The discovery thread!
Jan 4, 2014 at 1:00 AM Post #18,226 of 106,567
The dnk and basso went in my baggy of iems that I don't use :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I'm seriously thinking of selling my TDK BA-200. The OM Audio InEarPeace is just too damn good, and I'm not sure I'm gonna reach for the TDK's? The TDK's are awesome sounding dual BA's, but the OM has better treble extension, near equal mids (not quite..but close) and way better bass. Especially now that they had burn in time, they are absolutely my favorite IEM. Even more so than the M200

Jan 4, 2014 at 1:26 AM Post #18,227 of 106,567

Goodness in a bag! Amp + Dap + OM hybrid. Hi-fi Heaven.

Jan 4, 2014 at 1:36 AM Post #18,230 of 106,567
Bass so textured..im like dayummm
miss so clear it makes my hair on my back stand up from the excitement :astonished:

I guess the Piston is the IEM of 2014??? Wall of Fame?

Jan 4, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #18,231 of 106,567

I am staunchly refusing to get on this crazy Piston hype train. Simply refusing. Ain't gonna happen. Nope. No way.
(if one more person spazzes over them, I'm warning you, it's gonna happen lol!)

Yeppp they sound like they are good, but ain't gonna go nutso over them, same goes for these LG QB2s i just got. Some claim they are better than the gr07 BE/ ASG 2s, but i ain't hearing it. They are good but not THAT good.

The caveat is always they are amazing, etc etc......... "for the price."

http://m.ebay.com/itm/141155457024?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1
bought mine from him:blush:....wayne you can't resist :sunglasses:

Thanks but that is the person i ain't buying them from that's for sure.....

What do you have to lose...only $30 at most :smiley:...and if you don't like them you can always use them as gym iems:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

.... this is budget-fi meng why would i spend $30 on the EXACT same set that i can get for $18.99 shipped where everyone is getting their??? 
rolleyes.gif

Great comparo review meng, simple and right to the point, with great insights as always!!!
beerchug.gif

Beryllium driver... for 25 bucks? Call me skeptical.

Firstly, it's relatively rare, secondly, it's hard to isolate and refine, partly because thirdly, working with it is highly toxic, as in to a possibly life threatening degree.

It's been done, but at very high cost.

Looks like a nice product for $25 though. Maybe I'll try the iPhone one...

+1

Great points, same could be said for CNT tech. Kinda a bit gimmicky but it all boils down to the tuning for me. It's good to know that Dunu tuned/ made these though.

Jan 4, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #18,233 of 106,567

Thanks but that is the person i ain't buying them from that's for sure.....

.... this is budget-fi meng why would i spend $30 on the EXACT same set that i can get for $18.99 shipped where everyone is getting their??? 
rolleyes.gif

+1

Great points, same could be said for CNT tech. Kinda a bit gimmicky but it all boils down to the tuning for me. It's good to know that Dunu tuned/ made these though.

That InShoes was the seller who declined my offer of $24.00 for the Piston. I told them to p*** off. They were selling them for $30.00. Now they are selling for $34.00. I got mine for $20.00 with $2.99 shipping from another seller. 

Beryllium speakers in most parts of the world sell for anywhere from $400-2,000, EXCEPT in China. I'm guessing that the processed supply there is much more common than anywhere else in the world, hence the very cheap price for their Beryllium speakers (Piston 2.0). 

Jan 4, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #18,234 of 106,567
  i'm sorry my friend, but those are the old ones. You can tell by the single button on the mic. The new design (Version 2.0) has a double button on the mic, and are gold in color. That's silver. 

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold your horses there for a moment! Both versions have 2 buttons and 1 button. The 2-button side is for Xiaomi phones (and some Androids) for volume controls, while the single button is for pause/play and taking calls. Still, the page that was linked is still the old one. Don't get confused with the remote. Both versions are one and the same. If you have actual pictures, then one could even tell if they're fakes or not.

Quote:
  I fully support this Piston hype train. I knew they were going to be very good, but I didn't think they would be THAT good.

+1 Let's add more fuel to it!

Jan 4, 2014 at 3:06 AM Post #18,235 of 106,567
Jan 4, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #18,236 of 106,567
  Hello friends!
Is this the old version or the new one? I just can't determine which is the version 2...

That's version 2.0 (new one). It's GOLD. 

Jan 4, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #18,237 of 106,567
Yeah. I ordered mine last week, and they just now posted to customs, and these were sent Singapore Post, which is supposed to be faster than China Post. Still won't be here until mid week at the earliest, and I'm in the States. 

I also ordered mine to be shipped with Singapore post. Got email that confirmed they were shipped out 20/12 and still no sign of them up here

I guess they got caught in the holiday rush :frowning2:

Jan 4, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #18,238 of 106,567
For us Onkyo suckers joker's review on the IE300 is up on Innerfidelity:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/onkyo-ie-hf300s-and-ie-fc300-ear-headphones

Jan 4, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #18,239 of 106,567
  That InShoes was the seller who declined my offer of $24.00 for the Piston. I told them to p*** off. They were selling them for $30.00. Now they are selling for $34.00. I got mine for $20.00 with $2.99 shipping from another seller. 

Beryllium speakers in most parts of the world sell for anywhere from $400-2,000, EXCEPT in China. I'm guessing that the processed supply there is much more common than anywhere else in the world, hence the very cheap price for their Beryllium speakers (Piston 2.0). 

^ LoL sounds about right coming from you.
tongue.gif

+1 Let's add more fuel to it!

^

Hello friends!
Is this the old version or the new one? I just can't determine which is the version 2...

dunno why people are not just getting them from this seller for $19 shipped, seems to be the most legit and cheapest.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs

bhazard seems to have added the link in his OP post of his The Great Chinese/ Asian Discovery Thread. 

I also ordered mine to be shipped with Singapore post. Got email that confirmed they were shipped out 20/12 and still no sign of them up here

I guess they got caught in the holiday rush
frown.gif

^ Man and isn't there like Lunar New Years holidays in China/ Hong Kong for like 2 months or something. LoL

Not sure about Singapore though.....

But have purchased some HM5 pads from mp4nation via Singapore post as well and it took FOREVER to come.
triportsad.gif

Jan 4, 2014 at 3:48 AM Post #18,240 of 106,567

dunno why people are not just getting them from this seller for $19 shipped, seems to be the most legit and cheapest.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs

bhazard seems to have added the link in his OP post of his The Great Chinese/ Asian Discovery Thread. 

Wow! That is an awesome thread! Thanks meng!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back