried the VSonic hybrid tips and BAM!!! All the problems i had with them seems to have been addressed.

There is always the ZMF re-cable services for $100 which includes the iems but my cheap arse ain't spending THAT much for just a re-cable. haha For $50 to $65 maybe.

+
^  ahahahahahahahah.....
..... NO!!! : P

^
BUT WHY???!!! For a bit mo' you can get the Heaven Vs??? LMAO

Or ETY HF5's or ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back