The discovery thread!
Apr 21, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #35,476 of 99,968

These are new and something interesting from QKZ: the VK1. They cost 18 euros, which is more than double that of the other IEMs from the brand.

My guess: these look like the TRN V10 for a reason. The V10 was the first IEM made by two ex employees of KZ, but had some faults like too piercing highs. I think this is KZ’s revenge... ‘We can do it better, guys.’

QKZ and KZ are not the same brand...

Apr 21, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #35,477 of 99,968
QKZ and KZ are not the same brand...
KZ is a subdivision of QKZ, as far as I’m concerned. Or the other way around.

Also, I can see why they didn’t want to bash TRN V10 under the KZ ‘top’ brand. QKZ is just a messy collection of IEMs all doing something different for a few bucks.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #35,478 of 99,968
DSCF4023.JPG

So I just opened up my box not 10 minutes ago. Haven't heard them yet but I had to take a pic. These are definitely custom made. They are like jewelry. They look even better in person than in pictures. All 6 BAs can be clearly seen and completely floating in aqua blue resin. Stunning looking one of the best looking iems I have ever held in my hands.

I opted for the package minus the cable. The tips are actually usable and look quality. Several double flange tips and quality looking silicones. Came in a NiceHCK box with a black zip up case. Tight and to the point.

Apr 21, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #35,479 of 99,968

So I just opened up my box not 10 minutes ago. Haven't heard them yet but I had to take a pic. These are definitely custom made. They are like jewelry. They look even better in person than in pictures. All 6 BAs can be clearly seen and completely floating in aqua blue resin. Stunning looking one of the best looking iems I have ever held in my hands.

I opted for the package minus the cable. The tips are actually usable and look quality. Several double flange tips and quality looking silicones. Came in a NiceHCK box with a black zip up case. Tight and to the point.

Beautiful! :beerchug: Hope they sound even better than they look!

Apr 21, 2018 at 8:59 PM Post #35,480 of 99,968
tenor.gif

Wholy Smokes!.

So my spidey senses were more than correct. There is a reason why these earphones are getting unanimous 5 star ratings on NiceHCK..

I skipped the standard SPC cable these comes with and went directly for the all silver. To be fair if an earphone jives with the all silver cable it brings up the sonics to a different level of sonics than they throw out so take this initial impression knowing this. I will throw on the stock cable and hear them and revaluate how these sound but.

Damn fellas!! These things are masterful. I am listening to them out of my Cayin N5ii in balanced mode and they sound absolutely superb out of the box! Sound has a maturity and space that just encompass the hearing.

Never in my wildest thoughts did I think these were gonna sound this nice. Maybe that is why this shop is called NiceHCK. Cus the sound is so damn NICE! lol.

Yes I can confirm. These sound even nicer than they look. Absolutely superb!! And I haven't even burned them in!

Stunning rendition of vocals. The guy who wrote that these are rich and clear. He got that right. The sound has everything going for it. Smoothness. Fullness, extremely layered, detailed, wide deeeeep and I mean deeeeep sounding. Sounds like your in a big room full of high end speakers. I can clearly tell every single BA in the housing is blasting at full capacity. It has one of the deepest sounds I have heard for an earphone. Very engulfing surround type sound that just lets you know your hearing something special. I have a stupid grin on my face as I type.

Will let them burn in for a night and see where they go. But for now I am VERY IMPRESSED!!

Apr 21, 2018 at 9:48 PM Post #35,481 of 99,968
tenor.gif

Wholy Smokes!.

So my spidey senses were more than correct. There is a reason why these earphones are getting unanimous 5 star ratings on NiceHCK..

I skipped the standard SPC cable these comes with and went directly for the all silver. To be fair if an earphone jives with the all silver cable it brings up the sonics to a different level of sonics than they throw out so take this initial impression knowing this. I will throw on the stock cable and hear them and revaluate how these sound but.

Damn fellas!! These things are masterful. I am listening to them out of my Cayin N5ii in balanced mode and they sound absolutely superb out of the box! Sound has a maturity and space that just encompass the hearing.

Never in my wildest thoughts did I think these were gonna sound this nice. Maybe that is why this shop is called NiceHCK. Cus the sound is so damn NICE! lol.

Yes I can confirm. These sound even nicer than they look. Absolutely superb!! And I haven't even burned them in!

