The discovery thread!
Oct 12, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #15,406 of 106,715
  Well, I'm finally happy to have a new use for pantyhose! 
ph34r.gif

Might want to keep the S&M stuff between you and cardboard's PMs.
Discovery of Fifty Shades this is not.

@nick where are you thinking of getting those HP700s. Local Tom Lee and L&Ms used to have them, but not anymore. AVshop?

Oct 12, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #15,407 of 106,715
 Maybe yeah I will check prices @ Canucker shops at the very least.
Been through this search before and made myself forget on purpose.

Oct 12, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #15,408 of 106,715

Actually you are late to the party. Dweaver as you know started the thread on them a while ago. I have my pair as well. They are excellent cans as you put it and overlooked. I always thought they were better sonically over the M50s. I gave my M50s away. Still have my HP700.

I have a feeling these are actually AT cans in disguise as both the HP1000s and HP500s are AT rebranded cans so these should be an AT can of some sort as well. .

although I knew that you had hp700s (read your sig.) there never seems to be any promoting of these cans so I thought this thread would be best.

Oct 12, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #15,409 of 106,715

My bad HP700 not D

Yes I do have more than a few sets of Shure 840 pads and compatible ones here. Thanks for the info will let this percolate.

Never did like velour pads much except on the Ultrasone2500. I'm probably crazy but they just seem wrong somehow.

What did that do besides comfort? Tone down some highs?

BTW what's the time period on these models, At driver seems confirmed for the 1000 and like Dsnuts said the 500, but Fostex was also OEM for their other ones obviously until recently.

More I think about this $100 seems more than reasonable, just like to hear it first which I doubt is possible, since everyone has different baselines and comparison scales they judge by.

they make the overall sound quite a bit better, with a slightly tighter bass, smoother highs, and mids that become alot less recessed, and I've heard around that the drivers are from the fostex generation of cans (d2000, D5000, D7000)

Oct 12, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #15,410 of 106,715
  Heck if you want staple some salmon skin over the pads. Anything should work.

Actually it's more of a microfibre sleeve thing, but they get pretty fuzzy over time like velours.

You guys never heard of Scotchguard. A shot of that keeps the pilling right down. You just have to let em dry for about a millenium after you shoot em.

Oct 12, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #15,412 of 106,715
  But it's not salmon.

What would happen to the hipster....?

You know I'd use sanity covers for everything - but it screws with the seal.

Just think of Scotchguard as a spray on condom.

That way you dont have the cat licking at your ears trying to get at your pads.

Oct 12, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #15,413 of 106,715
  Just think of Scotchguard as a spray on condom.

That way you dont have the cat licking at your ears trying to get at your pads.

By god, pantyhose, and now this. I swear the entire site's innudated with horny SOBs. Must come with the hobby. Next you'll have us spray the drivers with Pam and coax the treble out with some Panda Peins Jiffy Lube. 

Why ruin a good thing - I've not needed to my ears for years now!

Michael's or Canadian Tire? I'll try and find some.

Oct 13, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #15,414 of 106,715
  By god, pantyhose, and now this. I swear the entire site's innudated with horny SOBs. Must come with the hobby. Next you'll have us spray the drivers with Pam and coax the treble out with some Panda Peins Jiffy Lube. 

Why ruin a good thing - I've not needed to my ears for years now!

Michael's or Canadian Tire? I'll try and find some.

I blame the Japanese. Everything has some form of perverse sexual innuendo when they get involved.

The tire, everything is cheaper there. Occasionally your local dollar store will get it in but that's pretty rare.

Oct 13, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #15,415 of 106,715
or Home Hardware a Canadian place, unlike Can Tire which is not.

Oct 13, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #15,417 of 106,715
  Home tends to be about 30 percent more expensive out here. You guys don't have RONA out your way do you?

I'll check that too (no luck for inferiornick on the island). But by god, it's one can.

or Home Hardware a Canadian place, unlike Can Tire which is not.

Neither as perverted as Rona-desu-san, the ultimate rip-off hardware store. Hello Kitty not included.

I blame the Japanese. Everything has some form of perverse sexual innuendo when they get involved.

The tire, everything is cheaper there. Occasionally your local dollar store will get it in but that's pretty rare.

T50RP aka Toilet 50 Really Perverted. Fostex tried to warn us, Yamaha put them down with the Yellow Heimlich 1000. Thus sparked the ero-planar wars.

I'll check that too, there's Rice World in Richmond, and Dollarama they have everything worth having.

Oct 13, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #15,418 of 106,715
  I'll check that too (no luck for inferiornick on the island). But by god, it's one can.

Neither as perverted as Rona-desu-san, the ultimate rip-off hardware store. Hello Kitty not included.

T50RP aka Toilet 50 Really Perverted. Fostex tried to warn us, Yamaha put them down with the Yellow Heimlich 1000. Thus sparked the ero-planar wars.

I'll check that too, there's Rice World in Richmond, and Dollarama they have everything worth having.

Ah but the new inmproved FostAI headphone will make all your dreams come true. Perversity is about to go upstream.

Dollarama is where I find it once in a while. I suspect they take on overstockes and bankruptcies.

Oct 13, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #15,419 of 106,715
  although I knew that you had hp700s (read your sig.) there never seems to be any promoting of these cans so I thought this thread would be best.

I got em a while back so they haven't gotten much use lately but I can certainly understand your like of these cans. Out of the 3 DJ cans it is the HP700s that sounds the best. The HP1000s sound good too but are a bit heavy to be wearing around. The HP500s are solid little portables and sound excellent as well.. All of em look great. 

The Allen and Heath Xone XD53 and XD40s are the same cans as the HP1000 and the HP500

I like the way the Denons look better though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back