The discovery thread!
Nov 19, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #16,817 of 106,574
Aliexpress holds your money and doesn't let the seller have it until you confirm that you've received the item. Sometimes sellers will contact you and tell you to approve it early. If you get a seller like that than your best bet, technically the rule, is to report them to Aliexpress and you'll be issued a refund. I've ordered from there plenty of times.

Nov 19, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #16,818 of 106,574
  How them AKGs treating you.? Gotta give us an impression.  Those go for $200 no?

Ya, they're $249 list, $199 with coupon through Razordog. I'm loving them actually. They are warmer and have more bass than the K550, but still have lots of clarity.

Some who loved the earlier AKGs don't like the added bass, and they're still not bassy enough to appeal to bassheads, but I think they walk a great balance. So far they're my favorite of all the headphones I've owned. I just got the UE6000s too, which are very nice and I like them, but if I listen to them right after the AKGs they sound like mud.

Nov 19, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #16,819 of 106,574
  My feeling as well but at least mine were sent by HK Post and was way faster than all the other stuff I bought there at about the same time that is sendt by China Post.......

So you have to use your credit card? No paypal with this vendor?

Nov 19, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #16,820 of 106,574
Yes I did. Once I've made the payment it took a few days for the seller mailed it but it only took ten days in the mail. I'm very happy with my purchase so far but of course I cannot make any promises.....

As far as I understand it's not possible to use PayPal on any purchases from aliexpress. I've used my credit card on all my purchases there.

I found that the comply 400 tips are the best with the Onkyo's so far.

Nov 19, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #16,821 of 106,574
Found that I had taken the RHA with me, quick comparison (running about, show to see), Monsters better, RHA has slightly better treble, soundstage, midrange, detail, stage silence, bass all Gratitudes, like the fit better, but that's my thing, listen in more detail later...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Are you saying RHA has slightly better treble, but Soundstage, midrange, detail, stage silence, and bass are better on Gratitude?

Nov 19, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #16,822 of 106,574
  Are you sure they are genuine though? It's so much cheaper than non-China sites
I've had a look at their other IEMs on offer, lots of brands are there too surprisingly considering some are not known much outside of audiophile circles.
For all their deemed genuine offerings, seems like they bothered to photoshop-ed out some of the logos but some were just left there like that.
Genuine, really? at such a price? 
But who would bother to mass produce obscurely known audiophile IEMs?
Your IEM does come with the Onkyo logo on it but no retail packaging?

OK, site does seem really cheap, but I'll take a chance as well. Ordered, but not sure if it went through, things a bit confusing @ Aliexpress. See what happens...

I'm torn. They use the description "Top quality" on most of the fakes, and genuine on the others. They might actually be genuine.

Plus, like said before, them seem a little rare to mass produce copies of.

Nov 19, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #16,823 of 106,574
  Talking about first impressions I finally got my self a pair of Onkyo IEHF300s (yeah I know I'm late to the party 
normal_smile%20.gif
). 

I really like what I'm hearing after only a few hours with them. Man, do they have a BIG sound. I'm a little surprised that these went of the rader so fast but I'll guess it's the nature of this thread (and this forum in general as well 
wink.gif
).

If someone is still interested I got them of Aliexpress for $48 with free shipping and I see that they are even cheaper now:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Genuine-Original-ONKYO-IE-HF300-HF300-Noise-Cancelling-Deep-Bass-Hi-Fi-Dynamic-Stereo-In-Ear/1384318736.html

Do you like them more than the Monster Gratitude?

Nov 19, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #16,824 of 106,574
Do you like them more than the Monster Gratitude?

To early to say. If you're refering to me saying best at usd50 it's because the Gratitude's cost me usd100 with shipping and taxes while the Onkyo's were 50 delivered (I should have seen that coming and been more clear about it :) )

Nov 19, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #16,825 of 106,574
To early to say. If you're refering to me saying best at usd50 it's because the Gratitude's cost me usd100 with shipping and taxes while the Onkyo's were 50 delivered (I should have seen that coming and been more clear about it
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Thanks.  I asked because I have the Gratitude and would only consider purchasing the Onkyo's if they were better.  I may have to save up for KEF M200 for the next upgrade.

Nov 19, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #16,826 of 106,574
Thanks.  I asked because I have the Gratitude and would only consider purchasing the Onkyo's if they were better.  I may have to save up for KEF M200 for the next upgrade.

I think that would be a safer bet (haven't heard the KEF but they sure seem to be great). So far I would say that the Onkyo's are more of a sidegrade to the Gratitude's.

Nov 19, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #16,827 of 106,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz link

Found that I had taken the RHA with me, quick comparison (running about, show to see), Monsters better, RHA has slightly better treble, soundstage, midrange, detail, stage silence, bass all Gratitudes, like the fit better, but that's my thing, listen in more detail later...

Are you saying RHA has slightly better treble, but Soundstage, midrange, detail, stage silence, and bass are better on Gratitude?
I wrote that on vacation, used a touch screen device, that's what happens. I believe that is what I meant, but I'll try to listen again tonight or tomorrow (working now). My English teacher would be horrified at my syntax.

Nov 19, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #16,828 of 106,574
  Talking about first impressions I finally got my self a pair of Onkyo IEHF300s (yeah I know I'm late to the party 
normal_smile%20.gif
). 

I really like what I'm hearing after only a few hours with them. Man, do they have a BIG sound. I'm a little surprised that these went of the rader so fast but I'll guess it's the nature of this thread (and this forum in general as well 
wink.gif
).

If someone is still interested I got them of Aliexpress for $48 with free shipping and I see that they are even cheaper now:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Genuine-Original-ONKYO-IE-HF300-HF300-Noise-Cancelling-Deep-Bass-Hi-Fi-Dynamic-Stereo-In-Ear/1384318736.html

Great find Peter! I've dealt with Aliexpress before and they're legit.

Nov 19, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #16,829 of 106,574
the Onkyo IE-HF300 are great phones, great for the price with packaging or not. The m200 have been getting my attention mostly, much more refined and less aggressive.
im itching to upgrade to the asg2 though.

the Yamaha HPH-200BL look like very very nice phones... anyone comment on how much they bleed, being open phones?

Nov 19, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #16,830 of 106,574
  the Onkyo IE-HF300 are great phones, great for the price with packaging or not. The m200 have been getting my attention mostly, much more refined and less aggressive.
im itching to upgrade to the asg2 though.

the Yamaha HPH-200BL look like very very nice phones... anyone comment on how much they bleed, being open phones?

Just got the M200 and I haven't found any flaw (sound wise) so far...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back