The discovery thread!
Dec 14, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #17,491 of 106,712

Just ordered these:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1960846098/decibullz-easy-and-affordable-custom-molded-earpho

I bit on this-if it works, will be great for those of us with mutant ears!!! (think we won't find out until next summer, though  

Now that you mention it, I do recall seeing something about that in these here parts, but can't remember the details. You remember them?

Dec 14, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #17,493 of 106,712
Been in Geek-ville for part of the day...more and more options added to package, if you go for them, winds up not being that cheap headphone amp/dac it started out being. Anyone have any feelings/ideas/knowledge about the LPS power supply? It's a $399 add on, tempting, but it was $299 for subscribers at one point, disappeared (list will be $499), so it sticks in my craw to pay an extry kilobuck for it...

Dec 14, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #17,497 of 106,712
It's actually not that much cheaper, LF added a price for "Geek Force" members (they had it initially, then it "sold out", now it is back) of $299. When you convert the pound price of the Kingrix, it is a few dollars less (don't know if there is any build or quality difference...it's not possible to know, as the Geek product are basically still really not in existence)

Dec 15, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #17,501 of 106,712

thanks, but the prices are no different from aliexpress :D well, at least I'll have an option. will try to roder one directly from xiaomi through my shipping agent in china.

They sell legit ones being a Xiaomi dealer....ali express-It's like an ocean,every seller shares the common images,common description etc and also they mostly have the clones and pay attention to bulk purchases.So the pictures in the listing and the actual item we receive may vary.I'm really afraid,though they advertise "full refund,whether the item is not as described or missed in the transit". Infact I have registered there to order some items 5 months ago but I didn't.Even the chat sessions are shared by one system I believe, as after I had a chat with one agent and hopped onto another,they already knew my requirements and the answers to my question were like copy/paste.

If anybody have experience(both good/bad) with aliexpress(piece purchase) may share here...pls.

Dec 15, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #17,502 of 106,712

They sell legit ones being a Xiaomi dealer....ali express-It's like an ocean,every seller shares the common images,common description etc and also they mostly have the clones and pay attention to bulk purchases.So the pictures in the listing and the actual item we receive may vary.I'm really afraid,though they advertise "full refund,whether the item is not as described or missed in the transit". Infact I have registered there to order some items 5 months ago but I didn't.Even the chat sessions are shared by one system I believe, as after I had a chat with one agent and hopped onto another,they already knew my requirements and the answers to my question were like copy/paste.

If anybody have experience(both good/bad) with aliexpress(piece purchase) may share here...pls.

I've ordered a Kevin John made Sebenza 21 with star struck pattern handle and it is awesome! moreover, the seller was very good and remembered my request after some odd months and emailed me about the knew product I inquired him long time ago...

Anyways, I'll order it directly from xiaomi, through a shipping agent in china...

Dec 16, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #17,504 of 106,712
  Ooh, so everyone's all hyped about the Xiaomi Pistons now? Lol, it's being sent to me as we speak, after my dad ordered it directly from Xiaomi for my bday (which is actually today, XD). I just hope I receive it this afternoon.

The originals were supposedly very good. The new ones look to be even better. Let us know how they sound.

I ended up with a fake pair of the first version, and they didn't sound very good. This time I went with the seller partnered with Xiaomi.

If that fails, here is the Taobao link to Xiaomi themselves. $16. You'll have to use a Taobao agent like Mistertao.com if you don't read or speak chinese, but at least this is the official source.

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=p413746991.5.w4011-3938203060.36.ATBse0&id=26522664670&rn=6e6d0a22872b59a5bdcb65ceb6a21e7a

Dec 16, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #17,505 of 106,712
  The originals were supposedly very good. The new ones look to be even better. Let us know how they sound.

I ended up with a fake pair of the first version, and they didn't sound very good. This time I went with the seller partnered with Xiaomi.

If that fails, here is the Taobao link to Xiaomi themselves. $16. You'll have to use a Taobao agent like Mistertao.com if you don't read or speak chinese, but at least this is the official source.

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=p413746991.5.w4011-3938203060.36.ATBse0&id=26522664670&rn=6e6d0a22872b59a5bdcb65ceb6a21e7a

Well, I already found the link. I looked in TaoBao first. And rest assured, I live in China and am studying Chinese atm, so no need to worry.
I'm ordering directly from XIaomi, but since the Pistons are 99RMB, I couldn't avail for free shipping which are for orders at 100RMB and above. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back