The discovery thread!
Jun 19, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #36,766 of 101,266
This gives me hope that I will one day get my Hunters. But I have been reading the thread and some of the supposed Phantom Master 6 has 2 dynamics vs the supposedly dual dynamic and 4 BAs. So they are frankensteining the phones to sound like what they originally planned. However getting something is better than getting nothing.

Well, I don't know how to open it up, but it doesn't matter to me now. Why? Because I demanded my money back (maybe over a year ago) and received it. I paid through paypal and they got my money back for me. I listened briefly. While I'm not blown away like the initial hearing of the N5005 or LZ A5, these don't sound bad. I still need to get a sense of the sound signature (plus try the ton of other filters that came with it). Wait a minute! Maybe I can tell you what's inside it. Give me a second.

Jun 19, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #36,767 of 101,266
I screwed the filters off, but I can't tell. Sometimes you can see the BAs inside with certain hybrids. Others, you can't.

Jun 19, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #36,768 of 101,266
So, I looked up the shape of the earphones I received, and this is supposed to be the Phantom Hunter 5 (which is the earphone I originally ordered from them two or three years back). So let me investigate the sound some more.

Jun 19, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #36,769 of 101,266
Wait, you received a refund and still got the product?! I received my money as well, maybe I'll get a PM6 LMAO

Jun 19, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #36,770 of 101,266
Wait, you received a refund and still got the product?! I received my money as well, maybe I'll get a PM6 LMAO

Yes sir!

Jun 19, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #36,771 of 101,266
So fellas, guess what shows up in the mail today. Trinity earphones after all these years! I don't even know what models these are (maybe the phantom master?), but they come with like three cables, a bunch of tips and several tuning ports. They are in a very nice box, but again, it doesn't indicate which model they are. Just showed up out of the blue today.
This is really like a ghost from the past.
I had Icarus on order, cancelled it and got my money back almost an year ago. I don't even remember which Icarus version I had ordered.

Jun 19, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #36,772 of 101,266
Got a killer deal today. Null-audio was selling AAW ciem demos in universal fit at 50% off, but apparently had a conversion rate issue or something coz I snagged an AAW a3h pro v2 for $80 shipped. I was a bit late, so missed on a lot of cool custom designs and had to settle for a transparent blue one without fancy faceplates, but still a crazy good deal at almost 75% off. That's better than that aaw nebula two I snagged for 50 bucks last year. It will be interesting to see how it will fare against the flc8d

Is the sale over? :frowning2:

Jun 19, 2018 at 8:31 PM Post #36,773 of 101,266
So, I couldn't really see inside to say if the BAs are in this Phantom Hunter or not, but my guess is that there are some in the earphone. Why? Well, treble and upper mids have a very BA-ish ting and sound to my ears. I went from the red filter (heavy bass) to the gunmetal greyish filter (with damping material inside). This has given the earphone a more neutral sound. The soundstage is quite wide, and these earphones amp quite well with my tube amp. The details are there out of the box deep (another reason I think there are BAs in the earphone). It doesn't have that total relaxed dynamic sound. I can't say if the sound is equal to the LZ A5 (although it's clearly not on N5005 level), but if I'm being honest, I have to say these "took-more-than-two-years-to-get" earphones sound kind of sweet. The temperature of the sound is in the middle. I think it leans a bit toward cool than warm, but it's not a cold or sterile earphone by any stretch of the imagination. That's it for now. I don't hate the sound (which is actually shocking to me since it took so long to receive them).

Jun 19, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #36,774 of 101,266
Can you post a pic of how the shells look? I have a feeling you got a Phantom Master. If is has interchangeable face plates that is what those are. My Phantom Master came with carbon fiber plates on them. Also came with Red and Blue face plates. The hunter I don't think is able to change the face plates on them.

Jun 19, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #36,775 of 101,266
Here you go Ds.

Phantom1.jpg
Ph2.jpg

Jun 19, 2018 at 10:45 PM Post #36,777 of 101,266
Those are the Hunters. Man I wish I cancelled my order so I can get some Hunters. Lol.

They aren’t sounding bad.

Jun 20, 2018 at 2:50 AM Post #36,778 of 101,266
Is the sale over? :frowning2:
Well, technically not as they had relisted a bunch of models yesterday, but that's because null-audio actually decided to charge everyone for the price difference, so I have to pay another $75 and I guess a lot of people cancelled their orders.

I'm still undecided whether to cancel my order - it's still a 50% discount, but after buying a $2000 laptop, the flc8d, the rhythmos sd7 plus and an expensive vacation in Portugal, I feel like I should be eating only noodles and staying away from any purchases for a while. On the other hand, I've wanted to try the aaw a3h and axh for some time, so maybe I should just get it and sell something else. For instance, if some is interested in the rhythmos sd7 plus, I can cut you a super sweet deal.

Jun 20, 2018 at 3:47 AM Post #36,779 of 101,266
After quiet a bit of extensive listening to the Hisenior B8 with the 8BAs per side, I can safely say that these have my recommendation... I'm blown away by the sound quality every day and it's actually quite hard to believe that the T12 will sound even better, but they surely will since 4 BAs are dedicated just to the bass, 4 BAs for the mids and another 4 BAs for the highs. Right now on the B8 the Bass and Mids are shared by the same BAs, which still makes them sound very amazing, but I cannot wait to have more fullness in the bass and even thicker mids. :L3000:

My prediction is that Hisenior, in general, will gain more attention from Head-Fi just like NiceHCK did. Hopefully at least.

I have to leave some impressions as well:

Overall, they sound very balanced. Mids come out so well and the treble feels very smooth without any major peaks. These have the best Mids I've yet to hear in any headphones, at least IEM wise!

Following jumps into my mind when I listen to them:

- A lot of clarity and every instrument has a lot of air around it, they never feel congested
- Microdetail, microdetail oh BAs I love you
- Tight and detailed Bass, although Bassheads needn't apply
- Very quick and resolving
- Beside the bass being a bit light on some tracks, they feel very balanced. Again, the mids are wonderful and it's easy to forgive any little "flaw" (if there are really any) in their signature.

What can I say, I'm officially in love with the BAs only sound and I can't wait to share further impressions from their flagship the T12. I'd love to just keep the B8s as well, but due to financial reasons, they gotta go.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2018 at 4:21 AM Post #36,780 of 101,266
After quiet a bit of extensive listening to the Hisenior B8 with the 8BAs per side, I can safely say that these have my recommendation... I'm blown away by the sound quality every day and it's actually quite hard to believe that the T12 will sound even better, but they surely will since 4 BAs are dedicated just to the bass, 4 BAs for the mids and another 4 BAs for the highs. Right now on the B8 the Bass and Mids are shared by the same BAs, which still makes them sound very amazing, but I cannot wait to have more fullness in the bass and even thicker mids. :L3000:

Nice! How would you compare it with Hk6?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back