The discovery thread!
Oct 30, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #16,051 of 100,489
Dannybai and doctorjazz... you guys are awesome and you are doing a good job of weakening my resistance!
beerchug.gif

Oct 30, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #16,052 of 100,489
Looks like everyone is in agreement that the Gratitude's are a great buy. Now all we need is Dsnut's blessing and they will be inducted into the discovery hall of fame.

Oct 30, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #16,053 of 100,489
Every single person who's bought the Gratitudes loves them, and since they're discontinued stocks will eventually run out.  Two good reasons to buy them, I think.  And the Gratitudes are definitely dynamics, Monster has no BA headphones.

I bought a pair for 60 bucks and sold them. Didn't hate them but nothing special to me, did not care for the form factor. Much prefer the Trumpets but they cost 3x as much. No big deal, glad others like them.

Oct 30, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #16,054 of 100,489
I bought a pair for 60 bucks and sold them. Didn't hate them but nothing special to me, did not care for the form factor. Much prefer the Trumpets but they cost 3x as much. No big deal, glad others like them.

Interesting. Could you say what it is about the Trumpets, soundwise, that you like more? How do the two sound signatures compare?

Oct 30, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #16,055 of 100,489

Interesting. Could you say what it is about the Trumpets, soundwise, that you like more? How do the two sound signatures compare?

IIRC: The Trumpet's sound more like a refined version of Turbine Pro Gold. Which means it's a bit more bass heavy and v shaped.

Oct 30, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #16,056 of 100,489
I find the shape unusual as well, with the body going out at a funny angle, but doesn't bother me-many iem's I have more trouble with. Don't have the Trumpets, do have the Miles Tributes, haven't done one of these direct head to head, maybe get to it later, though doesn't actually seem to be a decision for anyone. Still, inquiring minds need to know...

Oct 30, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #16,057 of 100,489
  I find the shape unusual as well, with the body going out at a funny angle, but doesn't bother me-many iem's I have more trouble with. Don't have the Trumpets, do have the Miles Tributes, haven't done one of these direct head to head, maybe get to it later, though doesn't actually seem to be a decision for anyone. Still, inquiring minds need to know...

So how does the Gratitudes sound different from the Tributes, if at all?

Oct 30, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #16,058 of 100,489

So how does the Gratitudes sound different from the Tributes, if at all?

The Gratitude's sound like the Copper's with a tiny bass boost IMO.

Oct 30, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #16,059 of 100,489
Where did you get the Gratitude's for $50? I'm looking for a good-looking, cable-down in-ear to offset my ugly GR07 BE :p
Also can anyone compare the sound between the GR07 (MK2/BE) and the Gratitude if possible?

Oct 30, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #16,060 of 100,489
Where did you get the Gratitude's for $50? I'm looking for a good-looking, cable-down in-ear to offset my ugly GR07 BE :p

Also can anyone compare the sound between the GR07 (MK2/BE) and the Gratitude if possible?

They were available briefly on Amazon for $49.99 but they sold out within a few hours.

Oct 30, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #16,063 of 100,489

Ok, well, one person didn't like them.
rolleyes.gif

I can definitely understand not liking the form factor as they're kind of oddly shaped.

Thankfully, I have gigantic bat-ears and I've never had a problem fitting IEMs, even the really weird shaped ones.

Oct 31, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #16,064 of 100,489
Well..As much as I blasted them drivers. I can't get over how wonky the sound is on the HA-S660. I think it is actually worse than the HA-S600. Which is very surprising to me. I don't know who can design this and listen to it thinking it has a good sound quality.. Don't know if it was just me but I can swear the bass got stronger with an overnight burn in. It is too boosted for having smaller closed in cups.

I don't mind big bass but I do when that is what your hearing on even bass light tunes.. Lol. The mids are easily overtaken. What mids there are. The sound is just terrible. With the Panas coming my way I am gonna call this one a loss and see if I can get a RMA. It is too bad as they they actually are built and look nicer than the older HA-S600.

Sound wise. These come dangerously close to the worst JVC headphones I have ever owned. The HA-S700. As dark as the HA-S660 sounds. Going off of memory at least the HA-S660 has treble. The HA-S700 had none to speak of.. The darkest dankiest sound I have ever heard..

At least we mostly get good stuff here on the discovery thread. Mostly. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back