Stunning rendition of vocals. The guy who wrote that these are rich and clear. He got that right. The sound has everything going for it. Smoothness. Fullness, extremely layered, detailed, wide deeeeep and I mean deeeeep sounding. Sounds like your in a big room full of high end speakers. I can clearly tell every single BA in the housing is blasting at full capacity. It has one of the deepest sounds I have heard for an earphone. Very engulfing surround type sound that just lets you know your hearing something special. I have a stupid grin on my face as I type.

Will let them burn in for a night and see where they go. But for now I am VERY IMPRESSED!!
How do you compare this against the sd7 or sd7 plus?? . Thanks in advance

Apr 21, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #35,482 of 99,968
I will compare these to the SD7s once I feel I have a better understanding of their sound. Out of the box they are extremely impressive. They certainly have a much higher end premium look to them and I like the included accessories much more so than the SD7s. To be fair however. You couldn't possibly get worse accessories than what comes with the SD7s. Out of the box they have a similar tuning to the SD7 plus more so than the hybrid model but again I will use them for a few days and really get into them and then do a comparison. They kinda remind me of my ATH- IM03 in sonics. But like a super version of them.

I put on the stock SPC cables these come with. Even though I opted for the earphones without cable I did this because I already own 3 of the exact same cables these come with. They sound excellent with stock cable actually. No real need to upgrade to the silver but Some of that deepness and fullness of sound with even better definition comes from the silver. Sounds leans a bit more neutral in tone and balance with stock cable. Pure silver cables are deceptive as they enhance the abilities of the BAs they are attached to so I am gonna just use this stock cable for a bit. Well that is until I get my blue SPC cables I ordered.

HQ6 has some stiff competition right off the bat. Those are gonna have to be at a crazy level to beat these. Lol We will see. I have no idea where that one is.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #35,483 of 99,968
tenor.gif

Wholy Smokes!.

Now thats is good news indeed!

There is something else you might want to try however i don't think its available yet.
3 BA, 6BA and 12 BA configurations.
006fC3nfgy1fqfgkob15wj31hd2nbx6r.jpg

Apr 21, 2018 at 10:12 PM Post #35,484 of 99,968
It seems there is some very stiff competition to get that Japanese Yen.

Now in hind site I can completely understand why so many Japanese enthusiasts order from Aliexpress. I can only imagine how expensive a semi custom 6 BA earphone will cost in Japan. I am thinking maybe 2- 3X as much. Value is extreme with these Chi fi all BA earphones.

You know these HK6 got me thinking. Them IT04s better be really good for $500.

Apr 22, 2018 at 12:40 AM Post #35,485 of 99,968
It seems there is some very stiff competition to get that Japanese Yen.

Now in hind site I can completely understand why so many Japanese enthusiasts order from Aliexpress. I can only imagine how expensive a semi custom 6 BA earphone will cost in Japan. I am thinking maybe 2- 3X as much. Value is extreme with these Chi fi all BA earphones.

You know these HK6 got me thinking. Them IT04s better be really good for $500.

Have you receive them HK6?

Apr 22, 2018 at 1:14 AM Post #35,486 of 99,968

Congratulations my friend to have such a nice stuff ,
As i understand from your posts this iem is a combination of SD7+ sound signature and A5's clarity and details , right ,???

Apr 22, 2018 at 1:23 AM Post #35,487 of 99,968
Apr 22, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #35,488 of 99,968
Well, I missed getting the SD7 plus yesterday, so will grab it tomorrow. On another note, does anyone know of any interesting new audio gear from Japan coz a friend of mine will be there next month and I was wondering if there is anything cool worth worth getting?

Apr 22, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #35,490 of 99,968
Have you receive them HK6?

The initial impressions of them fine looking all blue iem is in fact the HK6. I am eagerly awaiting my HQ6 to compare them to from exiled vendor.

Congratulations my friend to have such a nice stuff ,
As i understand from your posts this iem is a combination of SD7+ sound signature and A5's clarity and details , right ,???

It is starting to look that way. I took them out for a brief listen as I woke up this morning to do some yard work.

Never enjoyed yard work so much. Lol. It has some really great transparency as it clearly shows the strengths of my different players. The N5ii is more musical in sound tuning and it showed last night. I used my Shanling M3s this morning and it threw out a more neutral type sound and which was just as enjoyable if not more and that is how the player portrays sound so apparently more resolving of the sources sound signature.

I noticed the HK6 are very easy to drive for having 6 BAs. They continue to impress. I will get my blue SPC cables I bought just to match up with these on Monday and then I will post some pics. Thus far I feel I got one of the better deals for audio.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back